VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Protobothrops cornutus

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Paul Lambourne

Male
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2013-09-02

Protobothrops cornutus Empty
PostSubject: Protobothrops cornutus   Protobothrops cornutus Icon_minitimeThu 27 Mar - 0:30

Hi,

I am new to the forum, and though I would post some pics of some of my snakes.. so here are some of my favourites in my collection, the stunning,and relatively rare P.cornutus.. I have five of these fiesty little beauties..any body else in the UK keeping them? I am after more males Very Happy

Protobothrops cornutus <a href=Protobothrops cornutus Cornut14" />

Protobothrops cornutus <a href=Protobothrops cornutus Amall210" />

Protobothrops cornutus <a href=Protobothrops cornutus Img_8910" />

Cheers Paul
Back to top Go down
Dylan van den Berg
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Dylan van den Berg

Male
Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2013-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Protobothrops cornutus   Protobothrops cornutus Icon_minitimeThu 27 Mar - 2:17

beautiful snake , thanks for sharing  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
mark craddock
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
mark craddock

Male
Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2009-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Protobothrops cornutus   Protobothrops cornutus Icon_minitimeThu 27 Mar - 22:28

Paul Lambourne wrote:
Hi,

I am new to the forum, and though I would post some pics of some of my snakes.. so here are some of my favourites in my collection, the stunning,and relatively rare P.cornutus.. I have five of these fiesty little beauties..any body else in the UK keeping them? I am after more males Very Happy

Protobothrops cornutus <a href=Protobothrops cornutus Cornut14" />

Protobothrops cornutus <a href=Protobothrops cornutus Amall210" />

Protobothrops cornutus <a href=Protobothrops cornutus Img_8910" />

Cheers Paul
You must be the only one in the UK with these Paul. I didn't think anyone would have had them here. They're not particularly popular in the hobby and quite rarely seen for sale. There was a table in the Houten show with a couple on last year.
Back to top Go down
Peter van Issem
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Peter van Issem

Male
Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Protobothrops cornutus   Protobothrops cornutus Icon_minitimeFri 28 Mar - 2:06

Hi Paul,

nice cornutus you have. I give away nearly all my pivipers and went back to middle east and european vipers. But a very good friend of mine has breed them two years ago and give me all the offsprings. This was 5,1 . When I start to sell and swap my pitvipers I give him back this ones for his collection.
I will aske him, if there are sine males for left now.
I send you a PM with the result.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Protobothrops cornutus   Protobothrops cornutus Icon_minitimeFri 28 Mar - 4:20

Peter, may i ask what changed so you gave all the pitvipers away and switched to old world vipers?
Back to top Go down
Peter van Issem
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Peter van Issem

Male

PostSubject: Re: Protobothrops cornutus   Protobothrops cornutus Icon_minitimeFri 28 Mar - 5:01

@Niko: I Start in the very past with european vipers,  my First venomous was a Vipera aspis, I'll kept this snakes more than 25 years.
            Between the european I has had several others too, Najas, Bitis, Bungarus etc. but the,, vipers'' was. My,, First love''.
            Than I want to Start something new:,, nice Terrarians with a lot of living Plants and so on. But I understimate the time to take care of such a projekt. sometimes I have feel more like a gardener :-S
An other fact was, that a lot If the ofsorings from smal asian pitvipers are very gard to bring tovfeed on mices. i was planing to breed frogs, but I Do Not finnis this Projekt too. also depending on ned of time.
It isn' t a Problem to feed 10 Offsprings with parts of mices. But When you have more than 50 at the Same time....very. Unfruitful
I make It short - this are Not my Group of snakes that I will work a lot with. I still have some. but bot a lot.
Now I have much more time for my snakes, and feel better with them. Time management is much easyer!
And last but not least - I have some of my absolute favorites - Vipera ammodytes & Macrovipera lebetina .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Protobothrops cornutus   Protobothrops cornutus Icon_minitimeSat 29 Mar - 19:17

Peter, Thank you for explanning. I see
the first love was the strongest love Smile i am keeping actually pit vipers too in terrarium s with living endemic plants . I am feeling more like a gardener, like you said. But i think it s a eye-orgasm when you look into a real natural terrarium with the snake like a Accessoire Smile
Back to top Go down
Peter van Issem
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Peter van Issem

Male

PostSubject: Re: Protobothrops cornutus   Protobothrops cornutus Icon_minitimeSat 29 Mar - 21:18

Yes Niko, thats right and work with a mediterranean terrsrium too ;-)
Back to top Go down
Paul Lambourne

Male
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2013-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Protobothrops cornutus   Protobothrops cornutus Icon_minitimeSun 30 Mar - 0:40

Chaps,

Thanks for the kind comments...

Peter, thanks for the info, I look forward to your PM.

I have a great passion for Euro vipers, I have seen most species in the wild. I currently keep Vipera renardi( I should have neonates later in the year, if you are interested....)

Kind regards

Paul
Back to top Go down
Martti Niskanen
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Martti Niskanen

Male
Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2010-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Protobothrops cornutus   Protobothrops cornutus Icon_minitimeTue 1 Apr - 0:32

Hi Paul.

If you're after more males, some british keepers visit Hamm and SnakeDay regularly, so I'm sure you could sort out for someone to pick some up for you if you don't want to make the trip yourself.

Drop me a pm if you want some names.

Cheers,

Martti
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Protobothrops cornutus   Protobothrops cornutus Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Protobothrops cornutus
Page 1 of 1