VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Rattlesnake Republic Petition

Go down 
+2
Frank Manda
Lee Reeve
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Lee Reeve
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Lee Reeve

Male
Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2012-04-29

Rattlesnake Republic Petition Empty
PostSubject: Rattlesnake Republic Petition   Rattlesnake Republic Petition Icon_minitimeWed 9 Jan - 22:10

Tweeted by Austin Stevens and many others.

"Thanks to my Facebook follower Samir Shoofi for bringing to my attention the petition regarding 'Rattlesnake Republic' Please add your names

Animal Planet: Stop glorifying animal cruelty with your program 'Rattlesnake Republic'

The killing of seals or dolphins brings international outcry; however, reptiles are slaughtered on TV for entertainment! This has to stop!"

http://www.change.org/petitions/animal-planet-stop-glorifying-animal-cruelty-with-your-program-rattlesnake-republic?utm_campaign=action_box&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=share_petition

Hope this is in the correct place.
Back to top Go down
Frank Manda
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Frank Manda

Male
Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2012-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Rattlesnake Republic Petition   Rattlesnake Republic Petition Icon_minitimeWed 9 Jan - 23:11

Thanks for the link Lee. We also need to flood Animal Planet with emails letting them know just how disgusting this program is. Just remember to be polite, don't use profanity, and spell correctly. I sent an email recently vowing to stop watching any channel affiliated with the Discovery Channel and do everything I possibly can to get others to do the same. We need to hold their feet to the fire on this one people. I also emailed the program director of AP suggesting that if they will not completely shut down "Rattlesnake Republic", they need to at least show the other end of the spectrum and follow the good people that are fighting to get rattlesnake roundups banned and explain why many people view roundups as a negative thing. As of now they do nothing but glorify the absolute slaughter of thousands of rattlesnakes by a group of rednecks and promote the already negative reputation that snakes have. Steve Irwin would be spinning in his grave if he knew what direction Animal Planet has gone.
here are some Email addresses of some of the program directors and "higher ups" at the Discovery Channel:
Keith_Hoffman@discovery.com
Jason_Carey@discovery.com
Shannon_Erb@discovery.com
Patricia_Kollappallil@discovery.com
Back to top Go down
Joel Power
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Joel Power

Male
Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2011-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Rattlesnake Republic Petition   Rattlesnake Republic Petition Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jan - 12:58

Animal Planet.....I hate them as much as I do PETA....which over looks reptiles all the time.
Back to top Go down
Jon Davidson
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Jon Davidson

Male
Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2009-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Rattlesnake Republic Petition   Rattlesnake Republic Petition Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jan - 22:37

Joel Power wrote:
Animal Planet.....I hate them as much as I do PETA....which over looks reptiles all the time.
I don't know about that... Some folks at PETA have written a couple of compelling articles about how live reptiles are collected, shipped, housed and kept by some of the more seedy wholesale pet reptile operations and how live reptiles- snakes in particular- are kept in tiny, sterile plastic 'shoe boxes' by some private collectors. A 'google' search should provide those articles. I signed the petition, but I have little faith that Discovery Channel or Animal Planet will change their programing anytime soon... Historically, reptiles have always been used to titillate the general public. Steve Irwin being a good example of that. Change has to start somewhere, though... Thank you for posting the link, Mr. Reeve. Sincerely, Jon Davidson .
Back to top Go down
Nicholas Meador
Nicholas Meador

Male
Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Rattlesnake Republic Petition   Rattlesnake Republic Petition Icon_minitimeTue 29 Jan - 10:58

I loathe Animal Planet and its asinine productions.
Shock sensationalism and barbarism at its worst.
Disgusting and absolutely vile propaganda.
Back to top Go down
Dillon Haining
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Dillon Haining

Male
Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2012-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Rattlesnake Republic Petition   Rattlesnake Republic Petition Icon_minitimeTue 29 Jan - 13:20

I agree with Nicholas in regards to Animal Planet. One of their worst propoganda tools in my opinion is the show "Fatal Attractions". Dean Ripa wrote a great article (which I will post a link to below) on his experience dealing with these "ambulance chasers".

http://www.capefearserpentarium.com/Fatalattractions.pdf

Sorry to take this off topic.. Now to Rattlesnake Republic. I find that this is just a simplistic way to keep the masses scared. They depict these animals as evil, killing machines and that they (the people) are doing everyone a favour by killing them off when in actuality these snakes help keep mice and rat populations down. I will try and find the link to a study I had read about which graphed the rat/mice population in areas where these round-ups have occured.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rattlesnake Republic Petition   Rattlesnake Republic Petition Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rattlesnake Republic Petition
Page 1 of 1