VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Stunning little kaouthia

Go down 
+2
Jason Bruno
Tom Charlton
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Tom Charlton
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Stunning little kaouthia Empty
PostSubject: Stunning little kaouthia   Stunning little kaouthia Icon_minitimeTue 30 Mar - 23:29

Check how this stunning little baby has developed.

When he first hatched:

Stunning little kaouthia 20146_466910945065_740380065_10939968_6105375_n

After the 1st shed:

Stunning little kaouthia 24240_10150094651275066_740380065_11211280_7337628_n

And finally, after the 2nd shed yesterday:

Stunning little kaouthia 24370_10150146238800066_740380065_11593359_2991284_n

Im looking forward to seeing how it continues to develop!

cheers, Tom
Back to top Go down
http://www.venomlogic.com
Jason Bruno
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Jason Bruno

Male
Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2009-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Stunning little kaouthia   Stunning little kaouthia Icon_minitimeWed 31 Mar - 2:13

Absolutely beautiful!!! Very nice. Great looking Kaouthia and I personnelly enjoy seeing animals with more of a natural color than some of the color morphs. I'm actually selling ALL of my Kaouthia to concentrate on the Aspidelaps family and get back to why I have such a passion for Elapids. Thank you for sharing your animal.
Back to top Go down
Randy Ciuros
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Randy Ciuros

Male
Number of posts : 585
Registration date : 2008-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Stunning little kaouthia   Stunning little kaouthia Icon_minitimeWed 31 Mar - 2:23

Very cool Tom. I have been toying with the idea of experimenting along those lines. As long as species are not crossed, I am all for color and pattern morphs. If it can happen in the wild, it is ok to do it in captivity. Though some species of snakes can and do cross-breed in the wild, I am not a fan of doing it in captivity.

Good job Tom

Randy
Back to top Go down
http://www.venomstreet.com
René Meierkord
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2009-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Stunning little kaouthia   Stunning little kaouthia Icon_minitimeWed 31 Mar - 2:43

HI!

My female kaouthia from 2008 looks same but the "binocle"-Pattern.
Stunning liddle co!bra!!!

Are more babies from this clutch look like this?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stunning little kaouthia   Stunning little kaouthia Icon_minitimeWed 31 Mar - 5:10

He is incredible. You are a lucky man. Did you produce him?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stunning little kaouthia   Stunning little kaouthia Icon_minitimeWed 31 Mar - 5:36

What is the locale mate?

Stunning little Naja.
Back to top Go down
Tom Charlton
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Stunning little kaouthia   Stunning little kaouthia Icon_minitimeWed 31 Mar - 19:22

Thanks everyone, i had two that looked like this hatch out from my suphan x het. suphan pairing earlier this year. I was only expecting to get suphans and het. suphans out of the clutch and ended up with 3 amel. suphans and 2 of these aswell.

cheers, Tom
Back to top Go down
http://www.venomlogic.com
Christian Moisander
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Christian Moisander

Male
Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2008-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Stunning little kaouthia   Stunning little kaouthia Icon_minitimeWed 31 Mar - 21:55

What a piece of eye-candy. Must've been a nice surprise to get two like this hatch out.
Really beautiful color and pattern.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stunning little kaouthia   Stunning little kaouthia Icon_minitimeFri 2 Apr - 9:42

Jason Bruno wrote:
Absolutely beautiful!!! Very nice. Great looking Kaouthia and I personnelly enjoy seeing animals with more of a natural color than some of the color morphs. I'm actually selling ALL of my Kaouthia to concentrate on the Aspidelaps family and get back to why I have such a passion for Elapids. Thank you for sharing your animal.

