VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Naja annulifera catatonic state

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Guenter Leitenbauer
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Guenter Leitenbauer

Male
Number of posts : 1389
Registration date : 2008-05-17

Naja annulifera catatonic state Empty
PostSubject: Naja annulifera catatonic state   Naja annulifera catatonic state Icon_minitimeSat 8 Aug - 20:43

When Peter and me were shooting some Najas last week, Peter tried to motivate the N. annulifera to stand up by tickling here with the hook behind the head. Suddenly it stood like shown on the photo and did not move for minutes, even after being put back into its cage.
Moses may have done something similar when changing his stick to a snake and back for the pharao but Peter told me that he never saw this behaviour with N. a. whereas it is described for N. haje.
Well, now we did Wink

Naja annulifera catatonic state Najame11

Last edited by Guenter Leitenbauer on Sat 8 Aug - 21:05; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.leitenbauer.net

PostSubject: Re: Naja annulifera catatonic state   Naja annulifera catatonic state Icon_minitimeSat 8 Aug - 21:01

Hi there,

Eeeeeeeeh, you're sure about N.melanoleuca? Do you have a complete picture of this beast if it is effectively a N.melanoleuca? It seems more like a N.annulifera... But I'm maybe mistaking Embarassed .

As everytime, beautiful picture!!!

Cheers

LucasC.
Back to top Go down
Guenter Leitenbauer
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Guenter Leitenbauer

Male

PostSubject: Re: Naja annulifera catatonic state   Naja annulifera catatonic state Icon_minitimeSat 8 Aug - 21:03

Sure it is annulifera. I postprocessed some melanoleuca shots recently and my mind was stuck to this name *arrrgh*
Now I ate something for lunch and it blew to my mind that I used the wrong name. Wanted to change it before someone comments it but was too late Very Happy
Back to top Go down
David Nixon
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
David Nixon

Male
Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Naja annulifera catatonic state   Naja annulifera catatonic state Icon_minitimeMon 10 Aug - 1:28

I've just been looking at some of your photography on Flickr, tou've taken some great shots.
Back to top Go down
http://www.midlandsreptiles.com
Guenter Leitenbauer
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Guenter Leitenbauer

Male

PostSubject: Re: Naja annulifera catatonic state   Naja annulifera catatonic state Icon_minitimeMon 10 Aug - 4:04

Thanks, David!
I'm still learning Wink
Back to top Go down
Guenter Leitenbauer
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Guenter Leitenbauer

Male

PostSubject: a B&W take   Naja annulifera catatonic state Icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug - 3:37

Hope You like it.

Naja annulifera catatonic state Najaan10
Back to top Go down
ralf webbink
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2009-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Naja annulifera catatonic state   Naja annulifera catatonic state Icon_minitimeFri 21 Aug - 6:01

Nice shots guenter!
but me as an complete melanoleuca fanatic,wants to see their shots!
only if its not too much of an hastle offcourse!
Back to top Go down
René Meierkord
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2009-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Naja annulifera catatonic state   Naja annulifera catatonic state Icon_minitimeFri 21 Aug - 7:45

HI!

Nice pics...

But how you made it that the snake opens its mouth?
My couple is so friendly that they only open their mouth to eat and drink... Laughing

Regards,
Rene
Back to top Go down
Guenter Leitenbauer
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Guenter Leitenbauer

Male

PostSubject: Re: Naja annulifera catatonic state   Naja annulifera catatonic state Icon_minitimeFri 21 Aug - 14:27

As said before - it was in a catatonic state. No move, stiff as a stick and mouth open as shown here!
Back to top Go down
Lourance Klose
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Naja annulifera catatonic state   Naja annulifera catatonic state Icon_minitimeFri 21 Aug - 17:47

Really nice pics.

My big female N annulifera goes into that state at least once a month.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Naja annulifera catatonic state   Naja annulifera catatonic state Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Naja annulifera catatonic state
Page 1 of 1