VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Hemachatus haemachatus - Kwazulu Natal Interior Locality

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rian Viljoen

Male
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2013-08-03

Hemachatus haemachatus - Kwazulu Natal Interior Locality Empty
PostSubject: Hemachatus haemachatus - Kwazulu Natal Interior Locality   Hemachatus haemachatus - Kwazulu Natal Interior Locality Icon_minitimeSat 10 Aug - 15:57

Well, here are some pics of the two rinkhals that are currently in my possession.  The bigger one is nearly 2 years old, and the smaller one is probably round 6 months to a year old. They are wonderful to work with, have calmed down considerably, and rarely hood, and never spit any more.  They are also major garbage bins when it comes to feeding time. All these rinkhals originate from within 20km of each other.

Without further ado, here are the pics :

First the older female:

When she first arrived
Hemachatus haemachatus - Kwazulu Natal Interior Locality Poseforme

Hooding
Hemachatus haemachatus - Kwazulu Natal Interior Locality Closeupsideprofile

Rear of hood
Hemachatus haemachatus - Kwazulu Natal Interior Locality 74e74932

At about 1 year old
Hemachatus haemachatus - Kwazulu Natal Interior Locality Rinkhals1

Belly shot
Hemachatus haemachatus - Kwazulu Natal Interior Locality Rinkhalsunderside

Earlier this year
Hemachatus haemachatus - Kwazulu Natal Interior Locality R2012_zpsd9299e32

Last feeding
Hemachatus haemachatus - Kwazulu Natal Interior Locality Utf-8BUmluayAxIENob3dpbmcuSlBH_zps943f8a48

The young female:

When she first arrived
Hemachatus haemachatus - Kwazulu Natal Interior Locality BabyRink_zps3a3e8bad

Posing
Hemachatus haemachatus - Kwazulu Natal Interior Locality Utf-8BUjIuSlBH_zpsd935dfcd

Tired of posing
Hemachatus haemachatus - Kwazulu Natal Interior Locality Utf-8BUjEuSlBH_zps93574e6d

Full body shot
Hemachatus haemachatus - Kwazulu Natal Interior Locality Utf-8BUjEgQ2xlYW5pbmcuSlBH_zps6d6ef23c

Pounding f/t pinks and small fuzzies (note the fang just visible)
Hemachatus haemachatus - Kwazulu Natal Interior Locality R2Chowing_zpscb7c5e6d

And just for the heck of it, here is a photo of one that I found during work, while on a call-out.  It was sunning itself on a tar road at about mid-day(mid-winter), and was safely relocated into nearby bushes.
Hemachatus haemachatus - Kwazulu Natal Interior Locality Yellowrink1_zps9b37c23b

Enjoy!

Last edited by Rian Viljoen on Sat 10 Aug - 16:36; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling error in title)
Back to top Go down
Rian Viljoen

Male
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2013-08-03

Hemachatus haemachatus - Kwazulu Natal Interior Locality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hemachatus haemachatus - Kwazulu Natal Interior Locality   Hemachatus haemachatus - Kwazulu Natal Interior Locality Icon_minitimeThu 15 Aug - 21:38

Well the juvenile rinkhals shed for the first time with me yesterday, and while cleaning out the enclosure, I snapped a shot of what she looks like post-shed.

Hemachatus haemachatus - Kwazulu Natal Interior Locality BabyRink1stshed_zps4dd04fe1
Back to top Go down

Hemachatus haemachatus - Kwazulu Natal Interior Locality
Page 1 of 1