VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

My animals

Go down 
+2
Rafał Broński
Andrej Dojem
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Andrej Dojem

Male
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2012-10-24

My animals Empty
PostSubject: My animals   My animals Icon_minitimeSat 22 Dec - 6:25

Hi! Some of my snakes

My animals IMG_7022

My animals IMG_7013

My animals IMG_6176

I hope you like it.

BR, Andrej
Back to top Go down
Rafał Broński
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Rafał Broński

Male
Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2011-12-11

My animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: My animals   My animals Icon_minitimeMon 22 Apr - 1:56

Beautiful snakes. It Purpureomaculatus ?. What location ?
Back to top Go down
Andrej Dojem

Male

My animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: My animals   My animals Icon_minitimeTue 23 Apr - 14:46

Hi,
male - purpureomaculatus x albolabris
female - (purpureomaculatus x albolabris) x stejnegeri

BR, Andrej
Back to top Go down
Peter Zürcher
Admin
Admin
Peter Zürcher

Male
Number of posts : 1266
Registration date : 2008-03-06

My animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: My animals   My animals Icon_minitimeTue 23 Apr - 15:27

Quote :
male - purpureomaculatus x albolabris
female - (purpureomaculatus x albolabris) x stejnegeri

Horrible!
Back to top Go down
http://www.reptilienzoonockalm.at
Andrej Dojem

Male

My animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: My animals   My animals Icon_minitimeTue 23 Apr - 20:09

Peter Zürcher wrote:

Horrible!

Why?Sad
Back to top Go down
Peter Zürcher
Admin
Admin
Peter Zürcher

Male
Number of posts : 1266
Registration date : 2008-03-06

My animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: My animals   My animals Icon_minitimeTue 23 Apr - 21:30

Why?
Just because there is no valuable reason to mix two or even three different species, but a whole bunch of reasons not to do it.
Thumbs down!
Back to top Go down
http://www.reptilienzoonockalm.at
Rafał Broński
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Rafał Broński

Male
Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2011-12-11

My animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: My animals   My animals Icon_minitimeTue 23 Apr - 21:54

That's what I think Peter. I would not mix well, especially since it Purpureomaculatus. But this decision breeder, I know I would not do, even though they are not ugly.
Back to top Go down
Nej Palaganas
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Nej Palaganas

Male
Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2013-01-08

My animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: My animals   My animals Icon_minitimeWed 24 Apr - 17:09

it's a hybrid so that's why it looks familiar to a stejnegeri Very Happy

cool snakes.
Back to top Go down
Peter van Issem
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Peter van Issem

Male
Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2009-03-08

My animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: My animals   My animals Icon_minitimeWed 24 Apr - 19:20

This hybrid looks like it it, but never close to an stejnegeri or one of the Viridivipera group.
Such crossinfs are knky from intress for suentific reasons. But what can bring this for
hobbyist keepers? A ,, new'' form? There are nit enought jn nature?
Wgen a gravied WC brings this, it will from intress, but by make by human?
I see such practuse us dobe very often by keepers and ,,breeders'' of ratsnakes abd Phytons, but only wuth an finance backround. One of the reasons, why I like keeping venomous snskes was - that there wasn't such sh... Things changed....

BTW: I can't belive that there was a 2nd crissing with a 3th species.
T. albolabris and T. purpureonaculatus chare the same hemipenis chape and strukture.
V. stejnegeri has an complete differend strukture! How this works?
I ghink that your ,,stejnegeri'' was a member of the albolabris group too.
Back to top Go down
Andrej Dojem

Male

My animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: My animals   My animals Icon_minitimeWed 24 Apr - 22:40

Hi. First of all: I do not create these hybrids and I've never created any. They were together only for photo purpose. I bought hybrids but someone create them and this doesn't mean they do not deserve life and good conditions. Should I kill them?!

To the point: what it means for breeders and hobbyists? From a practical point of view none. Besides they are hybrids, have different colouration and behaviour, nothing more. Maybe breeders make them from their own curiosity? It doesn't matter people create hybrids with financial motives or only for visual experience - this is the same interference with nature.

