VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Phyton molurus try to swallow keepers head

Go down 
+2
Mario Lutz
Karsten Hoer
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Karsten Hoer
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Karsten Hoer

Male
Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Phyton molurus try to swallow keepers head Empty
PostSubject: Phyton molurus try to swallow keepers head   Phyton molurus try to swallow keepers head Icon_minitimeMon 6 Oct - 13:21

Hello,

here is another wonderful herpstory. A phyton molurus try to swallow the head of his keeper during maintanacework in the cage.

http://www.bild.de/BILD/news/vermischtes/2008/10/06/python-will-kopf/von-pflegerin-verschlucken.html

Like always only a verry scary storry.
Back to top Go down
http://www.karstenhoer.de
Mario Lutz
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Mario Lutz

Male
Number of posts : 1416
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Phyton molurus try to swallow keepers head   Phyton molurus try to swallow keepers head Icon_minitimeMon 6 Oct - 15:31

i love Bild...

stupid stories for stupid folks...

cheers
Mario
Back to top Go down
http://www.venomland.org
Guenter Leitenbauer
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Guenter Leitenbauer

Male
Number of posts : 1389
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Phyton molurus try to swallow keepers head   Phyton molurus try to swallow keepers head Icon_minitimeMon 6 Oct - 17:14

We photographers often work with P. molurus (usually the albino form) and models.
I always thought molurus is calm ... well, I'll think twice in the future before I'll plan such a shooting.
Back to top Go down
http://www.leitenbauer.net
Peter Zürcher
Admin
Admin
Peter Zürcher

Male
Number of posts : 1266

PostSubject: Re: Phyton molurus try to swallow keepers head   Phyton molurus try to swallow keepers head Icon_minitimeMon 6 Oct - 17:46

Renate Kisser, co-owner of the reptile zoo, was bitten in the face, and the snake held on its bite, until it was removed by others.
These are the facts.
BILD and other "funny" papers have created a story about a hungry snake trying to swallow it's caretaker, just as usual.
I've been bitten by a juvenile corn snake 5 minutes ago; should i call the newspapers? Very Happy
Peter
Back to top Go down
http://www.reptilienzoonockalm.at
Rainer Fesser
Systematicus
Systematicus

Male
Number of posts : 565
Registration date : 2008-03-13

PostSubject: Re: Phyton molurus try to swallow keepers head   Phyton molurus try to swallow keepers head Icon_minitimeTue 7 Oct - 1:48

Hi Peter,
defenitely you should! And then call the doctor to give the newspapers a better story. But be sure to get a sufficient salary for your cooperation for that story.

Rainer
Back to top Go down
Peter Zürcher
Admin
Admin
Peter Zürcher

Male
Number of posts : 1266

PostSubject: Re: Phyton molurus try to swallow keepers head   Phyton molurus try to swallow keepers head Icon_minitimeTue 7 Oct - 5:04

Hi Rainer
sufficient salary sounds somehow familiar to me Laughing

Hope you had a good trip back home yesterday.

Peter
Back to top Go down
http://www.reptilienzoonockalm.at
Karsten Hoer
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Karsten Hoer

Male
Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2008-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Phyton molurus try to swallow keepers head   Phyton molurus try to swallow keepers head Icon_minitimeTue 7 Oct - 11:03

The bad thing is, only these storys are read by the public.

The big S sells.

Sex and snakes.

Newspapers and magazins like this are one of our enemies.

Sad but true !!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.karstenhoer.de
Guenter Leitenbauer
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Guenter Leitenbauer

Male

PostSubject: Re: Phyton molurus try to swallow keepers head   Phyton molurus try to swallow keepers head Icon_minitimeTue 7 Oct - 17:29

Here's the BILD or SUN version of Peter's incident (I do not know more than Peter wrote above but Journalists in fact do not need to know much to write a story ...):

Nearly fatal snakebite in Austria!
The owner of a Carinthian reptile zoo was biten from an extremely dangerous corn snake yesterday. The snake, well known for its aggressiveness, caught him when he was trying to feed it with a young pig. The victim said that he had no chance to avoid the bite because it came like a lightning, not just catching the little pig but also his left hand in just one bite. Luckily the venom fangs of the deadly snake hit just the pig and not his arm. Four people hat to open the mouth of the snake to allow the victim to draw out his arm. He survived with just little injuries what can be called a miracle taking into account that this snake is responsible for hundreds of fatal incidents per year in south africa.

(Reported by Conny Betrue)
Back to top Go down
Andrew Hacket
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Andrew Hacket

Male
Number of posts : 448
Registration date : 2008-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Phyton molurus try to swallow keepers head   Phyton molurus try to swallow keepers head Icon_minitimeThu 9 Oct - 4:34

lol @ Guenter
Back to top Go down
Mario Lutz
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Mario Lutz

Male
Number of posts : 1416

PostSubject: Re: Phyton molurus try to swallow keepers head   Phyton molurus try to swallow keepers head Icon_minitimeThu 9 Oct - 10:17

Guenter Leitenbauer wrote:
Here's the BILD or SUN version of Peter's incident (I do not know more than Peter wrote above but Journalists in fact do not need to know much to write a story ...):

Nearly fatal snakebite in Austria!
The owner of a Carinthian reptile zoo was biten from an extremely dangerous corn snake yesterday. The snake, well known for its aggressiveness, caught him when he was trying to feed it with a young pig. The victim said that he had no chance to avoid the bite because it came like a lightning, not just catching the little pig but also his left hand in just one bite. Luckily the venom fangs of the deadly snake hit just the pig and not his arm. Four people hat to open the mouth of the snake to allow the victim to draw out his arm. He survived with just little injuries what can be called a miracle taking into account that this snake is responsible for hundreds of fatal incidents per year in south africa.

(Reported by Conny Betrue)

damned!
is actually such a lot of stupidity allowed?
unbelievable... i am tired to laugh about Sh.. like this already...

how stupid is the community who ready that Bild anyway? if they sale only to nutcases their newspaper, than there are a lot of fools in germany, compared on the sales numbers of that paper..

M.
Back to top Go down
http://www.venomland.org
Guenter Leitenbauer
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Guenter Leitenbauer

Male

PostSubject: Re: Phyton molurus try to swallow keepers head   Phyton molurus try to swallow keepers head Icon_minitimeThu 9 Oct - 14:10

Mario ... that was a joke! Very Happy
A "could be" story.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Phyton molurus try to swallow keepers head   Phyton molurus try to swallow keepers head Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Phyton molurus try to swallow keepers head
Page 1 of 1