VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

My Atheris Chlorechis and Squamigera

Go down 
+2
PeterMagnusson
Radek Benda
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Radek Benda
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Radek Benda

Male
Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2009-08-28

My Atheris Chlorechis and Squamigera Empty
PostSubject: My Atheris Chlorechis and Squamigera   My Atheris Chlorechis and Squamigera Icon_minitimeSun 30 Aug - 20:06

Hello,
here is a few photos of my Atheris collection.
Sorry for not very good images quality and my english too.. Embarassed

Atheris chlorechis 1.1
My Atheris Chlorechis and Squamigera Img_0212

Atheris chlorechis female
My Atheris Chlorechis and Squamigera Img_0011

Atheris Squamigera male
My Atheris Chlorechis and Squamigera Img_0110

Atheris Squamigera 1.1
My Atheris Chlorechis and Squamigera Img_0310
Back to top Go down
PeterMagnusson
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: My Atheris Chlorechis and Squamigera   My Atheris Chlorechis and Squamigera Icon_minitimeSun 30 Aug - 21:19

awsome animals!!
Back to top Go down
Radek Benda
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Radek Benda

Male

PostSubject: Re: My Atheris Chlorechis and Squamigera   My Atheris Chlorechis and Squamigera Icon_minitimeMon 31 Aug - 18:59

Thank You Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Derek Morgan
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Derek Morgan

Male
Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: My Atheris Chlorechis and Squamigera   My Atheris Chlorechis and Squamigera Icon_minitimeTue 1 Sep - 4:29

Very nice Radek! That's a very nice perspective in the first photo and I like it a lot. Nice squams, too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.arborealvipers.com
Radek Benda
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Radek Benda

Male

PostSubject: Re: My Atheris Chlorechis and Squamigera   My Atheris Chlorechis and Squamigera Icon_minitimeTue 1 Sep - 18:12

Thank you Derek. I'm glad you like it. :-)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Atheris Chlorechis and Squamigera   My Atheris Chlorechis and Squamigera Icon_minitimeTue 1 Sep - 20:57

very nice Cool
Back to top Go down
Alexander Jackson
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Alexander Jackson

Male
Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: My Atheris Chlorechis and Squamigera   My Atheris Chlorechis and Squamigera Icon_minitimeTue 1 Sep - 21:40

Hello!

Very beauty snakes almost unreal Smile

Regards,
Alexander
Back to top Go down
Radek Benda
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Radek Benda

Male

PostSubject: Re: My Atheris Chlorechis and Squamigera   My Atheris Chlorechis and Squamigera Icon_minitimeWed 2 Sep - 21:40

Many thanks for all Smile
Back to top Go down
Radek Benda
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Radek Benda

Male

PostSubject: Re: My Atheris Chlorechis and Squamigera   My Atheris Chlorechis and Squamigera Icon_minitimeWed 2 Sep - 22:00

Atheris Squamigera female

My Atheris Chlorechis and Squamigera Img_0014

My Atheris Chlorechis and Squamigera Img_0015

Copulating in juni Very Happy

My Atheris Chlorechis and Squamigera Img_0213

Atheris Chlorechis 1.0 imported form Ghana

My Atheris Chlorechis and Squamigera Img_0214

My first diseased snake A.chlorechis 0,1, (Psedomonas) and died in a week... Crying or Very sad

My Atheris Chlorechis and Squamigera Img_0215
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Atheris Chlorechis and Squamigera   My Atheris Chlorechis and Squamigera Icon_minitimeTue 8 Sep - 2:06

Very nice animals!
Back to top Go down
Radek Benda
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Radek Benda

Male

PostSubject: Some new photos (bigger)   My Atheris Chlorechis and Squamigera Icon_minitimeTue 29 Sep - 22:28

