VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Serious Snakebite in Upper Austria

Go down 
+5
Nojus Simoliunas
Peter Zürcher
Michael Khaja
Klaus Roemer
Guenter Leitenbauer
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Guenter Leitenbauer
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Guenter Leitenbauer

Male
Number of posts : 1389
Registration date : 2008-05-17

Serious Snakebite in Upper Austria Empty
PostSubject: Serious Snakebite in Upper Austria   Serious Snakebite in Upper Austria Icon_minitimeMon 24 Sep - 15:06

http://www.oe24.at/oesterreich/chronik/3-Tage-Kampf-um-sein-Leben/79269396

What I heard, he lost his finger sadly.
Back to top Go down
http://www.leitenbauer.net
Klaus Roemer
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Serious Snakebite in Upper Austria   Serious Snakebite in Upper Austria Icon_minitimeMon 24 Sep - 18:22

Bites to digits by viperids is often a problem, when there is no AV given. A couple of years ago my wife (who is a physician) and I were involved in the treatment of a bite to the right hand index finger by a juvenile (few days old) Bitis gabonica. At that time there was no AV immediatetly available, and frankly, we were guessing that a bite by such a small snake would not produce any serious problems. However, the victim developed a venom-induced consumptive coagulopathy and thrombocyte loss (incoaguable blood) that lasted several days, and the index finger finally had to be amputated.
Back to top Go down
Michael Khaja

Male
Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2012-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Serious Snakebite in Upper Austria   Serious Snakebite in Upper Austria Icon_minitimeMon 24 Sep - 19:15

Hi all.
Till now Marcos finger isn´t gone!
They have to wait, till his bloodquality is in better condition. Then the doctors will decide if his finger could be saved or not.

I wish him much luck for no amputation!
Back to top Go down
Peter Zürcher
Admin
Admin
Peter Zürcher

Male
Number of posts : 1266
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Serious Snakebite in Upper Austria   Serious Snakebite in Upper Austria Icon_minitimeMon 24 Sep - 20:05

I don't know anything about the bite and it's circumstances and surely i'm wishing good and soon recovery.
Nevertheless, my surprise is usually quite limited if someone who handles venomous snakes with bare hands gets bitten.........i remember a picture of the victim's hand holding a juvenile Bitis gabonica....
Back to top Go down
http://www.reptilienzoonockalm.at
Nojus Simoliunas
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Nojus Simoliunas

Male
Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2012-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Serious Snakebite in Upper Austria   Serious Snakebite in Upper Austria Icon_minitimeMon 24 Sep - 20:34

The last sentence was the best!
Back to top Go down
Christian Hennemann
Christian Hennemann

Male
Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2012-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Serious Snakebite in Upper Austria   Serious Snakebite in Upper Austria Icon_minitimeTue 25 Sep - 18:12

Hello

So the minds here to reassure forum. Mr. P has held no snake in your hand. It was an unfortunate accident during clean-up operations and in a moment of inattention. Mr. P is not finger amputated and he is concerned with the circumstances very well he could leave the hospital and return to his family. I'm glad that all is healing expired. Mr. P is know a very responsible owner with a large. There was never a risk compared to the third.

Best regards

Christian
Back to top Go down
Peter Schulze Niehoff
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Peter Schulze Niehoff

Male
Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Serious Snakebite in Upper Austria   Serious Snakebite in Upper Austria Icon_minitimeTue 25 Sep - 22:06

Christian Hennemann wrote:
... a very responsible owner with a large.
Wow, that's nice to hear.

Wink Peter
Back to top Go down
Michael Khaja

Male

PostSubject: Re: Serious Snakebite in Upper Austria   Serious Snakebite in Upper Austria Icon_minitimeTue 25 Sep - 22:11

:-D
Back to top Go down
Guenter Leitenbauer
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Guenter Leitenbauer

Male
Number of posts : 1389
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Serious Snakebite in Upper Austria   Serious Snakebite in Upper Austria Icon_minitimeWed 26 Sep - 20:12

Mr. P has held no snake in your hand

No, luckily not in mine! :-D
Back to top Go down
http://www.leitenbauer.net
Jon Davidson
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Jon Davidson

Male
Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2009-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Serious Snakebite in Upper Austria   Serious Snakebite in Upper Austria Icon_minitimeThu 27 Sep - 2:44

'... and in a moment of inattention...'
I think that we could all agree that that is a certainty... Perhaps when 'Mr. P' is released from the Hospital and has had a chance to recover he could come here to Venomland and explain the context of his behaviour that resulted in a bite to his finger from a captive venomous snake? In doing so, 'Mr. P' might provide a valuable lesson to the younger generation of venomous snake keeping fellows here on the site. Sincerely, Jon Davidson .
Back to top Go down
Michael Khaja

Male

PostSubject: Re: Serious Snakebite in Upper Austria   Serious Snakebite in Upper Austria Icon_minitimeThu 27 Sep - 3:09

Hi all,
i talked to him yesterday. He thanks all of you for your recovery-greetings.
It was no freehandling etc. It happened during feeding his Eristicophis Macmahoni.
It was just a accident and nothing else!

Back to top Go down
Christian Hennemann
Christian Hennemann

Male

PostSubject: Re: Serious Snakebite in Upper Austria   Serious Snakebite in Upper Austria Icon_minitimeThu 27 Sep - 5:01

Hi

Thank you Michael for your explanation, I think I will not be misunderstood here. I am in regular contact with Mr P if anyone has questions they can ask me and I will be happy to discuss these issues with Mr P and then answer. Why not here Mr. P. is probably because of the administration .......

Best regards
Back to top Go down
Jon Davidson
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Jon Davidson

Male
Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2009-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Serious Snakebite in Upper Austria   Serious Snakebite in Upper Austria Icon_minitimeThu 27 Sep - 5:13

' I am in regular contact with Mr P if anyone has questions they can ask me and I will be happy to discuss these issues with Mr P and then answer. Why not here Mr. P. is probably because of the administration ....... '

One would think that 'Mr. P' would prefer to speak for himself, after he recovers, of course- and I would imagine that the administration here would give him that opportunity. However, I suppose that we can all understand how this individual would prefer to not speak directly about the incident. Sincerely, Jon Davidson .
Back to top Go down
Peter Zürcher
Admin
Admin
Peter Zürcher

Male
Number of posts : 1266
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Serious Snakebite in Upper Austria   Serious Snakebite in Upper Austria Icon_minitimeThu 27 Sep - 19:02

http://www.venom-paradise.at/bi%C3%9Funfall-16-09-2012-eristicopis-macmahoni/

"his dangerous hobby could cost an Upper Austrians life"

hopefully not - according to some postings here at least not in this case.
Back to top Go down
http://www.reptilienzoonockalm.at
Christian Hennemann
Christian Hennemann

Male

PostSubject: Re: Serious Snakebite in Upper Austria   Serious Snakebite in Upper Austria Icon_minitimeFri 28 Sep - 1:04

Hi Peter.

How can I interpret your last sentence? Understand him, unfortunately not what you mean?
Back to top Go down
Christian Hassmann

Male
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: serious snakebite in upper austria   Serious Snakebite in Upper Austria Icon_minitimeSat 29 Sep - 3:47

m.p may not mean anything because he is not a member on venomland

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Serious Snakebite in Upper Austria   Serious Snakebite in Upper Austria Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Serious Snakebite in Upper Austria
Page 1 of 1