VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Crocs at HerpaWorld (Picture)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mario Lutz
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Mario Lutz

Male
Number of posts : 1416
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Crocs at HerpaWorld (Picture) Empty
PostSubject: Crocs at HerpaWorld (Picture)   Crocs at HerpaWorld (Picture) Icon_minitimeSat 5 Apr - 16:54

well folks,

i like to introduce some of our crocs, my biggest love beside the hot snakes.

Crocs at HerpaWorld (Picture) Caman_10
Caiman crocodylus

Crocs at HerpaWorld (Picture) Caman_11
Caiman crocodylus

Crocs at HerpaWorld (Picture) Caman_12
come out, come out - wherever you are!

as the General Secretary of the Philippine Crocodile Society - i focus pretty much of corse on conservation, conservation breeding and release programs for crocodiles - especially for our own critically endangered philippine freshwater crocodile (Crocodylus mindorensis)

Crocs at HerpaWorld (Picture) Crocod11
Crocodylus mindorensis, breeder male

Crocs at HerpaWorld (Picture) Crocod10
Crocodylus mindorensis - the most critically endangered Crocodile on earth!

Crocs at HerpaWorld (Picture) Crocod13
mud-holes are greatly appreciated by Crocodilians, Crocodylus mindorensis

Crocs at HerpaWorld (Picture) Crocod12
this Crocodylus mindorensis group is enjoying their mud bath!

Crocs at HerpaWorld (Picture) Tomist10
Tomistoma schlegelii is another one of the critically endangered Crocodilian species in the world

Crocs at HerpaWorld (Picture) Tomist11
Thomistoma schlegelii, juvenile female

-we are lucky, coz we are able to keep the Crocs the whole year outdoors - and they sure like it!
and also our visitors like it much to watch them in like nature habitat looking enclosures.

hope you like it!

did anybody else here keep crocodiles?

cheers
Mario

Last edited by Mario Lutz on Sat 5 Apr - 23:26; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.venomland.org
Peter Zürcher
Admin
Admin
Peter Zürcher

Male
Number of posts : 1266
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Crocs at HerpaWorld (Picture)   Crocs at HerpaWorld (Picture) Icon_minitimeSat 5 Apr - 17:24

Yes. Mario, I do.
As You know, I'm keeping a group of african dwarf crocodiles, Osteolaemis tetraspis.
Thei're 10 years old now and ready to breed.
Crocs at HerpaWorld (Picture) Kopf10

I've got a order from a philippine zoo for a couple of youngsters:
As you see here, thei're working on it.....
Crocs at HerpaWorld (Picture) Mating10

Greetings
Peter
Back to top Go down
http://www.reptilienzoonockalm.at
Albert J. Montejo
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male
Number of posts : 306
Registration date : 2011-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Crocs at HerpaWorld (Picture)   Crocs at HerpaWorld (Picture) Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jun - 2:05

For no academic reason , just because Crocodylus mindorensis and Thomistoma schelegelii are awesome , the dwarfs are'nt bad but, ho ho , the Cuban croc's from around Cienaga de Zapata, Matanzas Cuba, well those can be your worst nightmare , in early post Columbian times , this species reached 16ft. in lenght; the largest found today are about 11.5 ft. long, few people keep them as pet's here in Florida!!.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crocs at HerpaWorld (Picture)   Crocs at HerpaWorld (Picture) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crocs at HerpaWorld (Picture)
Page 1 of 1