VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Cryptelytrops macrops

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jan Koetze
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2008-04-05

Cryptelytrops macrops Empty
PostSubject: Cryptelytrops macrops   Cryptelytrops macrops Icon_minitimeSun 6 Apr - 19:56

Nice animals with a strong character Very Happy I own a couple a have some offspring (21!) last year. Just like with the vogeli's i decide not to breed them this year.

Female
Cryptelytrops macrops Cmacropsa

Male
Cryptelytrops macrops Cmacropsb

Offspring
Cryptelytrops macrops 3on1

Jan
Back to top Go down
Mario Lutz
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Mario Lutz

Male
Number of posts : 1416
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Cryptelytrops macrops   Cryptelytrops macrops Icon_minitimeTue 8 Apr - 14:32

21?

thats a hell of a lot babies to raise - i sure understand your decision not to breed them this year!

cheers
Mario
Back to top Go down
http://www.venomland.org
Jan Koetze
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male

PostSubject: Re: Cryptelytrops macrops   Cryptelytrops macrops Icon_minitimeTue 8 Apr - 17:23

Mario Lutz wrote:
21?

thats a hell of a lot babies to raise - i sure understand your decision not to breed them this year!

cheers
Mario

Still having nightmares Crying or Very sad Ever tried to feed 21 angry snappers? Of course you did but if not i can ensure you that it's no fun at all.

I'll keep offspring always separated. Much easier to feed, to monitor and there is no risk that they are eating each other. For this i have build small units (see below). Each unit contains 5 small separate sections with a small water part. I was expecting 15 or so and thus 3 units where standby. How little did i know Sad At the end of the day i saw macrops every where. 15 in those units, 3 in small pots and when i ran out of pots i put in pure misery the last 3 in a small cage together Sad

And the nightmare seems to continue... In spite of the fact that they didn't pair up last year the female is getting bigger again.... she seemed to have save something pale These guys breed like mice!

Cryptelytrops macrops Macropsb11

Cryptelytrops macrops Macropsb10

Jan
Back to top Go down
Jörg Porstmann
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 243

PostSubject: Re: Cryptelytrops macrops   Cryptelytrops macrops Icon_minitimeTue 8 Apr - 17:37

This units called "stilage" here and I´m searching for too. There is nothing better than this.
  • You make light and temp for only one row and it work fine.
  • Because of the glass it is easy to steralize.
  • You have the control of each animal

At the moment im using 20l x20b x 40h spider terrariums with a drop down door in the front. That is practicabl but I would love to have this in a unit integrated in a kind of books shelf.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pit-viper.de
Mario Lutz
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Mario Lutz

Male

PostSubject: Re: Cryptelytrops macrops   Cryptelytrops macrops Icon_minitimeTue 8 Apr - 17:50

yep jan,

nobody told you its gonna be easy Razz
and yes, i know how it is! i have right now about 1350 snakes here, if all the pair i use for breeding all breed at the same time - then - good night! i have experienced once more that 200 Tropidolaemus babies at the same time. i would never do that again!

thats for sure!

i like your set up, but i told you this many times already.

cheers
Mario
Back to top Go down
Jan Koetze
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male

PostSubject: Re: Cryptelytrops macrops   Cryptelytrops macrops Icon_minitimeTue 8 Apr - 17:52

Jörg Porstmann wrote:
This units called "stilage"

They have a name? Very Happy That's funny, together with a friend of my i have let build these units for me. Custom made if you want. We made a drawing and a professional builder make them for me. Not very expensive, 40 euro (34 dollar) each i believe. You could do it yourself but i really hate cutting glass Very Happy

Jan
Back to top Go down
Jan Koetze
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male

PostSubject: Re: Cryptelytrops macrops   Cryptelytrops macrops Icon_minitimeTue 8 Apr - 17:58

@mario... let's do some math... 1350 / 2 = 675 * (avarage) 10 = 6750... yes... i'm sure.... i would kill myself with a rope.. or two ropes just to be sure... Very Happy

Jan
Back to top Go down
Jörg Porstmann
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 243

PostSubject: Re: Cryptelytrops macrops   Cryptelytrops macrops Icon_minitimeTue 8 Apr - 18:03

yes, they have a name.
Yes, glass cutting is not a nice work, so you can´t do it for 40 euros on your own.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pit-viper.de
Mario Lutz
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Mario Lutz

Male

PostSubject: Re: Cryptelytrops macrops   Cryptelytrops macrops Icon_minitimeTue 8 Apr - 18:42

Jan Koetze wrote:
@mario... let's do some math... 1350 / 2 = 675 * (avarage) 10 = 6750... yes... i'm sure.... i would kill myself with a rope.. or two ropes just to be sure... Very Happy

Jan

i was doing lots of math about this as well - thats why i have only very, very limited breeding-groups every year running.

right now, i have about 260 babies to take care of at the "nursery"

enough is enough!

cheers
Mario
Back to top Go down
Gustav Eloy
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Gustav Eloy

Male
Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Cryptelytrops macrops   Cryptelytrops macrops Icon_minitimeSun 18 Sep - 9:25

well guys this talks about great snakes in great conditions, so congratulations to all of you having all those baby's hehe at the same time I feel sorry for you because you don`t even have time for a nap hehe
the sad thing is that we live very far away because I would love to help you taking care of those beauty's.
by the way how are those baby's doing??
regards
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cryptelytrops macrops   Cryptelytrops macrops Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cryptelytrops macrops
Page 1 of 1