VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

My Deinagkistrodon acutus

Go down 
+2
Markus Gottlieb
Peter Zürcher
6 posters
AuthorMessage

My Deinagkistrodon acutus Empty
PostSubject: My Deinagkistrodon acutus   My Deinagkistrodon acutus Icon_minitimeThu 1 Apr - 17:09

Hi there,

I've got actually 2.2.0 Deinagkistrodon acutus. They are from 2005 and 2006. They should get in breeding this year.

I've got both darker and brighter colours. I've been asking around for a couple of times if the coloration (bright or darker) have something to do with an hypothetic goegraphical range?

Here detail of the head of a brighter one.
My Deinagkistrodon acutus Dsc_0033
in the terrarium
My Deinagkistrodon acutus Dsc_0034.

A general view of two specimens, the blue thing on the side is a 1m long stick.
The brighter one
My Deinagkistrodon acutus Dsc_0036
The darker one.
My Deinagkistrodon acutus Dsc_0037

Cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Deinagkistrodon acutus   My Deinagkistrodon acutus Icon_minitimeThu 1 Apr - 17:56

Very nice! Wish you the best of luck with them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Deinagkistrodon acutus   My Deinagkistrodon acutus Icon_minitimeFri 2 Apr - 14:07

I have heard these are very foul snakes, both in temperment, and venom....

Has anybody noticed that with working with these? Has there been much research done on them? Is Antivenom available?
Back to top Go down
Peter Zürcher
Admin
Admin
Peter Zürcher

Male
Number of posts : 1266
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: My Deinagkistrodon acutus   My Deinagkistrodon acutus Icon_minitimeFri 2 Apr - 14:57

Quote :
Is Antivenom available?

http://www.google.at/search?q=Deinagkistrodon+acutus+antivenom&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla🇩🇪official&client=firefox-a
Back to top Go down
http://www.reptilienzoonockalm.at
Markus Gottlieb
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Markus Gottlieb

Male
Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: My Deinagkistrodon acutus   My Deinagkistrodon acutus Icon_minitimeFri 2 Apr - 16:41

James Mintram wrote:
I have heard these are very foul snakes, both in temperment, and venom....

A snake that strikes immediately fast and exact on anything that moves and/or is warm, and a little nightmare to handle when they are not in the mood to....and mine are never in the mood to Very Happy
they are more trying to run away(damn fast for such a big snake) if you disturb them than trying to bite you....but i never came into their range...so obviously they would bite as soon you are close enough...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Deinagkistrodon acutus   My Deinagkistrodon acutus Icon_minitimeTue 6 Apr - 19:36

awesome spiecies Cool the dark one is stunning
Back to top Go down
Jon Davidson
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Jon Davidson

Male
Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2009-02-28

PostSubject: Re: My Deinagkistrodon acutus   My Deinagkistrodon acutus Icon_minitimeTue 6 Apr - 23:01

Beautiful specimens, Mr. Carretero; no matter what the colouration. Thanks for posting this. Please let us know if you produce any young. Sincerely, Jon Davidson .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Deinagkistrodon acutus   My Deinagkistrodon acutus Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul - 22:43

So, I keep it up. The female who's supposed to be soon egg laying seems to let me wait on her...
My Deinagkistrodon acutus Dsc_0015

And some others shoots from the different adults....
My Deinagkistrodon acutus Dsc_0016

My Deinagkistrodon acutus Dsc_0017
Back to top Go down
Michael Yang
Michael Yang

Male
Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2012-12-20

PostSubject: Re: My Deinagkistrodon acutus   My Deinagkistrodon acutus Icon_minitimeTue 12 Mar - 1:42

hello,lucas。they are really beatiful。but i want to know which material you use in the cage? thanks.
Back to top Go down
Gustav Eloy
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Gustav Eloy

Male
Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: My Deinagkistrodon acutus   My Deinagkistrodon acutus Icon_minitimeTue 12 Mar - 3:40

very cool specimens but how hard to keep and how aggressive are they??

keep updating regards
Back to top Go down
Liang Guo
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2012-12-15

PostSubject: Re: My Deinagkistrodon acutus   My Deinagkistrodon acutus Icon_minitimeSat 20 Apr - 0:53

Oh,one of the most famous vipers in my country...
But I have never keep one...why? I thought I dont like the setup some keepers gave to it:wet,no too high temperature... and it's very aggressive...
When it was a baby,feeding is a problem becoz most of the babies ate toads and hard to feed pink mouses...

Here I have a small story about it and you could know why this snake is so famous in my country.
In the tang dynasty,a emperor declared taxes could be replaced with the D.acutus,becoz he believed this snake was a panacea.So,many poor people tried to catch this snake for taxes exemption, regardless of the death.But few people had the skill to catch the toxic vipers,some people died and some people gave up.A successful D.acutus hunter,would keep the spoils carefully until it was levied.
Today some people keep them for milking venom.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Deinagkistrodon acutus   My Deinagkistrodon acutus Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Deinagkistrodon acutus
Page 1 of 1