VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

My C.ceraste,and come with new question.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Liang Guo
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2012-12-15

My C.ceraste,and come with new question. Empty
PostSubject: My C.ceraste,and come with new question.   My C.ceraste,and come with new question. Icon_minitimeSun 13 Jan - 23:52

My C.ceraste was arrived for 2 weeks. It's a male(the retailer said),healthy(looks like:),and grace. Its daring is more than I imagined,it dont fear me and would go toward me when I saw it through the terriarium. So that I doubt if it's WC as I considered,haha...and it received suckling rat from my tweezer.

But my questions came with its feeding:Do you think snakes have the capacity to clean the substrate which adhering in their mouths? I means,after the foods gone into their stomachs left the sundries in their mouths,how can they clean their mouths by themselves? They dont have wide tongues and spittle!
My C.ceraste,and come with new question. 110

My C.ceraste,and come with new question. 210

My C.ceraste,and come with new question. 310
Back to top Go down
Peter van Issem
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Peter van Issem

Male
Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: My C.ceraste,and come with new question.   My C.ceraste,and come with new question. Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jan - 3:27

Yes Guo,

they have! Then when not, all snakes will die when they got dirt in there mouth. It is absolute normal, that dirt or sand comes into the mouth of a snake. In nature it is happend like in our vivarians. BUT! In our Vivarians are a lot more of Bacterians than in nature. The reason is the smal space where snbakes have to live in a Terrarium! So a clean place is very important. For example: In nature the sun is a natural desinfection medium, the UV rays kills a lot of the bacterians. In our terrariums not! We have to doe this.
You will never seen that they clean there self like Geckos do this!
Sometimes when snakes hunt for pray, the don´t hit the mouse and bite into the substrate, what will be happend when they can´t clean there moughts!?
When this will be happend, have a look one hour later into the mought, it will be clean!
Here last week it was happend by my Bitis rhinoceros, the rat jump away when the snake strike to it. The snake bite into the ground, and the mought was full of soil - short time later, it was clean.... One hour later the rat was into my snake...nothing happend with the dirt.
Back to top Go down
Liang Guo
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male

PostSubject: Re: My C.ceraste,and come with new question.   My C.ceraste,and come with new question. Icon_minitimeWed 16 Jan - 20:46

Peter van Issem wrote:
Yes Guo,

they have! Then when not, all snakes will die when they got dirt in there mouth. It is absolute normal, that dirt or sand comes into the mouth of a snake. In nature it is happend like in our vivarians. BUT! In our Vivarians are a lot more of Bacterians than in nature. The reason is the smal space where snbakes have to live in a Terrarium! So a clean place is very important. For example: In nature the sun is a natural desinfection medium, the UV rays kills a lot of the bacterians. In our terrariums not! We have to doe this.

Thank you ,I don't worry about that now. I think the environment disinfecting is important. How do you disinfect that? By UV lamp or some kinds of disinfectant fluid?
Back to top Go down
Peter van Issem
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Peter van Issem

Male
Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: My C.ceraste,and come with new question.   My C.ceraste,and come with new question. Icon_minitimeThu 17 Jan - 1:54

Hi,
I don´t desinfect them wile there are in use. I clean as normaly and when my snakes are in hibernation, I waste the old ground and put new inside! Thats all.
Back to top Go down
Daniel Quinton
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2012-07-15

PostSubject: Re: My C.ceraste,and come with new question.   My C.ceraste,and come with new question. Icon_minitimeSat 19 Jan - 10:36

I have a 1.1 C. cerastes, and have found using crushed walnut as a substrate works great. It is harmless if they ingest it, and it doesnt hold humidity when it gets wet. That it looks just like dark sand is a bonus, and the snakes seem to enjoy burrowing in it. I also use it as substrate for my 1.1 A. lubricus, my 1.0 A. cowlesi and my 0.1 A. scutatus.
Back to top Go down
Liang Guo
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male

PostSubject: Re: My C.ceraste,and come with new question.   My C.ceraste,and come with new question. Icon_minitimeTue 22 Jan - 23:24

Daniel Quinton wrote:
I have a 1.1 C. cerastes, and have found using crushed walnut as a substrate works great. It is harmless if they ingest it, and it doesnt hold humidity when it gets wet. That it looks just like dark sand is a bonus, and the snakes seem to enjoy burrowing in it. I also use it as substrate for my 1.1 A. lubricus, my 1.0 A. cowlesi and my 0.1 A. scutatus.

Thank you. I used crushed oak mixing with sand for 2weeks.It works well...
Back to top Go down
Liang Guo
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male

PostSubject: Re: My C.ceraste,and come with new question.   My C.ceraste,and come with new question. Icon_minitimeMon 25 Mar - 21:38

Hello everyone I brought some new photos of my c.ceraste.looking like a tiny dragon,right?

I fed it a baby rat which size twice as its head every week,but in the past month it only ac
accepted one,seems appetite was not well as before.I dont know why...Did I feed it too much frequently before? maybe I will try lizards for it.
What is its period of feeding in wild?And what is its staple food in wild?

My C.ceraste,and come with new question. 110
My C.ceraste,and come with new question. 210
My C.ceraste,and come with new question. 310
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My C.ceraste,and come with new question.   My C.ceraste,and come with new question. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My C.ceraste,and come with new question.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VenomLand :: Viperidae :: Cerastes & Pseudocerastes-
Jump to: