VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

asking for condolence

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mario Schweiger
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Mario Schweiger

Male
Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2008-09-14

asking for condolence Empty
PostSubject: asking for condolence   asking for condolence Icon_minitimeFri 19 Sep - 14:55

Hello,

I have to tell the herper world, that one of the oldest Vipera ammodytes, born in captivity died before a few month.

asking for condolence AmmoMeridDamW_head
Picture done on April 20th, 2008

She was born by a wildcaught gravid female from the Larissa area, Greece in July 1979 and died at the beginning of July this year. So she gots nearly 29 years old.
May she have a good time in snake heaven!

Does anybody know of a Vipera ammodytes of same age or even older?

Mario
Back to top Go down
http://vipersgarden.at
Markus Gottlieb
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Markus Gottlieb

Male
Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: asking for condolence   asking for condolence Icon_minitimeFri 19 Sep - 15:36

Hi Mario,

On the one hand, it's sad, but on the other hand: wow, that's really old!
I can imagine that in the long time she was with you, she somehow was attached to your heart.

Rest in Peace, old snake mum

(I don't know any older ammodytes)

Greetings,
Markus
Back to top Go down
Rainer Fesser
Systematicus
Systematicus

Male
Number of posts : 565
Registration date : 2008-03-13

PostSubject: Re: asking for condolence   asking for condolence Icon_minitimeSat 20 Sep - 4:57

Hi Mario,
29 years is a really good age for V. amm. From my experience I would say, normal life expectancy is 15 - 20 years, I had several getting 25-28 years old, my oldest ones were 30 and 31 years old when they died. Their parents were from Montenegro.

In a place in Croatia I have been watching many V. amm. in front of their hibernation sites every year for 19 years now. Several males that I found there in 1989 as adults already (at least 5-6 years old), were still there in April 2008 and they still were very active and in really good condition. I´ll see how old they may get in nature.

By the way Mario, welcome to the forum,
Rainer
Back to top Go down
Mario Lutz
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Mario Lutz

Male
Number of posts : 1416
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: asking for condolence   asking for condolence Icon_minitimeSat 20 Sep - 11:00

well... its a shame to loose a long friend..
i have only one V.ammodytes here. she is now 5 years old and very very healthy. i hope, she will reach the same age as yours.

by the way, awesome shoot !

cheers
Mario
Back to top Go down
http://www.venomland.org
Mario Schweiger
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Mario Schweiger

Male

PostSubject: Re: asking for condolence   asking for condolence Icon_minitimeMon 22 Sep - 21:05

well, let´s see!
her brother (they had more than 100 very well doing babies together) is still in best condition!
Maybe he will break Rainer´s record of 31 years!

Mario
Back to top Go down
Rainer Fesser
Systematicus
Systematicus

Male
Number of posts : 565
Registration date : 2008-03-13

PostSubject: Re: asking for condolence   asking for condolence Icon_minitimeMon 22 Sep - 21:50

Hi Mario,
would be fine, if he would get even older.
I don´t see that as my record, it belongs to the animals.

I wish you to have him for a long time in healthy condition, maybe even with future offspring.

Regards,
Rainer.
Back to top Go down
Mario Schweiger
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Mario Schweiger

Male

PostSubject: Re: asking for condolence   asking for condolence Icon_minitimeMon 22 Sep - 22:07

Hello Rainer,

yes, these are your vipers records. Razz

Keeping them for 31 years, we guess, you may be some days older Laughing Laughing

Mario
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: asking for condolence   asking for condolence Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

asking for condolence
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VenomLand :: Off Topic :: curiosities-
Jump to: