VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

how long does it take after the breeding of a cerastes cerastes to lay eggs ?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Vasil Botev
Vasil Botev

Male
Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2013-05-21

how long does it take after the breeding of a cerastes cerastes to lay eggs ? Empty
PostSubject: how long does it take after the breeding of a cerastes cerastes to lay eggs ?   how long does it take after the breeding of a cerastes cerastes to lay eggs ? Icon_minitimeTue 16 Jul - 16:44

Back to top Go down
Peter van Issem
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Peter van Issem

Male
Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2009-03-08

how long does it take after the breeding of a cerastes cerastes to lay eggs ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: how long does it take after the breeding of a cerastes cerastes to lay eggs ?   how long does it take after the breeding of a cerastes cerastes to lay eggs ? Icon_minitimeTue 16 Jul - 17:11

around 60 to 70 days. Depend on temp and condition of the femake, mabye akso on the no of eggs and size.
Back to top Go down
Vasil Botev
Vasil Botev

Male

PostSubject: Re: how long does it take after the breeding of a cerastes cerastes to lay eggs ?   how long does it take after the breeding of a cerastes cerastes to lay eggs ? Icon_minitimeTue 16 Jul - 18:21

what temperature and humidity should they be incubated ?
za inkubaciqta me pitash nali ?
Back to top Go down
Peter van Issem
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Peter van Issem

Male

PostSubject: Re: how long does it take after the breeding of a cerastes cerastes to lay eggs ?   how long does it take after the breeding of a cerastes cerastes to lay eggs ? Icon_minitimeTue 16 Jul - 18:28

I incubate with 28`C and night dropping of 3`
I use Vermiculite to incubate, Air humidity us near 90%
Substrate???? It's a ,, feeling'' but not to moist. I use a plant sprayer to moist the
vermiculite, thats all. When it lups together, than its enought moisture.
Back to top Go down
Vasil Botev
Vasil Botev

Male

PostSubject: Re: how long does it take after the breeding of a cerastes cerastes to lay eggs ?   how long does it take after the breeding of a cerastes cerastes to lay eggs ? Icon_minitimeTue 16 Jul - 19:55

if i incubate the eggs at 28`C how long until the eggs hatch ?
Back to top Go down
Peter van Issem
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Peter van Issem

Male

PostSubject: Re: how long does it take after the breeding of a cerastes cerastes to lay eggs ?   how long does it take after the breeding of a cerastes cerastes to lay eggs ? Icon_minitimeTue 16 Jul - 20:16

I have to check ny notices about that. But whem I'm right
about 40-50 days. I'm not 100% sure yet.
Did you checked the Cerastes section? Maybe there are some infirmations too?
When I can find my paperwork about times of incubation , I will post here later.
Back to top Go down
Vasil Botev
Vasil Botev

Male

PostSubject: Re: how long does it take after the breeding of a cerastes cerastes to lay eggs ?   how long does it take after the breeding of a cerastes cerastes to lay eggs ? Icon_minitimeWed 17 Jul - 3:12

i have read in a book that 45 days after the mating they lay eggs ,is that true ?
Back to top Go down
Peter van Issem
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Peter van Issem

Male

PostSubject: Re: how long does it take after the breeding of a cerastes cerastes to lay eggs ?   how long does it take after the breeding of a cerastes cerastes to lay eggs ? Icon_minitimeWed 17 Jul - 4:16

Vasil,

I don't know wich book you mean.
I don't know the source it was.

But - why not? I wrote only my personal experiences.
Mabye there are others that have other exp.!
All is not a law, because there are so much factors that can
have an influence to this.: Age and size of the female,
altitude if the origin if the female, ssp., country if origin and and....
And last but not least - mabye there was a matung before the observed mating!?
An example of an other soecies: I have breed M. lebetina obtusa, my female lay eggs after 55 days, than a friend told me, that his female drops her eggs after 45 days.
My juv. hatched after 58 days his after 45. Why?
Ok, he incubate by 30'C and I at 28'C.

The best will be to make self experiences.

Look at the female, normaly short time before laying eggs it will shed onectime.
Here I've observe that this is mostly 2 Weeks before.
Back to top Go down
Vasil Botev
Vasil Botev

Male

PostSubject: Re: how long does it take after the breeding of a cerastes cerastes to lay eggs ?   how long does it take after the breeding of a cerastes cerastes to lay eggs ? Icon_minitimeSat 20 Jul - 2:20

Hello, today i was told by du6an that the female is gravid about 3 months after the mating and that the eggs hatch out at 30-32C and that the babies come out at the 40-43th day
Back to top Go down
Vasil Botev
Vasil Botev

Male

PostSubject: Re: how long does it take after the breeding of a cerastes cerastes to lay eggs ?   how long does it take after the breeding of a cerastes cerastes to lay eggs ? Icon_minitimeMon 22 Jul - 18:30

from mating to laying eggs how long does it take ?
Back to top Go down
Alessandro Lazzarini

Male
Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2009-12-06

PostSubject: Re: how long does it take after the breeding of a cerastes cerastes to lay eggs ?   how long does it take after the breeding of a cerastes cerastes to lay eggs ? Icon_minitimeMon 22 Jul - 21:01

Hi,
In my experience, after mating it takes 60 to 70 days, and about 50 to 60 eggs hatch, the last 4 years my pair of Cerastes has always produced, the record was 35 eggs and 3 slugs!
As for the temperature, again for my personal experience, I prefer not superae the 28/29 ° C, in my opinion 30/32 ° C is too high, you know though living in the desert does not lay eggs in the sun Smile
Best Regards
Ale
Back to top Go down
Vasil Botev
Vasil Botev

Male

PostSubject: Re: how long does it take after the breeding of a cerastes cerastes to lay eggs ?   how long does it take after the breeding of a cerastes cerastes to lay eggs ? Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jul - 2:25

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how long does it take after the breeding of a cerastes cerastes to lay eggs ?   how long does it take after the breeding of a cerastes cerastes to lay eggs ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VenomLand :: Viperidae :: Cerastes & Pseudocerastes-
Jump to: