VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

New Book: North American Frogs & Toads

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mario Lutz
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Mario Lutz

Male
Number of posts : 1416
Registration date : 2008-03-06

New Book: North American Frogs & Toads Empty
PostSubject: New Book: North American Frogs & Toads   New Book: North American Frogs & Toads Icon_minitimeSat 14 Feb - 9:08

Houghton Mifflin Company, publishers of the Peterson Field Guide series, announces

A Great New Book

THE FROGS AND TOADS OF NORTH AMERICA

by Lang Elliott, Carl Gerhardt, and Carlos Davidson
with a Foreword by Joseph T. Collins

"About a hundred species of frogs and toads are found on the North American continent
north of Mexico, providing a diversity of seasonal calls that are fascinating to most people
but often difficult to sort out. Lang Elliott, Carl Gerhardt, and Carlos Davidson have
addressed this situation in an exemplary fashion, with excellent recordings and exquisite
photography accompanied by an informative and organized text, all bundled together in a
book and compact disc that will provide
hours of enjoyment for people who like to spend their time outdoors." ˆ from the
Foreword

Relax to the Choruses of the Frogs: In late winter, spring, and early summer, warm and
humid weather gives rise to an explosion of activity in the amphibian world, as frogs and
toads appear like magic to breed in flooded pools, ponds, and marshes. Their choruses
resound from wetlands across the countryside. Featuring a variety of superb stereo
recordings from throughout the southeastern states, this compact disc conveys the natural
mix of sounds. There is no narration ˜ only the pure, unadulterated calls of our native
frogs and toads. The disc is the perfect complement to this book.

This book may be ordered toll free at 800-225-3362

or from

http://www.musicofnature.org/books

$19.95 (paperback)
ISBN: 978-0-618-66399-6
Published March 2009
343 pp.

Note: For greater accuracy, comprehension, and ease in communication, this book
uses exactly the traditional, standardized common names for North American frogs and
toads proposed by Collins & Taggart (2002. Standard Common and Current Scientific
Names for North American Amphibians, Turtles, Reptiles, and Crocodilians. Fifth Edition),
published by The Center for North American Herpetology (available as a pdf at the CNAH
web site), and maintained and updated daily online, the only such listing available online
worldwide.

Further, these are the standard common names used in the third edition (1998 Conant &
Collins) edition of the "Peterson Field Guide to Reptiles and Amphibians of Eastern and
Central North America," (also available from Houghton Mifflin), and are the common
names that will be used in the fourth edition of the Peterson Field Guide to Amphibians,
Turtles, Reptiles, and Crocodilians.
Back to top Go down
http://www.venomland.org

New Book: North American Frogs & Toads
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VenomLand :: VenomLand Forum :: News-
Jump to: