VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Am I the only one ?????

Go down 
+6
Frank Weinsheimer
Randy Ciuros
Harold van der Ploeg
Peter Pastor
Mario Lutz
Marty Huxstep
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Marty Huxstep

Male
Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-04-25

Am I the only one ????? Empty
PostSubject: Am I the only one ?????   Am I the only one ????? Icon_minitimeSat 26 Apr - 10:05

Am I the only member working with Aspidelaps ?? I hope not... Let me hear from others please...

Thanks,
Marty
Back to top Go down
Mario Lutz
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Mario Lutz

Male
Number of posts : 1416
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one ?????   Am I the only one ????? Icon_minitimeSat 26 Apr - 11:54

Hi Marty,

Gavin in south africa works with Aspidelaps species...
my Aspidelaps will arrive this summer here (cant wait any longer!), so we can talk about them later this year, i certainly will ask you lots of questions.

cheers
Mario
Back to top Go down
http://www.venomland.org
Peter Pastor
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Peter Pastor

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2008-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one ?????   Am I the only one ????? Icon_minitimeSat 26 Apr - 15:14

We have in our collection also 2.2 of Aspidelaps lubricus lubricus. They are very nice, hope to breed them later, maybe already this year...

Welcome on the forum, Marty.

Best regards,
Peter P.
Back to top Go down
Harold van der Ploeg
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Harold van der Ploeg

Male
Number of posts : 282
Registration date : 2008-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one ?????   Am I the only one ????? Icon_minitimeSun 27 Apr - 6:01

I like Aspidelaps ssp. too. I've kept and bred them for several years now, and these little elapids are still big fun to work with!

I have an adult breedinggroup of Aspidelaps lubricus lubricus with 3 females and I have some back up animals. At least one of the females is pregant again Very Happy
Hopefully the others too.

Are there any scutatus-breeders over here?

Cheers,
Harold
Back to top Go down
http://www.venomenal.com
Marty Huxstep

Male

PostSubject: Harold...   Am I the only one ????? Icon_minitimeSun 27 Apr - 10:32

I believe that Sam at Glades Herp in Bushnell, Florida may be working with scutatus, however, I'm not sure.

Also, I have a 2.2 Aspidelaps l. lubricus that are about 1.5 years old now so they are not yet ready to breed. When they are ready, I would like to talk to you regarding the environmental requirements, i.e. temps, light, humidity, etc.

Jim Keenan of HomeGrownHerps, a member here, has bred them in the past by treating them exactly the same as Corn Snakes (Pantherophis g. guttata).

I look forward to hearing of your experiences...

Thank you,
Marty
Back to top Go down
Randy Ciuros
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Randy Ciuros

Male
Number of posts : 585
Registration date : 2008-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one ?????   Am I the only one ????? Icon_minitimeSun 27 Apr - 11:11

I'm trying to talk a friend out of his 1.2 adults, but may only have luck getting babies. He thinks one of the females is gravid now. I'm supposed to be forst on the list for babies or the adults.
Back to top Go down
http://www.venomstreet.com
Frank Weinsheimer
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Frank Weinsheimer

Male
Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2008-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one ?????   Am I the only one ????? Icon_minitimeSun 27 Apr - 16:49

Hello,

I keep 1,1 Aspidelaps scutatus scutatus. I bought them as Aspidelaps scutatus intermedius, but the scalecount says it´s A. s. scutatus without any doubt. They are about 40 cm now, so it will last until next year to start any breeding experiments. Hope to have luck with these animals. They behave like little evil sausages! Everytime puffing and strinking with closed mouth, funny to look at this strangelooking snakes.

Best wishes

Frank
Back to top Go down
Harold van der Ploeg
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Harold van der Ploeg

Male

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one ?????   Am I the only one ????? Icon_minitimeMon 28 Apr - 4:32

I wish you luck Frank! They seem to be more difficult to breed then lubricus ssp.

Here some pictures of some hatching lubricus:

Am I the only one ????? Lubricus_CB07_PICT7777

Am I the only one ????? Lubricus_CB07_PICT7778

Am I the only one ????? Lubricus_CB07_PICT7784

Am I the only one ????? Lubricus_CB07_PICT7792

Am I the only one ????? Lubricus_CB07_PICT7793

Am I the only one ????? Lubricus_CB07_PICT7796

Am I the only one ????? Lubricus_PICT7812

Cheers,
Harold
Back to top Go down
Andrew Hacket
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Andrew Hacket

Male
Number of posts : 448

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one ?????   Am I the only one ????? Icon_minitimeMon 28 Apr - 6:46

Harold those hatching photographs are excellent pictures , I too have specimens of this in my collection but from many different locations within my country...

Please view this specimens , they are all different locations.

