VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

B. d. dendrophila - Yellow and White banded variants

Go down 
+3
Rainer Fesser
Paul Rowley
Charlotte Goble
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Charlotte Goble

Female
Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2010-02-26

B. d. dendrophila - Yellow and White banded variants Empty
PostSubject: B. d. dendrophila - Yellow and White banded variants   B. d. dendrophila - Yellow and White banded variants Icon_minitimeThu 4 Mar - 19:40

Here's a species that is such a pleasure to keep, awkward to feed as they were WC and only in captivity since Jan '09, but day old quails do the trick Smile

They are something I dreamed of for years, they are characterful even if they hide all day, I just love them I love you

Java the yellow one first

B. d. dendrophila - Yellow and White banded variants Yellowboiga

B. d. dendrophila - Yellow and White banded variants Boigababy

B. d. dendrophila - Yellow and White banded variants Boigababy3

B. d. dendrophila - Yellow and White banded variants Boigababy4

B. d. dendrophila - Yellow and White banded variants Java

B. d. dendrophila - Yellow and White banded variants Rar
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Goble

Female

PostSubject: Re: B. d. dendrophila - Yellow and White banded variants   B. d. dendrophila - Yellow and White banded variants Icon_minitimeThu 4 Mar - 20:18

You've met this guy already, he is of course called Bali Very Happy

B. d. dendrophila - Yellow and White banded variants Whiteboiga8

When they arrived, this one had a nasty bit of "dry neck" a combination of dysecdysis leaving deformed scales and then retained shed on those areas causing pinched malformed bits, they had sadly been kept bone dry on paper by their first incredibly inexperienced keeper Crying or Very sad
The good news is that given an appropriate environment he shed out the problem quite quickly cheers

B. d. dendrophila - Yellow and White banded variants Whiteboiga2

B. d. dendrophila - Yellow and White banded variants Scabby

This animal is a much better feeder than the yellow and black striped, it's also much fiestier!
B. d. dendrophila - Yellow and White banded variants Boigy2

B. d. dendrophila - Yellow and White banded variants Boigy5

B. d. dendrophila - Yellow and White banded variants Boigy4

Last edited by Charlotte Goble on Thu 4 Mar - 20:22; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Goble

Female

PostSubject: Re: B. d. dendrophila - Yellow and White banded variants   B. d. dendrophila - Yellow and White banded variants Icon_minitimeThu 4 Mar - 20:21

B. d. dendrophila - Yellow and White banded variants Bali

B. d. dendrophila - Yellow and White banded variants Bali4

B. d. dendrophila - Yellow and White banded variants Aww
Back to top Go down
Paul Rowley
Systematicus
Systematicus

Male
Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: B. d. dendrophila - Yellow and White banded variants   B. d. dendrophila - Yellow and White banded variants Icon_minitimeThu 4 Mar - 21:25

Looking Good!
Back to top Go down
Rainer Fesser
Systematicus
Systematicus

Male
Number of posts : 565
Registration date : 2008-03-13

PostSubject: Re: B. d. dendrophila - Yellow and White banded variants   B. d. dendrophila - Yellow and White banded variants Icon_minitimeFri 5 Mar - 3:11

Hello Charlotte,

congratulations, they are beauties. Thank you for letting us participate.

Rainer
Back to top Go down
Fabian Dirks
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Fabian Dirks

Male
Number of posts : 766
Registration date : 2009-01-07

PostSubject: Re: B. d. dendrophila - Yellow and White banded variants   B. d. dendrophila - Yellow and White banded variants Icon_minitimeFri 5 Mar - 3:44

Nice to see such beautiful snakes in good hands
Back to top Go down
http://www.rear-fanged.com
Guenter Leitenbauer
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Guenter Leitenbauer

Male
Number of posts : 1389
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: B. d. dendrophila - Yellow and White banded variants   B. d. dendrophila - Yellow and White banded variants Icon_minitimeFri 5 Mar - 15:02

Reflecting to the first picture: Do You handle them barehanded? I know the venom is not that strong, are they calm or rather wild?
Back to top Go down
http://www.leitenbauer.net
Fabian Dirks
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Fabian Dirks

Male
Number of posts : 766
Registration date : 2009-01-07

PostSubject: Re: B. d. dendrophila - Yellow and White banded variants   B. d. dendrophila - Yellow and White banded variants Icon_minitimeFri 5 Mar - 19:21

Hehe. The venom is as strong as every normal Toxin. It is a 3 Finger Toxin called Denmotoxin. The lack of a large amount make the whole think better and the position of the fangs
However, Boiga dendrophila can give nasty bite due to their size
I have published some pics last week on my site
http://www.rear-fanged.com/boiga.html
Back to top Go down
http://www.rear-fanged.com
Guenter Leitenbauer
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Guenter Leitenbauer

Male
Number of posts : 1389
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: B. d. dendrophila - Yellow and White banded variants   B. d. dendrophila - Yellow and White banded variants Icon_minitimeFri 5 Mar - 19:47

Fabian Dirks wrote:

I have published some pics last week on my site
http://www.rear-fanged.com/boiga.html

Interesting ... especially for a neurotoxic venom as You write.

http://www.gifte.de/Gifttiere/biss_boiga_dendrophila_bild01.htm
http://www.jbc.org/content/early/2006/07/24/jbc.M605850200.full.pdf
Back to top Go down
http://www.leitenbauer.net
Charlotte Goble

Female

PostSubject: Re: B. d. dendrophila - Yellow and White banded variants   B. d. dendrophila - Yellow and White banded variants Icon_minitimeFri 5 Mar - 21:32

Guenter;

Don't worry I expected someone might ask! Smile
These animals were very docile when I first picked them up, they were so stressed out that they made no efforts to react but sat there salivating with rage!!!
The picture was taken immediately after they arrived, the previous owner had had a mite infestation in his collection that was supposedly cleared ( Rolling Eyes ) so I wanted to inspect them very very closely just the first time.

I did not approach or try to feed them for four weeks after their arrival, I was very pleased to see genuine dendrophila attitude when I did come to work with them after this de-stressing period.
The Yellow acts much cooler but likes to suprise attack now and then, while the White is always puffed up and ready to go from the second he see's you.

I handle them only with a mini hook and tail method (they absolutely refuse to submit to hooks so must be kept hold of unless you want to have to catch them from under your furniture...) they are not freehandled and they are not handled for any other purpose than feeding time Smile

As Fabian says, they are to be taken quite seriously, I would be no happier to be bitten badly by one of these than by the Bothriechis at work for instance, I treat them as seriously.
Back to top Go down
Oliver-Peip Lee

Male
Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-11-13

PostSubject: Re: B. d. dendrophila - Yellow and White banded variants   B. d. dendrophila - Yellow and White banded variants Icon_minitimeSat 6 Mar - 4:19

Absloutely beautyful snakes.

My B. d. gemmicinta used to be tame also. I got to handle him without hooks and gloves, but nowdays he's really snapy and I don't like to take chances. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Daniel Quinton
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2012-07-15

PostSubject: Re: B. d. dendrophila - Yellow and White banded variants   B. d. dendrophila - Yellow and White banded variants Icon_minitimeTue 17 Jul - 5:05

I found my white striped male to be much calmer than my yellows, although he did manage to give me a pretty nasty envenomation (that was completely my fault of course). He definitely was the best eater of all the dendros I have had, he took straight to unscented mice like they were his natural prey...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: B. d. dendrophila - Yellow and White banded variants   B. d. dendrophila - Yellow and White banded variants Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

B. d. dendrophila - Yellow and White banded variants
Page 1 of 1