VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

A new large species of Bitis from the Bale Mountains of Ethiopia

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
toni beckman
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2009-12-19

A new large species of Bitis from the Bale Mountains of Ethiopia Empty
PostSubject: A new large species of Bitis from the Bale Mountains of Ethiopia   A new large species of Bitis from the Bale Mountains of Ethiopia Icon_minitimeFri 8 Apr - 0:05

http://maddreptiles.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Gower_etal_2016_Bitis_harenna.pdf
Back to top Go down
Paul Hermann
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2016-02-10

PostSubject: Re: A new large species of Bitis from the Bale Mountains of Ethiopia   A new large species of Bitis from the Bale Mountains of Ethiopia Icon_minitimeTue 12 Apr - 3:46

I heard about it, outstanding isn't it?
Back to top Go down
Klaus Roemer
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: A new large species of Bitis from the Bale Mountains of Ethiopia   A new large species of Bitis from the Bale Mountains of Ethiopia Icon_minitimeTue 12 Apr - 20:18

Bet my grandma's teeth that these will show up in a Hamm show within a year; 3000 Euro each.
Back to top Go down
toni beckman
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male

PostSubject: Re: A new large species of Bitis from the Bale Mountains of Ethiopia   A new large species of Bitis from the Bale Mountains of Ethiopia Icon_minitimeWed 13 Apr - 0:44

Its of course truly interesting to hear, read and also see these new species, but without conservation status analyse...

Klaus; may i ask, is 3000e somekind of common value these new traded species?
I havnt even never been in Hamm on Houten ether.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hermann
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2016-02-10

PostSubject: Re: A new large species of Bitis from the Bale Mountains of Ethiopia   A new large species of Bitis from the Bale Mountains of Ethiopia Icon_minitimeWed 13 Apr - 3:53

Well I agree, it wouldn't be this much of a surprise to see this snake in hamm someday.
As for the price Toni, anything which is unique or uncommon is usually sold there at the high price, and it works.
Regards P
Back to top Go down
Klaus Roemer
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: A new large species of Bitis from the Bale Mountains of Ethiopia   A new large species of Bitis from the Bale Mountains of Ethiopia Icon_minitimeWed 13 Apr - 21:54

Toni, that's the price category that people were asking, for instance, for Bitis parviocula, apparently a closely related species, at the beginning. To not be misunderstood: I've got nothing against people selling rare snakes for high prices; one of the points that I would criticize though is that even after a while, when the number of potential customers is declining, contrary to what free market economy is about, typically sort of a cartell is formed among those that sell these animals, effectively preventing the prices from coming down. But that's human nature, I guess. Greed everywhere.
Back to top Go down
toni beckman
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male

PostSubject: Re: A new large species of Bitis from the Bale Mountains of Ethiopia   A new large species of Bitis from the Bale Mountains of Ethiopia Icon_minitimeThu 14 Apr - 5:05

Thanks Klaus. Thats interesting. I wish, that when these totally new species will income to private sector, would be created something similarity as European studbook, etc. Locality info, inbreedings, just as two examples, could give more value our sector.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A new large species of Bitis from the Bale Mountains of Ethiopia   A new large species of Bitis from the Bale Mountains of Ethiopia Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1