VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Snake..........

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Rafał Broński
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Rafał Broński

Male
Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2011-12-11

Snake.......... Empty
PostSubject: Snake..........   Snake.......... Icon_minitimeWed 7 Jan - 4:21

I found this on this picture. Anyone know what this snake?

Snake.......... 510
Back to top Go down
Peter van Issem
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Peter van Issem

Male
Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2009-03-08

Snake.......... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snake..........   Snake.......... Icon_minitimeWed 7 Jan - 4:38

looks like Xenodermus javanicus
Back to top Go down

Snake.......... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snake..........   Snake.......... Icon_minitimeWed 7 Jan - 4:46

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zt7HTn3gZJg
Back to top Go down
Rafał Broński
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Rafał Broński

Male

Snake.......... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snake..........   Snake.......... Icon_minitimeThu 8 Jan - 20:38

Thank you for your reply Peter, Niko. Really beautiful. Read a little about it, and I have another question. Someone was holding Javanicus? I have to admit that in the future I would like it in your collection.
Back to top Go down
Dylan van den Berg
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Dylan van den Berg

Male
Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2013-10-21

Snake.......... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snake..........   Snake.......... Icon_minitimeThu 8 Jan - 21:51

Peter van Issem wrote:
looks like Xenodermus javanicus

True , it is Very Happy great species

i recently spotted this species for sale

Cool
Back to top Go down

Snake.......... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snake..........   Snake.......... Icon_minitimeThu 8 Jan - 22:55

This snake is extremely rare in wild. There is no experience in captive care, and if my information is right,they are availabale from time to time - Crystal Palace Reptiles have had them in in the past, including a WC albino. The problem is very much the husbandry - no matter how they are kept they simply dont survive. There has been a suggestion that a keeper in France had apparaently bred them but this has never been confirmed.
From what is known about them they are obligate frog eaters and die very quickly in captivity.
For my personal opinion, this is NOT a species for captive care.
Regards, Niko
Back to top Go down
Rafał Broński
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Rafał Broński

Male

Snake.......... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snake..........   Snake.......... Icon_minitimeFri 9 Jan - 19:50

Thank you for your reply on. Hi Dylan, I noticed that you live in the Netherlands. Where did you see Xenodermus Javanicus?, At the Expo Houten, Snake Day? I was in that year, but I have not seen this snake. What is the price for an individual ?, thank you in advance for your reply. Yes I know, Niko, I read a little about it. That's why I wondered over this with, since it is so rare in this environment naturlnym if someone has it in private farms and what has trouble keeping. I unfortunately residual information.
Back to top Go down
Frédéric Seyffarth
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2012-08-02

Snake.......... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snake..........   Snake.......... Icon_minitimeSat 10 Jan - 5:23

A real snake-lover would let this kind of snake in the wild. There's enough captive born species all over the shows. Think twice please.

Regards
Back to top Go down
Rafał Broński
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Rafał Broński

Male

Snake.......... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snake..........   Snake.......... Icon_minitimeSun 11 Jan - 5:07

Hi Frédéric,
I did not write that I would buy javanicus from hunting, I mean those born in private collections. I'm also curious if anyone has this species, because we do not have met with this species and it is really beautiful. That's why I asked. I'm sorry if I became ill understood.
Regards
Back to top Go down
Dylan van den Berg
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Dylan van den Berg

Male

Snake.......... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snake..........   Snake.......... Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jan - 19:37

Hi

I agree with Niko Weinbeer , this species wont survive and should be left alone in the wild .

I dont know if they where cb / wc ? For the price you should check it out yourself.
The man who sold these comes from Russia , you should check terraristik.com this is the place where i recently noticed them for sale

regards Dylan Smile
Back to top Go down
Peter van Issem
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Peter van Issem

Male

Snake.......... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snake..........   Snake.......... Icon_minitimeTue 13 Jan - 0:57

it was WC from Malaysia. Exported over Indonesia. 800 € : couple

but an absolute stricly frogfeeding snake. Every year some are coming in. One couple was going to Poland. One in 2012 or 2013 to north Germany. Its funny to see that actually it looks that some was offered, because one week ago I got a mail from a german, with content some questions about the possibility to bring stricly frogfeeding snakes to mice 😉 I aske wich specie - X. javanicus....
A very strange an interesting snake indeed, but like the otherd post before I quote the same, a snake that will die fast. If you try it, you have to guarantee to have enought frogs! And I' m sure they feed a lit if them. Two snakes, two frigs a week, you need around 20 frigs or more a month. IMO to much work for a single couple of snakes. About the care I have never reada caresheed. It lives in leave litter near streams, mabye a little bit like Azemiops.
Back to top Go down
Rafał Broński
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Rafał Broński

Male

Snake.......... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snake..........   Snake.......... Icon_minitimeTue 13 Jan - 3:57

Thank you for your answers and help. Yes I know Dylan, not that species does not make at home, so problematic. But as I wrote, I became intrigued by this species. Rosia a little too far, do not know where the situation regarding the terrarium, breeders. Peter, 800euro for a couple or a single individual? I have to admit that a lot but as for now, I gather the information. Even if I bought it, the biggest problem would be feeding on frogs karma. I have not seen this in Poland. Maybe in the future to decide.
Regards
Back to top Go down
Dylan van den Berg
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Dylan van den Berg

Male

Snake.......... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snake..........   Snake.......... Icon_minitimeTue 13 Jan - 4:39

This species reminds me a bit of a little dragon when you look at the scales Smile

Very beautiful ! so i understand you want to know more about this one Cool

regards
Back to top Go down
Peter van Issem
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Peter van Issem

Male

Snake.......... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snake..........   Snake.......... Icon_minitimeTue 13 Jan - 4:41

@ Dylan: mabye thats the reson why its caled ,, Dragon snake'' 😀😀😀
Back to top Go down
Dylan van den Berg
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Dylan van den Berg

Male

Snake.......... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snake..........   Snake.......... Icon_minitimeWed 14 Jan - 3:03

Embarassed oeps lol Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Rafał Broński
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Rafał Broński

Male

Snake.......... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snake..........   Snake.......... Icon_minitimeThu 15 Jan - 3:54

Thank you for all the answers at the moment, I will not continue to subject Xenodermus javanicus culture, so as not to unnecessarily not to arouse controversy.
Regards.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Snake.......... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snake..........   Snake.......... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Snake..........
Page 1 of 1