VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Hello from the Northeastern USA

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mike Torocco
Mike Torocco

Male
Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-11-25

Hello from the Northeastern USA Empty
PostSubject: Hello from the Northeastern USA   Hello from the Northeastern USA Icon_minitimeTue 2 Dec - 8:46

Hello Snake Fans!

I joined this forum because I have a strong interest in arboreals, and it seems that there are a number of people here who have a great deal of experience and knowledge on that topic. I look forward to hearing about everyone’s experiences and the exchange of information from around the world.

I am first and foremost a conservation advocate, and I work professionally as a herpetologist in the northeastern USA. In addition to my work on the conservation of native northeastern U.S. reptiles and amphibians, I also enjoy working with snakes in captivity. I currently keep several species of Crotalus, as well as arboreals of the genera Atheris, Bothriechis, Popeia, and Cryptelytrops. Some people may argue that there is a conflict of interest between conservation and keeping reptiles in captivity, and that the trade in reptiles only helps to contribute to cause the decline of wild populations. I believe that if we keep reptiles responsibly, ethically, and do not contribute to making wild populations rare by over-collecting, we can teach others to respect these amazing creatures and help to conserve them over the long term.

I’ve had the pleasure to see many different reptiles and amphibians in the field, including such places as the northeastern US, Florida, Texas, Mexico, Aruba, Grand Cayman, and Costa Rica. One day I would like to make it to Southeast Asia to see some of the Trimeresurus-group and Tropidolaemus species in the wild.

See you around the forum,
Mike
Back to top Go down
Johan Pennanen
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Johan Pennanen

Male
Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the Northeastern USA   Hello from the Northeastern USA Icon_minitimeWed 3 Dec - 21:12

Welcome Mike!
Im also have the big interest to keep and breed arboreal snakes and i keep many species..
And always look for new ones that i dont keep yet...
Nice avatar of C.insularis!

/ Johan
Back to top Go down
Arcy_Salvacion
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the Northeastern USA   Hello from the Northeastern USA Icon_minitimeThu 4 Dec - 10:31

welcome to venom land
keep us posted when you visit southeast asia, specially the Philippines, Smile

Regards,

-Arcy
Back to top Go down
Mike Torocco
Mike Torocco

Male

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the Northeastern USA   Hello from the Northeastern USA Icon_minitimeFri 5 Dec - 2:58

Is that an invitation to visit, Arcy Smile

Glad you like my C. insularis Johan, she produced a litter of 10 babies this year. It was my first attempt at breeding her.
Back to top Go down
Johan Pennanen
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Johan Pennanen

Male
Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the Northeastern USA   Hello from the Northeastern USA Icon_minitimeFri 5 Dec - 8:15

Mike Torocco wrote:
Is that an invitation to visit, Arcy Smile

Glad you like my C. insularis Johan, she produced a litter of 10 babies this year. It was my first attempt at breeding her.

Nice!
Is the babies good working ones and did you even got green colours?
This species i dont still have in my collection but
in Mars i will get 1.2 from Therese Johansson on this forum..

/Johan
Back to top Go down
Mike Torocco
Mike Torocco

Male

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the Northeastern USA   Hello from the Northeastern USA Icon_minitimeFri 5 Dec - 23:56

The babies are more difficult to get started on pink mice than C. venustus or Bothriechis schlegeli. They have different amounts of yellow, and some are "greenish", but none are very green. The adults are very hardy. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the Northeastern USA   Hello from the Northeastern USA Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from the Northeastern USA
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VenomLand :: VenomLand Forum :: Introductions-
Jump to: