VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

A Walk Around the Farm

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TOM_CRUTCHFIELD
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
TOM_CRUTCHFIELD

Male
Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2009-12-06

A Walk Around the Farm Empty
PostSubject: A Walk Around the Farm   A Walk Around the Farm Icon_minitimeSat 6 Feb - 7:14

Here is a picture walk around my reptile farm in Homestead, Florida:

Reptile Buildings 1, 2, and 3. We have four reptile buildings at this time.
A Walk Around the Farm Tc_fac22

Right Side of Building 1.
A Walk Around the Farm Tc_fac23

Left Side of Building 1.
A Walk Around the Farm Tc_fac24

Tom Crutchfield in Building 1.
A Walk Around the Farm Tc_fac39

Right Side of Building 2.
A Walk Around the Farm Tc_fac25

Left Side of Building 2.
A Walk Around the Farm Tc_fac26

In Building 2.
A Walk Around the Farm Tc_fac27

Cyclura and Iguana Breeding Facilities.
A Walk Around the Farm Tc_fac28

Rhinocerous Iguana, Cyclura cornuta, breeding cage.
A Walk Around the Farm Tc_fac29

Concrete Breeding Pens.
A Walk Around the Farm Tc_fac30

Diamond Pythons in a concrete breeding pen.
A Walk Around the Farm Tc_fac31

Cages for growing hatchling Iguanas in the Springtime.
A Walk Around the Farm Tc_fac32

Facilities for growing medium size Iguanas.
A Walk Around the Farm Tc_fac33

Breeder Albino Iguanas with Red Iguana female on floor of cage.
A Walk Around the Farm Tc_fac34

Breeder Albino Iguanas with Red Iguana female on floor of cage. Can you imagine what morph this would possibly make? Glowing Pink or Red Albino Iguanas?
A Walk Around the Farm Tc_fac35

Nesting Box on back of Iguana cage. Our outdoor cages have underground water and electricity.
A Walk Around the Farm Tc_fac40

Inside the Nesting Box. A spot lamp for heat is necessary for certain times of the year even in South Florida.
A Walk Around the Farm Tc_fac41

Albino Snapping Turtle breeding vat.
A Walk Around the Farm Tc_fac38

Albino Red Ear Slider breeding vat.
A Walk Around the Farm Tc_fac14

Last edited by TOM_CRUTCHFIELD on Sat 6 Feb - 8:39; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.tomcrutchfield.com
Andrew Hacket
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Andrew Hacket

Male
Number of posts : 448
Registration date : 2008-04-27

PostSubject: Re: A Walk Around the Farm   A Walk Around the Farm Icon_minitimeSat 6 Feb - 8:06

Nice to see you Tom , yous got balls keeping your diamonds outside , that for temperature reasons? cooling etc ?

Lekker
Andrew
Back to top Go down
René Meierkord
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2009-06-28

PostSubject: Re: A Walk Around the Farm   A Walk Around the Farm Icon_minitimeSat 6 Feb - 8:16

Fantastic!!!

You don´t need one more employee? Smile

Kind regards,
Rene
Back to top Go down
TOM_CRUTCHFIELD
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
TOM_CRUTCHFIELD

Male

PostSubject: Re: A Walk Around the Farm   A Walk Around the Farm Icon_minitimeSat 6 Feb - 9:41

Andrew Hacket wrote:
Nice to see you Tom , yous got balls keeping your diamonds outside , that for temperature reasons? cooling etc ?

Lekker
Andrew

Hello Andrew. We successfully bred our Diamond Pythons using this method on the first attempt last year. They are indeed pure Diamonds. They are kept outside all year round. I am located almost 40 miles South of Miami, almost to Key Largo. There is a heat lamp that is kept on during the cold times of the year, even in South Florida. If it approaches 40F - 32F, plastic is put up over the front of the concrete cage. Only when the female Diamond is visibly gravid, is she taken to a private cage inside building 1 so she can deposit her eggs where we can quickly and easily find them. After she lays her eggs, she is fed until she is no longer thin and then placed back outside with the other Diamonds.

From my experience, it is indeed the temperature and the Diamond's ability to thermoregulate successfully which is the key to this species. The Diamond Pythons need to be exposed to temperatures that are quite warm in summer and then cool in winter. The key is for the snake to be able to bask/thermoregulate when the cool season is upon it. Therefore the heat lamp is turned on in the onset of cool/cold weather. Always remember that DIAMOND PYTHONS DO NOT HIBERNATE IN THE COOL/COLD WEATHER. They must have a heat lamp to bask under at this time of year and get VERY warm; warm enough to feed and digest, but the light is only meant to heat one spot in the cage. They will bask under the lamp on their own when they need to, unless the Diamond is sick to begin with. Do not use heat mats. Overhead spot light is the key. The Diamond Python will successfully breed given these parameters. Here are some pictures of the process:

Notice most of the Diamonds are in the area of the spot lamp in a breeding ball.
A Walk Around the Farm Tc_fac31

Copulating Diamond Pythons.
A Walk Around the Farm Diamon10

A Walk Around the Farm Diamon12

Female Diamond Python Incubating her eggs. The eggs are removed to an incubator.
A Walk Around the Farm Crutch10

One of our baby Diamond Pythons at 6 months of age.
A Walk Around the Farm Diamon11
Back to top Go down
Andrew Hacket
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Andrew Hacket

Male
Number of posts : 448
Registration date : 2008-04-27

PostSubject: Re: A Walk Around the Farm   A Walk Around the Farm Icon_minitimeSun 7 Feb - 17:56

Hey Tom , Very very Interesting , I prefer the ''white colored'' diamond python variety , those are nice ones. How's their attitude ? I know bredli are by far the most mellow and relaxed of all my aussie pythons , how do these compare in personality ?

I saw you pricing on kingsnake , have u had much interest ? If they are difficult to breed perhaps their market value will hold nicely as it deserves to.

Apparently many years ago the american market was flooded with diamond pythons but then suddenly they dissapeared I presume they all died ?

Kiff
Andrew
Back to top Go down
TOM_CRUTCHFIELD
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
TOM_CRUTCHFIELD

Male

PostSubject: Re: A Walk Around the Farm   A Walk Around the Farm Icon_minitimeSun 7 Feb - 21:39

I only have 1.2 left surplus from last year. The reason there was a lot many years ago was when a few people were breeding them like Erci Scov. Diamonds are extremely difficult to breed because if you brumate them like other snakes they usually die. The key is cold at night and allowed to choose their body temps the next day. Most people either can't provide that or don't understand that and usually get infertile eggs if any at all. Diamonds are extremely tame and nice...
Back to top Go down
Sascha Beckhoff
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Sascha Beckhoff

Male
Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2010-01-14

PostSubject: Re: A Walk Around the Farm   A Walk Around the Farm Icon_minitimeSun 7 Feb - 21:43

hey tom,awesome job!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Walk Around the Farm   A Walk Around the Farm Icon_minitimeSun 7 Feb - 22:45

Mate how do you deal with all? It would make my head explode Smile

Thanks
Yasin
Back to top Go down
TOM_CRUTCHFIELD
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
TOM_CRUTCHFIELD

Male

PostSubject: Re: A Walk Around the Farm   A Walk Around the Farm Icon_minitimeSun 7 Feb - 22:52

We do probably breed the greatest variety in Herpeoculture today. The good thing is that we are well experienced with all Herps except for Sphenodon so it's not a learn as you go project. It is, however, a big responsibility and investment but I LOVE the critters. Believe it or not this is my retirement...LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Walk Around the Farm   A Walk Around the Farm Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Walk Around the Farm
Page 1 of 1