VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

CELEBRATION OF CHARLES

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mario Lutz
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Mario Lutz

Male
Number of posts : 1416
Registration date : 2008-03-06

CELEBRATION OF CHARLES Empty
PostSubject: CELEBRATION OF CHARLES   CELEBRATION OF CHARLES Icon_minitimeFri 13 Feb - 17:06

As the 200th birthday of Charles Robert Darwin draws near

The Center for North American Herpetology

is pleased to announce a new book

CHARLES DARWIN: THE CONCISE STORY OF AN EXTRAORDINARY MAN

by Tim M. Berra

CHARLES DARWIN: THE CONCISE STORY OF AN EXTRAORDINARY MAN tells the story of
Darwin's life from birth to death, his family, friends, books, and accomplishments. The
book features 60 black and white and 16 color illustrations, and is published by Johns
Hopkins University Press in a 2009 celebration of the 200th anniversary of Darwin's birth
and the 150th anniversary of the publication of ON THE ORIGIN OF SPECIES.

Two hundred years after Charles Darwin's birth (12 February 1809), this thoroughly
illustrated, yet concise biography reveals the great scientist as husband, father, and friend.
Tim M. Berra, whose DARWIN: THE MAN lectures are in high demand worldwide, tells the
fascinating story of the person and the idea that changed everything. Berra discusses
Darwin's revolutionary scientific work, its impact on modern-day biological science, and
the influence of Darwin's evolutionary theory on Western thought. But Berra digs deeper to
reveal Darwin the man by combining anecdotes with carefully selected illustrations and
photographs.

This book may be ordered toll free at 1-800-537-5487 or from

http://www.press.jhu.edu

Publisher: The Johns Hopkins University Press
$19.95 (paperback)
ISBN: 978-0-8018-9104-5
Published 1 December 2008
Back to top Go down
http://www.venomland.org

CELEBRATION OF CHARLES
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum