VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Some absolutely rare species in Trimeresurus family

Go down 
+4
Johan Pennanen
Mario Lutz
Bartholin Yann
Radovan Muška
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Radovan Muška
Radovan Muška

Male
Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2010-01-07

Some absolutely rare species in Trimeresurus family Empty
PostSubject: Some absolutely rare species in Trimeresurus family   Some absolutely rare species in Trimeresurus family Icon_minitimeSat 30 Oct - 4:47

Hi friends,

I finally bought a book-Asian pitvipers /Gumprecht,Orlov etc./.There I saw the photos of snakes,which I have never seen before !
I would like to ask you about any informations on the species as T.andersoni,T.gramineus,T.erythrurus and P.malcolmi.
I think,that they are unavailable to us,but my question is why ?
Is it for their poor populations ?
Laws in their country of origin ?

If you know something more about these species,I will be very grateful to you.You can write something more about their biology in nature or somebody have some experiences with them ? Rolling Eyes Or have you got some links about these species ?

Thank you to all ! Smile
Back to top Go down
Bartholin Yann
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2008-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Some absolutely rare species in Trimeresurus family   Some absolutely rare species in Trimeresurus family Icon_minitimeSat 30 Oct - 6:31

trimeresurus malcomi live in a protected area near mount kinabalu, but i've seen few on a price list from indonesia(not legit), for T.andersoni, T.gramineus, T.erythrurus are indian species and india forbid all live reptiles export, but there is always exporter able to get them at very high price...so that's a reason why they are so rare!
Back to top Go down
Mario Lutz
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Mario Lutz

Male
Number of posts : 1416
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Some absolutely rare species in Trimeresurus family   Some absolutely rare species in Trimeresurus family Icon_minitimeSat 30 Oct - 10:04

Bartholin Yann wrote:
but there is always exporter able to get them at very high price...

Are you sure about that Bartholin? I would love to get in touch with those Guys... if you know someone, let me know...

cheers
Mario
Back to top Go down
http://www.venomland.org
Johan Pennanen
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Johan Pennanen

Male
Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Some absolutely rare species in Trimeresurus family   Some absolutely rare species in Trimeresurus family Icon_minitimeSat 30 Oct - 11:34

Smile
Back to top Go down
Bartholin Yann
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male

PostSubject: Re: Some absolutely rare species in Trimeresurus family   Some absolutely rare species in Trimeresurus family Icon_minitimeSat 30 Oct - 17:17

mario i'm sure there no such high priced snake in indonesia price lists(1500$), i'm on it be sure when i have money i'll try to get few of them, for scientific researches of course! Very Happy
for indians animal you can get trough with pakistanese exporter for some species, in us there is some trimeresurus malabaricus, and labialis imported this way!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some absolutely rare species in Trimeresurus family   Some absolutely rare species in Trimeresurus family Icon_minitimeMon 1 Nov - 18:45

Bartholin Yann wrote:
mario i'm sure there no such high priced snake in indonesia price lists(1500$), i'm on it be sure when i have money i'll try to get few of them, for scientific researches of course! Very Happy
for indians animal you can get trough with pakistanese exporter for some species, in us there is some trimeresurus malabaricus, and labialis imported this way!

I know a few people who would love to get their hands on some malabaricus. You have had some in before?
Back to top Go down
Chris Jones
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Chris Jones

Male
Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2009-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Some absolutely rare species in Trimeresurus family   Some absolutely rare species in Trimeresurus family Icon_minitimeSun 18 Sep - 16:42

Is anyone working with any of these rare Trims?
I am Particularly interested in T.gramineus and T.malabaricus. looking through the web I cannot find any indication that there are captive specimens of either of these two species.
But in the wild they both seem fairly common. They look like they get larger than most Trims and would probably be relatively easy to keep and breed coming from a climate like India.

Just curious.
Back to top Go down
Gustav Eloy
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Gustav Eloy

Male
Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Some absolutely rare species in Trimeresurus family   Some absolutely rare species in Trimeresurus family Icon_minitimeSun 25 Dec - 6:56

hello all, well talking about rare species my dealer offers me a pair of T maculatus, anybody knows something about them??
any information, liek general cara, size etc etc etc.

best regards and merry Christmas to every one
Back to top Go down
Bartholin Yann
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male

PostSubject: Re: Some absolutely rare species in Trimeresurus family   Some absolutely rare species in Trimeresurus family Icon_minitimeSun 25 Dec - 7:23

if i remember well, trimeresus maculatus is a old taxon name for tropidolaemus wagleri
Back to top Go down
Gustav Eloy
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Gustav Eloy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Some absolutely rare species in Trimeresurus family   Some absolutely rare species in Trimeresurus family Icon_minitimeMon 26 Dec - 4:57

oo yes you are right that is how they use to be called in the past, thank you very much
Back to top Go down
Ari Finsk
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male
Number of posts : 266
Registration date : 2009-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Some absolutely rare species in Trimeresurus family   Some absolutely rare species in Trimeresurus family Icon_minitimeMon 26 Dec - 18:44

... and smugglers wakes up ...
Sad but I´m sure that "phones starts to ring" between Europe and far east after this topic. As we all know, convictions aren´t "proportion" to actions in some countries here Europe.
Back to top Go down
Bartholin Yann
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male

PostSubject: Re: Some absolutely rare species in Trimeresurus family   Some absolutely rare species in Trimeresurus family Icon_minitimeMon 26 Dec - 20:10

i'm doubting smugglers to have acces to such spécies, the guy who sell malcomi for example never export one...but he knows how to get them...
so malcomi and malabaricus will be quiet for long i hope...
for my part i've never smuggled or buy any smuggled animals, but yes a lot of people like to do this in some part of europe!
Back to top Go down
Peter van Issem
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Peter van Issem

Male
Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Some absolutely rare species in Trimeresurus family   Some absolutely rare species in Trimeresurus family Icon_minitimeMon 26 Dec - 20:31

And don´t forget, when you see snakes on pricelists you can never be sure, that your order will come ! I´ve seen pricelist on that was species listed that I got tears in my eyes. But after make some telephone call to activate people in this country to make a visit for me, and mabye pic them up. I got answers, that there was only a post Box or a single room with some plastic boxes and bird cages, but not a runnig reptile buisiness!
Some dealers ,,pimp up´´ there List with such animals to me them self much more intresting for us, and when you got a shipment and you will find not the snake you have ordered? - ,,Sorry- but the next time you get them for sure´´ and for your money you got not the 1500 USD Snake, no, you got 100 p. of 15 USD snakes...

Try it, and let us know whats coming! I know Pakistan Pricelists as well, friends of mine has ordered some of there stuff -legal. They has listed species ike Gloydius himalayans and tibetanus and somothers.. but when you start to order them -- sorry, sold out ;-) But you can have all the others..... I think, it never a good idee to order from people you don´t know personaly. Only my opinion!
Back to top Go down
Bartholin Yann
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male

PostSubject: Re: Some absolutely rare species in Trimeresurus family   Some absolutely rare species in Trimeresurus family Icon_minitimeMon 26 Dec - 20:49

when i talk to get hand on some malcomi, it's going on site make few venom samples, a lot of photography, see as few as i can! i've never plan to buy malcomi from this guy(i know him well),

few years back some people said the exact same thing about impossibility to get mangshan viper from the restricted area...but we all know that there is a lot of them in collections all over europe!

by the way i'm not interested in smuggled animals, i'll go to brasil soon too make contact with legal breeders certified by the IBAMA to get hands of top quality brazilian snake with légal paper and to be sure of their origins...but i know few people can travel all over the world to check snake breeders and the quality of the animals!

Back to top Go down
Gustav Eloy
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Gustav Eloy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Some absolutely rare species in Trimeresurus family   Some absolutely rare species in Trimeresurus family Icon_minitimeTue 27 Dec - 5:19

Hello all it is just funny what mr Peter said, I just called this guy to ask for more information and some pics of the Trimeresurus maculatus thinking that they were some T wagleri because theres been a long time that I`m looking for some nice waglers and for my surprice the guy just toll me that the 2 pairs he use to have where just sold out heheeh
so I guess I`ll have to keep waiting for a T waglerii
happy holydays
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some absolutely rare species in Trimeresurus family   Some absolutely rare species in Trimeresurus family Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some absolutely rare species in Trimeresurus family
Page 1 of 1