VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

My Introduction.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

My Introduction. Empty
PostSubject: My Introduction.   My Introduction. Icon_minitimeWed 18 Feb - 17:41

What can i say? I've had a growing curiosity for reptiles since i can remember. started small then just snowballed! I've gone through phases of boids, geckos, chameleons, tortises, various snakes of every kind i could get my hands on. then when i was about 9 i caught my first rattler then coppers then cottons that spun into my first bitis and lateralis and from there arboreals took over my life and i never looked back. Always looking ahead to what i want for my collection next. My goal is to have the most complete collection of tree viper species at least in the US maybe more Very Happy . I currently volunteer for and am mentord by Mr. Roark Ferguson at Roark's Reptile Safari in South Carolina. This were i am tuning my skills with other species such as mambas, large elapids and crocadillians as well as some primates and other mammals
Thanks for your time TJ Sieber

Last edited by Timothy Sieber on Wed 18 Feb - 17:43; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correct a sentence)
Back to top Go down
Miqe Erikzen
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Miqe Erikzen

Male
Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2008-12-02

My Introduction. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Introduction.   My Introduction. Icon_minitimeWed 18 Feb - 18:14

Welcome to the community, Timothy!
Back to top Go down
http://www.terrariummorbidum.se
Mario Lutz
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Mario Lutz

Male
Number of posts : 1416
Registration date : 2008-03-06

My Introduction. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Introduction.   My Introduction. Icon_minitimeWed 18 Feb - 18:37

Hi Tim,

welcome at VenomLand, hope you enjoy yourself being part of our "Special Community".

cheers
Mario
Back to top Go down
http://www.venomland.org
David Nixon
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
David Nixon

Male
Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2008-09-19

My Introduction. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Introduction.   My Introduction. Icon_minitimeWed 18 Feb - 19:48

Hi Timothy

I stayed over at Roarks house in April last year, we spent a few days herping in South Carolina, we also spent a few days with his own collection.

His Black Mamba is hard work.

Welcome to the forum.

Cheers

Dave
Back to top Go down
http://www.midlandsreptiles.com

My Introduction. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Introduction.   My Introduction. Icon_minitimeThu 19 Feb - 3:56

Thanks guys. Dave the mamba is a 13ft. nightmare as my girlfriend dubber him. him he is evil till roark gets him out then he's fine until he wants to go back in his home, but the egyptian is my fav. 9 feet of fury till i pull it out of the cage then he's a big push over, but he has taken a couple of lives in his day.
Back to top Go down
David Nixon
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
David Nixon

Male
Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2008-09-19

My Introduction. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Introduction.   My Introduction. Icon_minitimeThu 19 Feb - 4:23

Yes, I remember Roark telling me about the haja and its past murder.

I bet he has had you washing off those snappers in the little room??? Mad

I actually spoke to him the other day on the phone, ask him about the black racer I lost in his 4x4, he was not happy Very Happy

Cheers

Dave
Back to top Go down
http://www.midlandsreptiles.com

My Introduction. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Introduction.   My Introduction. Icon_minitimeSat 21 Feb - 12:45

Well today is a good day i got my new trigonocephalus to make my pair complete and she's a screamer pics to come!!!! Very Happy and yes i have cleaned to snappers many times but i also found homes for several of them. Very Happy but as they leave others follow you know the drill.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My Introduction. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Introduction.   My Introduction. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Introduction.
Page 1 of 1