The shape really resemble genus Cryptelytrops. But you can explain the fact that from breeding purpureomaculatus x stejnegeri (according to you - albolabris) we got brown specimens with characteristic stejnegeri-head? From breeding hybrid x hybrid involving stejnegeri we have green and brown snakes in one litter! How does it happen? I suggest: you should try. If you think you cannot mix albolabris x stejnegeri, you really should try. In the end you will lose nothing, because it "cannot be". There cases I've seen with my own eyes at my friend's home. He created these two from the photos, too.

I don't want to be a BAD GUY cause I have hybrids.
BR, Andrej
Back to top Go down
Peter van Issem
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Peter van Issem

Male
Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2009-03-08

My animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: My animals   My animals Icon_minitimeThu 25 Apr - 5:00

Hi Andrej,

I stay at my point - there are NO reasons to produce such hybrids! When we not respect the nature and create what ever we want, than we are on the wrong way. When such hybrids came along in nature, the will find there gap or die. In my opinion we have not to play ,,god´´ and create our own wold, only when we think it will be ok, intresting or nice.

You think to create hybrids for finalcial or visual effects are the same - yes I agree both is not essential! Keepers of animals, not only reptiles has to take care and protect of the animals they keep, not to play ,,god´´. Such hybrids can enter the market very fast, people ,,forget´´ mabye what it was what they bought and than a lot of s.... will enter no expericesed keepers. Can be....and happend each year.

Take a look in some of our forum section where you will find a lot ,,please help to ID my...´´ You will find some very starnge looking snakes. For example - A. contortrix ssp. and bilineatus.

I have keeped a very long time exclusivly european vipers. One of the facts that I have like very very much was - that the majority of this kepers hold on to keep and breed there lines very clean. And when I mean clean it is clean. They has keeped not only the same species with members of the same, not only the same ssp. with only the same ssp. No, they has keeped only the sankes together from a single population! No mixes at all! Thats what I call clean and responsible. Ok, we can´t doe this for all species, it is a differend to buy some vipers from an import from central Africa or snakes from private breeders they can follow there way back for generations. But we have to doe our best, or not?

Now I keep a lot of asian pitvipers, and this snakes are very colorfull and intresting in there natural behaviour. There are so much differend species, why to mix this? No partner for the single albolabris? Or for the purpureomaculatus? No matter, wait and breed lalter.
No coustomers for the albolabris or purpureomaculatus? Don´t breed.

You are not a realy bad guy, but with each hybrid you will buy you support this unneeded breeding.

To your last point - there are no characteristics of stejnergeri. I has no Idee where you will see this?!

Typical is 1st: a divided nasal Plate (in Sinovipera, Popeia and Viridovipera) not divided in (Trimeresurus, fomerly known as Cryptelytrops)

Head shape, eye shape and Canthus rostralis are typical for the albolabris group! Where are the stejnegeri? I see ,,typical´´ albolabris x purpureomaculatus crossings.

You wrote try and try, but I will never try to produce a hybrid. No reason. But one more.
Here in my hometown was a keeper that has had similar attitude about the hybrids like you.
He ,,try´´ to produce hybrids with V. vogeli x T. purpureomaculatus - nothing happends over years. Thanks for this....It was in the 90s and we all has not such knowledge about the differend Groups like today. All was only ,,Trimeresurus´´ no Protobothrops, no Ovophis and and....

A last point for today - In my poinion it will be not a good Idee to cross venomous snakes at all, I´m not an toxicologist so I have not sientific backround of this, but what will be happend with the venoum of such snakes? Mutation possible? Reactions known?

When I ever creata a ,,new´´ snakes it will be only with Photoshop, not in my terrarians.

regards,

Peter
Back to top Go down
Niklas Johnsson
Niklas Johnsson

Male
Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2012-03-20

My animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: My animals   My animals Icon_minitimeThu 25 Apr - 6:31

What will you tell the doctors if you get bitten my friend? I dont know these species and anti-venom etc but im guessing these havr one hell off a cocktail?

Regards Niklas
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: My animals   My animals Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My animals
Page 1 of 1