Atheris chlorechis 0,1 Imported
My Atheris Chlorechis and Squamigera Mt32ow

Atheris squamigera 0,1
My Atheris Chlorechis and Squamigera F2k47c

Atheris squamigera 0,1
My Atheris Chlorechis and Squamigera 2f08zgx
Back to top Go down
Radek Benda
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Radek Benda

Male

PostSubject: Male   My Atheris Chlorechis and Squamigera Icon_minitimeWed 30 Sep - 22:10

Atheris squamigera 1.0
My Atheris Chlorechis and Squamigera Img_0019

Atheris squamigera 1.0
My Atheris Chlorechis and Squamigera Img_0020
Back to top Go down
Derek Morgan
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Derek Morgan

Male

PostSubject: Re: My Atheris Chlorechis and Squamigera   My Atheris Chlorechis and Squamigera Icon_minitimeFri 2 Oct - 10:01

Wow Radek, your collection is growing rather well with some very nice animals. I'm glad to see that you enjoy chlorechis, which is typically underappreciated here in the states. It's a great species. Good luck with the squam breeding, too. That's a nice pair!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Atheris Chlorechis and Squamigera   My Atheris Chlorechis and Squamigera Icon_minitimeFri 2 Oct - 15:17

That green male squammy is striking in detail man. Good choice.
Back to top Go down
Rene Schenk
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Rene Schenk

Male
Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: My Atheris Chlorechis and Squamigera   My Atheris Chlorechis and Squamigera Icon_minitimeMon 5 Oct - 14:16

Hi Radek, you have just great animals. Gratulation.
I bought a couples af squams two jears ago from the Rep.Congo.
Two af them died just two to three weeks after, because of Pseudomonas.
But the others, 2 as well with Pseud. are still alive.
Greetings
Back to top Go down
Radek Benda
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Radek Benda

Male

PostSubject: Re: My Atheris Chlorechis and Squamigera   My Atheris Chlorechis and Squamigera Icon_minitimeTue 6 Oct - 3:45

Thank you Derek ! Very Happy Yes ,Atheris chlorechis is very nice snakes,and im lovin this species.. I like their character. Very calm and mild. Never happened to me that after I'd been fired... Very Happy I even have an individual with whom you can watch TV. Very Happy I'm obviously concerned at the handling, I write just for amusement. And is not recommended, there was one toxic species that are important ! But at Squamiger he gives more attention, even when singing softly. All of Atheris species is cool for me,but Squams and chlorechis I prefered litle more.. Very Happy And Ceratophoras is very beatiful too.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Radek Benda
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Radek Benda

Male

PostSubject: Re: My Atheris Chlorechis and Squamigera   My Atheris Chlorechis and Squamigera Icon_minitimeTue 6 Oct - 3:57

Hi Timothy,thank you Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Radek Benda
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Radek Benda

Male

PostSubject: Re: My Atheris Chlorechis and Squamigera   My Atheris Chlorechis and Squamigera Icon_minitimeTue 6 Oct - 4:42

Hello Rene :-)
My male Squam is from Congo too. :-) And no problems.
The key for me is DRY terrarium,too wet is big problem (in night time)-Pseudomas..
Spraying terrarium twice a week + pour plants separately. Squams spraying because of drinking in the morning. And good ventilation is also necessary. Higher temperatures are also good. 28-30 C no problem. Pseudomonas (salmonella) is most problem for Atheris species. I hate this bacteria.. Pseudomonas hits my - Atheris chlorechis 0,1 juvenil (two months old) in photography... Sad I probably brought it home already infected. And died within a week. Sad
You write about infected squams.. Sad
Survives infect others? Ist very bad ? How do you give them medical aid ?
Please write something about it for others. It could help ..
My friends sometimes use successfully Baytril,but the disease sometimes returns. Sad
Good luck and let you squamigers heal and stamina ..
Sorry for my bad english.
Back to top Go down
aristarxos politis
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
aristarxos politis