Come on mate....Aspidelaps genus, not family. Smile Elapidae is the family. Smile

I still say you shouldn't sell the Monocleds.....They're great snakes! Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stunning little kaouthia   Stunning little kaouthia Icon_minitimeFri 2 Apr - 9:44

Oh, and Tom....Thats a bloody great animal! He looks like he's doubled in size!
Back to top Go down
Jason Bruno
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Jason Bruno

Male

PostSubject: Re: Stunning little kaouthia   Stunning little kaouthia Icon_minitimeFri 2 Apr - 12:00

HAHAHA thanks James. LOL. I love owning and breeding Elapids and the Aspidelaps is what I'm more interrested in working with. Monocleds are a dime a dozen here in the states, just pick a color or pattern, but Aspidelaps aren't that readily available here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stunning little kaouthia   Stunning little kaouthia Icon_minitimeFri 2 Apr - 14:00

Jason Bruno wrote:
HAHAHA thanks James. LOL. I love owning and breeding Elapids and the Aspidelaps is what I'm more interrested in working with. Monocleds are a dime a dozen here in the states, just pick a color or pattern, but Aspidelaps aren't that readily available here.

Nahhhh.....Really he means he preferes the milder venom of the Aspidelaps.....He told me it goes down well with a beer or two.....LOL!! HAHAHAHA.

Do never define down any venomous snakes, even they are known as "mildly venomous"!
Under some unlucky circumstances, you won't even have the time to drink a beer.
More seriousness please, James!

Peter

*Runs and hides!!!* bounce
Back to top Go down
Jason Bruno
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Jason Bruno

Male

PostSubject: Re: Stunning little kaouthia   Stunning little kaouthia Icon_minitimeFri 2 Apr - 22:44

James....James....James, dude you have to think, I do have some people to prove wrong....YES!! Make it happen dude!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stunning little kaouthia   Stunning little kaouthia Icon_minitimeFri 2 Apr - 23:27

I agree with not underestimating any front fanged venomous snake. Especially a genus that killed people in the past BUT;

since our mods are being very careful about this kind of thing, I do not understand how they allow people writing their observations about an untreated mamba bite. I mean if a kid sees that topic and assumes the same dumb-A** luck will happen to him/her, then the mods of this forum should share the blame.
Back to top Go down
Peter Zürcher
Admin
Admin
Peter Zürcher

Male
Number of posts : 1266
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Stunning little kaouthia   Stunning little kaouthia Icon_minitimeSat 3 Apr - 0:03

I can see quite a difference between that casual report, where it has been clearly pointed out by several posters that it might be risky and stupid to stand a Dendroaspis bite without getting immediately proper medical control and foolish jokes about treating snakebites with beer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.reptilienzoonockalm.at

PostSubject: Re: Stunning little kaouthia   Stunning little kaouthia Icon_minitimeSat 3 Apr - 0:07

It wasn't foolish, nor was I refering to treating it with beer, infact I was refering to "drinking" venom as a joke, as some idiots do it!
Back to top Go down
Peter Zürcher
Admin
Admin
Peter Zürcher

Male
Number of posts : 1266
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Stunning little kaouthia   Stunning little kaouthia Icon_minitimeSat 3 Apr - 0:26

I understood it that way, and others too.
Maybe you should learn to express you more clearly - even i would prefer to see you stop playing a court jester here - at least in difficult and serious matters like venoms and envenomations.
Back to top Go down
http://www.reptilienzoonockalm.at

PostSubject: Re: Stunning little kaouthia   Stunning little kaouthia Icon_minitimeSat 3 Apr - 0:29

Peter Zürcher wrote:
I understood it that way, and others too.
Maybe you should learn to express you more clearly - even i would prefer to see you stop playing a court jester here - at least in difficult and serious matters like venoms and envenomations.

Respect Peter! Total respect!

Disclaimer:

Under no circumstances do I reccomend that any individual orally consumes venom, neither injects it. And I do not reccomend riding out envenomated bites, especially those that do not have Antivenom available such as Aspidelaps species, and others.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stunning little kaouthia   Stunning little kaouthia Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stunning little kaouthia
Page 1 of 1