VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Protobothrops elegans

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Stefan Thomson
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Stefan Thomson

Male
Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2008-08-25

Protobothrops elegans Empty
PostSubject: Protobothrops elegans   Protobothrops elegans Icon_minitimeSun 22 Feb - 15:33

Thought i´d share some pics of these too (this time real elegans and not cornutus).

Protobothrops elegans E-01

Protobothrops elegans E-011

Protobothrops elegans P-elegans-10-01
Back to top Go down
http://www.exotic-animals.tk

PostSubject: Re: Protobothrops elegans   Protobothrops elegans Icon_minitimeMon 23 Feb - 1:54

So whens the bidding start? HeHe just kidding great looking animals. I love any sp. of protobothrops.
Back to top Go down
Peeter Põldsam
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Protobothrops elegans   Protobothrops elegans Icon_minitimeTue 23 Feb - 18:20

Here is my version of this snake

Protobothrops elegans IMG_2207
Back to top Go down
Chris Jones
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Chris Jones

Male
Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2009-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Protobothrops elegans   Protobothrops elegans Icon_minitimeTue 23 Feb - 20:48

Lovely looking animal! how big do these snakes get?
Back to top Go down
Peeter Põldsam
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male

PostSubject: Re: Protobothrops elegans   Protobothrops elegans Icon_minitimeWed 24 Feb - 0:19

They will grow about 1m
Back to top Go down
Israel M. Sánchez
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Israel M. Sánchez

Male
Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Protobothrops elegans   Protobothrops elegans Icon_minitimeWed 24 Feb - 1:39

They are nice.

Strong venom?

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Peeter Põldsam
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male

PostSubject: Re: Protobothrops elegans   Protobothrops elegans Icon_minitimeWed 24 Feb - 4:03

Here is something about it
http://www.ajtmh.org/cgi/content/abstract/8/2_Part_1/124
Back to top Go down
Israel M. Sánchez
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Israel M. Sánchez

Male
Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Protobothrops elegans   Protobothrops elegans Icon_minitimeWed 24 Feb - 4:06

Good link, thanks Peeter. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Protobothrops elegans   Protobothrops elegans Icon_minitimeWed 3 Mar - 4:06

Great example congrats!
Back to top Go down
Chris Jones
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Chris Jones

Male

PostSubject: Re: Protobothrops elegans   Protobothrops elegans Icon_minitimeWed 10 Mar - 1:03

This is a photo of my female P.elegans.
Sorry not the best photo.
I was just teaching myself how to post pics on here.
I will take some better ones soon.

Protobothrops elegans P_eleg12
Back to top Go down
Peeter Põldsam
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male

PostSubject: Re: Protobothrops elegans   Protobothrops elegans Icon_minitimeWed 10 Mar - 5:18

Nice one. how big is she?
Back to top Go down
Chris Jones
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Chris Jones

Male

PostSubject: Re: Protobothrops elegans   Protobothrops elegans Icon_minitimeWed 10 Mar - 16:22

She is about 50-60cm eating Big Fuzzies! i am not 100% sure how big this species gets but some of the literature suggests about a meter perhaps just over, with breeding size attained at about 60cm.
Not sure if this is accurate though as it is not exactly first hand information.
Would certainly welcome any additional information on their size and breeding.

Regards
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Protobothrops elegans   Protobothrops elegans Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Protobothrops elegans
Page 1 of 1