Male
Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2009-06-22

PostSubject: Re: My Atheris Chlorechis and Squamigera   My Atheris Chlorechis and Squamigera Icon_minitimeTue 6 Oct - 5:32

Hello mr Radek apart from baytril you can also use Garamycin i heard that it is much better...Anyway since i have a lack of experience please ask some more experianced keepers before you use it.Cheers Aris
Back to top Go down
Derek Morgan
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Derek Morgan

Male

PostSubject: Re: My Atheris Chlorechis and Squamigera   My Atheris Chlorechis and Squamigera Icon_minitimeTue 6 Oct - 6:19

I have used Fortaz for general respiratory and eye infections with great results. Others have mentioned seeing side effects with Fortaz, but I have seen none other than slightly swollen eye lenses with one animal. When I reduced the dosage, the eyes returned to normal.
Back to top Go down
Radek Benda
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Radek Benda

Male

PostSubject: Re: My Atheris Chlorechis and Squamigera   My Atheris Chlorechis and Squamigera Icon_minitimeThu 8 Oct - 21:29

Thank you guys. This informations is usable for all keepers.. Very Happy Is it possible use Fortaz or Garamycin to gravid female ? (theoretically)
Derek, I wanted to ask you. At what time pregnant female will stop eating? This is my first gravid squam female.. Copulating in 7 June, so juvenile, expected in December... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Derek Morgan
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Derek Morgan

Male

PostSubject: Re: My Atheris Chlorechis and Squamigera   My Atheris Chlorechis and Squamigera Icon_minitimeSun 11 Oct - 2:02

I have used Fortaz before with a gravid female and had no problems. I have never used Garamycin, however.

All females are different, Radek, and not all will go off of food. I've had several females who fed all the way through their pregnancies. But I also have females who stop feeding the moment they breed and they "think" they are gravid, but then they never produce babies. Most have stopped feeding by the time they are visibly gravid, however, so maybe around 3-4 months into it. Your female should start looking more robust soon enough if she is gravid. I would offer her food every 2-3 weeks and give her a smaller fuzzy, but don't be surprised if she stops accepting them. Gravid females will usually duck their heads and hide from the food when you offer it, so consider that a really good sign if you see it. Good luck!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Atheris Chlorechis and Squamigera   My Atheris Chlorechis and Squamigera Icon_minitimeTue 13 Oct - 14:27

Derek would you say it would be as effective injecting the Fortaz into a pink?
Back to top Go down
Radek Benda
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Radek Benda

Male

PostSubject: Re: My Atheris Chlorechis and Squamigera   My Atheris Chlorechis and Squamigera Icon_minitimeTue 13 Oct - 18:48

Hi, Derek.

Thank you, for very interesting answers. Very Happy On my Squam was visible in early pregnancy third month .. Now hiding his head in front of food. Take food from the beginning of gravidity in June ,to the end feeding in the end of August. I hope it goes well. Very Happy
Also I wish luck to you, in breeding these beautiful snakes....
Back to top Go down
Derek Morgan
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Derek Morgan

Male

PostSubject: Re: My Atheris Chlorechis and Squamigera   My Atheris Chlorechis and Squamigera Icon_minitimeTue 13 Oct - 20:14

Timothy Sieber wrote:
Derek would you say it would be as effective injecting the Fortaz into a pink?
TJ, using the injectible form of Fortaz to inject into a pinkie for consumption by the sick snake would be fruitless from what I understand. Perhaps there is an oral form of Fortaz you could use that way, but I am not aware of it. You'd have to check with your vet. I know there are at least two forms of Baytril and one is for oral consumption and can be injected into pinkies or the food item can be dipped in it. Luckily, I've only had to use these drugs a couple of times over the years, so I am not an expert with them.

Thanks Radek, maybe we'll both have baby photos soon! Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Atheris Chlorechis and Squamigera   My Atheris Chlorechis and Squamigera Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Atheris Chlorechis and Squamigera
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next