VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

african spitting cobra

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Arnold Haslinger

Male
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2016-04-22

african spitting cobra Empty
PostSubject: african spitting cobra   african spitting cobra Icon_minitimeMon 25 Apr - 2:00

naja nigricollis woodi in austrian natur for some decades
Back to top Go down
Yannick Berthoud
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Yannick Berthoud

Male
Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2015-04-20

PostSubject: Re: african spitting cobra   african spitting cobra Icon_minitimeMon 25 Apr - 4:16

humm...yes, and ? Smile
Back to top Go down
Rainer Fesser
Systematicus
Systematicus

Male
Number of posts : 565
Registration date : 2008-03-13

PostSubject: Re: african spitting cobra   african spitting cobra Icon_minitimeMon 25 Apr - 19:01

Apart from that I´m sure that they most probably would not be able to survive as individuals, let alone to breed succesfully (which would be essential for them for surviving "for some decades") in any place in Austria, I have the following questions:
Who claims that? Is there any evidence?
Where, how many and under which conditions do they live?

Until these questions will be answered in a adequate way, I can only quote Yannick Berthoud: "humm...yes, and ?"

Regards,
Rainer
Back to top Go down
Peter Zürcher
Admin
Admin
Peter Zürcher

Male
Number of posts : 1266
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: african spitting cobra   african spitting cobra Icon_minitimeTue 26 Apr - 17:50

And apart from what Rainer said i would strongly doubt that someone would set that rare and expensive snakes like Naja nigricincta (not nigricollis) woodi free.

Be careful with rumors like this - we have people ready to jump on that train in Austria.

I don't think we should take this person for serious. I found this on his facebook account:
http://www.spiegel.de/panorama/almabtrieb-mehr-rinder-sterben-in-den-bayerischen-alpen-a-990336.html
with a personal remark accusing Black Spitting Cobras for this loss of cattle, and
another post on Facebook where he claims that Black Spitting Cobras taking fish out of his pond.

He seems to be what some people call a conspiracy theorist.

I moved this thread to the curiosity-section.

Apart from this funny story, did you know that Cobras as ancestors of the recent Naja species lived once in Austria:
Naja austriaca Bachmayer & Szyndlar, 1985
Naja romani Hofstetter, 1939
Back to top Go down
http://www.reptilienzoonockalm.at
Rainer Fesser
Systematicus
Systematicus

Male

PostSubject: Re: african spitting cobra   african spitting cobra Icon_minitimeWed 27 Apr - 0:15

Hello Peter,
in case Mr. Haslinger has already been in the Burgenland about 5 - 20 Million years ago, he might have mistaken a Naja austriaca for a Naja nigricincta woodi. In that case he would be the only person who knows the colour of Naja austriaca.

Have a nice springtime,
Rainer
Back to top Go down
Peter Zürcher
Admin
Admin
Peter Zürcher

Male

PostSubject: Re: african spitting cobra   african spitting cobra Icon_minitimeWed 27 Apr - 16:13

Thank You, Rainer!
Unfortunately there's not much of a springtime these days.....
Peter
Back to top Go down
Rainer Fesser
Systematicus
Systematicus

Male

PostSubject: Re: african spitting cobra   african spitting cobra Icon_minitimeWed 27 Apr - 18:45

Neither here, snow, snow,...

But it will be spring - the first V. ammodytes (not a fake like Naja in Austria) have been out of hibernation on March 20th. here and they DO know.
Back to top Go down
Peter Zürcher
Admin
Admin
Peter Zürcher

Male

PostSubject: Re: african spitting cobra   african spitting cobra Icon_minitimeWed 27 Apr - 18:55

We (Markus, his girlfriend Verena and me) have met our forst ammodytes at about the same time - on March 19th (Schütt) and March 20th (Wörthersee).
http://www.reptilienzoonockalm.at/16Exkursionen.htm
Back to top Go down
Arnold Haslinger

Male
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2016-04-22

PostSubject: Re: african spitting cobra   african spitting cobra Icon_minitimeWed 27 Apr - 19:07

lol!
Back to top Go down
Peter Zürcher
Admin
Admin
Peter Zürcher

Male

PostSubject: Re: african spitting cobra   african spitting cobra Icon_minitimeWed 27 Apr - 19:53

Mr. Haslinger!
VenomLand is NOT a playground for internet trolls.
You are welcome to participate here with factual and serious postings, but not with funny tales like Spitting Cobras in your Austrian garden.
You've been posting various pictures of "bites" by these snakes elsewhere and you claimed being spat in your eyes several times. On the other hand, i didn't see a picture of the snakes themselves, this is telling me that the main problem with these snakes consists in being only visible to you......
You started that game on a Austrian forum, where you have been deleted, and in a UK forum too,
where you have created quite a long, but unresponded thread.
So please stop trolling and kidding here - otherwise your account will be deleted....well, at least this would give you the opportunity to complain on other forums about being censored in Austra again....
Alternatively YOU could decide to leave the forum - shouldn't be a very difficult decision after you wrote on Twitter "VenomLand.org are idiots", should it?
best regards,
Peter
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: african spitting cobra   african spitting cobra Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

african spitting cobra
Page 1 of 1