Am I the only one ????? IMG_0038

Am I the only one ????? IMG_0040

Am I the only one ????? IMG_0041

Am I the only one ????? IMG_0003-2

Am I the only one ????? IMG_0004-2

Am I the only one ????? IMG_0004-2

Am I the only one ????? IMG_0007-2

Am I the only one ????? IMG_0014-2

Am I the only one ????? IMG_0016-1

Last edited by Andrew Hacket on Tue 20 Jan - 0:27; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Harold van der Ploeg
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Harold van der Ploeg

Male

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one ?????   Am I the only one ????? Icon_minitimeMon 28 Apr - 16:54

WOW, great looking snakes! I have seldom seen specimens with such a bright orange coloration! Stunning!

Cheers,
Harold
Back to top Go down
Randy Ciuros
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Randy Ciuros

Male
Number of posts : 585
Registration date : 2008-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one ?????   Am I the only one ????? Icon_minitimeMon 28 Apr - 22:04

I second what Harold said. I've never seen live or pictures of them that were that bright, until now of course. I've seen pretty ones here in the USA but nothing like that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.venomstreet.com
Andrew Hacket
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Andrew Hacket

Male

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one ?????   Am I the only one ????? Icon_minitimeTue 29 Apr - 13:31

Very nice indeed , the second specimen is from Craig van rensberg , this male was very agressive and not a good breeding specimen for his shy female , maybe with our female we will have better luck , I hope so as it is a pure specimen and flawless in color and pattern.
Thanks Craig !!

More pics of pure specimens to follow...
Back to top Go down
Marty Huxstep

Male

PostSubject: Harold and Andrew...   Am I the only one ????? Icon_minitimeTue 29 Apr - 13:38

I am totally impressed with the photography and the incredible specimens !!!! I have 2.2, growing them up right now, mine are awesome but the colors on yours were absolutely outstanding.

AWESOMME, AWESOME, AWESOME !!!

Marty
Back to top Go down
Mario Lutz
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Mario Lutz

Male

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one ?????   Am I the only one ????? Icon_minitimeTue 29 Apr - 13:41

Andrew, are you nuts? showing me this pictures? you are a mad man - making me crying here about this AWESOME looking snakes!!!!

if you ever let some of them go - give ma a ring man!

thanks, also to harold for the beautiful photos..

cheers
Mario
Back to top Go down
Benjamin Lutz
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Benjamin Lutz

Male
Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2008-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one ?????   Am I the only one ????? Icon_minitimeTue 29 Apr - 15:01

By the way why don't we have some of these beauty's , DAD?? Question

Greetz Ben
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-reptileman.com
Mario Lutz
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Mario Lutz

Male

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one ?????   Am I the only one ????? Icon_minitimeTue 29 Apr - 18:46

we will son, we will..

cheers
Mario
Back to top Go down
Andrew Hacket
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Andrew Hacket

Male

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one ?????   Am I the only one ????? Icon_minitimeTue 20 Jan - 0:32

Here is a new pure specimen that join our breeding group from Namaqualand.

Am I the only one ????? IMG_3963
Am I the only one ????? IMG_3965
Am I the only one ????? IMG_3968
Am I the only one ????? IMG_3971
Back to top Go down
Fabian Dirks
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Fabian Dirks

Male
Number of posts : 766
Registration date : 2009-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one ?????   Am I the only one ????? Icon_minitimeTue 20 Jan - 1:05

awesom specimen. looks more red then oter lubricus, right?

Cheers Fabian
Back to top Go down
http://www.rear-fanged.com
Andrew Hacket
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Andrew Hacket

Male

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one ?????   Am I the only one ????? Icon_minitimeTue 20 Jan - 1:56

Its seems very high in color almost as if the red is also over the black making the black look somewhat diluted

But recently this specimen is discovered in port nolloth *pic from ptenopus of sareptiles forum*

UNBELIEVABLE !!!
Am I the only one ????? Aspidelapslubricus
Back to top Go down
Fabian Dirks
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Fabian Dirks

Male
Number of posts : 766
Registration date : 2009-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one ?????   Am I the only one ????? Icon_minitimeTue 20 Jan - 2:29

seems to be hypererythristic. Very nice

Cheers Fabian
Back to top Go down
http://www.rear-fanged.com
Benjamin Tull
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2008-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one ?????   Am I the only one ????? Icon_minitimeTue 20 Jan - 19:31

I´m keeping a pair of Aspidelaps lubricus infuscatus

Am I the only one ????? 01a_l_10
my gravid 0,1, waiting for laying her eggs Smile

Am I the only one ????? 10a_l_10
...and my 1,0
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one ?????   Am I the only one ????? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Am I the only one ?????
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VenomLand :: Elapidae :: Aspidelaps-
Jump to: