VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Hello from Arizona

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Chip Cochran
Chip Cochran

Male
Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-02-20

Hello from Arizona Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Arizona   Hello from Arizona Icon_minitimeSat 21 Feb - 8:59

Hi my name is Chip Cochran. I live in Tucson, Arizona. I am interested in all venomous snakes but my favorites would have to be members of Dendroaspis (especially polylepis) , the Crotalus willardi complex, and Azemiops feae. Primarily I enjoy viewing them in the wild but I have started to keep. Was lucky enough to spend 3 and a half months in Africa earlier in 2008 and got to work with all sorts of stuff I had only dreamed of getting to work with. Highlight was finding a wild Dendroaspis polylepis. Hopefully will be starting grad school soon, about a year. I love the fact that nicknames are not allowed in this forum. Great idea. Look forward to the discussions.

Chip
Back to top Go down
Mario Lutz
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Mario Lutz

Male
Number of posts : 1416
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Hello from Arizona Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Arizona   Hello from Arizona Icon_minitimeSat 21 Feb - 10:18

Hi Chip,

welcome at VenomLand!

the point, that nicks are not allowed is clearly a huge advance compare to other boards.
you need to think about what you like to say.... most of the professional members here dont usually post in other boards, they just tired of all this stuff. here, at venomland we choose from the beginning to make it different.

i hope you enjoy it...

cheers
Mario
Back to top Go down
http://www.venomland.org

Hello from Arizona Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Arizona   Hello from Arizona Icon_minitimeSat 21 Feb - 12:21

Hey buddy welcome to the forum. Just incase you dont know as a former resident of arizona that it is a big crime to keep any venomous in arizona except a select few, and there unfortunatly are no licenses to make this otherwise.
Back to top Go down

Hello from Arizona Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Arizona   Hello from Arizona Icon_minitimeSat 21 Feb - 12:23

the select are only local species no foreign it sucks and is the reason i left.
Back to top Go down
Chip Cochran
Chip Cochran

Male

Hello from Arizona Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Arizona   Hello from Arizona Icon_minitimeSat 21 Feb - 12:32

thanks for the heads up. I do know that and I am only keeping native and non protected species.
Back to top Go down
Chip Cochran
Chip Cochran

Male

Hello from Arizona Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Arizona   Hello from Arizona Icon_minitimeSat 21 Feb - 12:35

Here is a photo of her.

Hello from Arizona N10103350_39670024_6326
Back to top Go down

Hello from Arizona Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Arizona   Hello from Arizona Icon_minitimeSat 21 Feb - 12:37

Nice
Back to top Go down

Hello from Arizona Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Arizona   Hello from Arizona Icon_minitimeSat 21 Feb - 12:40

I keep a few of my fav. crots. but my passions lie with arboreal vipers. Buy the way i do have a black mamba he's about 14 feet and 17 yrs. old he believe it or not is as mild tempered as my waglers.
Back to top Go down
Chip Cochran
Chip Cochran

Male

Hello from Arizona Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Arizona   Hello from Arizona Icon_minitimeSat 21 Feb - 12:44

Ya polylepis are awesome, I worked with quite a few while in africa. They calmed down very nice with gentle handling. I had read before that they tend to calm down once they realize you are gentle with them. Definitely a believer in it now. Largest one I worked with was 2.5 meters or just over so not a 14 footer. Your's must be from down south if its that big. The ones I worked with were all in Swaziland.
Back to top Go down
Chip Cochran
Chip Cochran

Male

Hello from Arizona Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Arizona   Hello from Arizona Icon_minitimeSat 21 Feb - 12:45

Here is a photo of my favorite male Hello from Arizona N10103350_39052085_5592
Back to top Go down

Hello from Arizona Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Arizona   Hello from Arizona Icon_minitimeSat 21 Feb - 12:49

Well my boss aquired him years ago from a zoo if i'm not mistaken and now he's been on display at the shop for years and make no mistake i respect him to the utmost but have learned that calm and quiet makes for easier cleanings and feedings
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello from Arizona Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Arizona   Hello from Arizona Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from Arizona
Page 1 of 1