VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Vipers Rule!!

Go down 
+3
Jaroslav Karhánek
Stefan Anthonijsz
Mark Truesdale
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Mark Truesdale

Male
Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-10-03

Vipers Rule!! Empty
PostSubject: Vipers Rule!!   Vipers Rule!! Icon_minitimeThu 23 Dec - 23:11

Hi guys,

I've been checking out this forum for a while now so I think it's time I did the right thing and introduced myself!
My names Mark and I'm from the south-west of England in the UK.
I've had my DWA licence which enables me to keep venomous snakes in captivity here in the UK for almost 5 years now and I specialize in truevipers and pit-vipers.
My favourite genus are Bitis, Bothrops, Crotalus and Vipera. I've been fortunate to have been lucky enough to aqquire a very wide and varied selection of viper species in my quest to better understand this group of snakes and is a subject I feel very passionate about. I'm also under going my own personal study of the only native species of trueviper we have in the UK, the common Adder, Vipera berus. It's something I know will take me the rest of my life but I'd like to eventually become a "field expert" on this species. After all, it is because of my discovery 10 years ago of a local population of Adders close to my home that I first became interested in snakes.

So far I've kept Atheris squamigera, Agkistrodon contortrix, Bitis arietans, Bitis gabonica, Bitis rhinoceros, Bothrops neuwiedi, Cerastes cerastes, Crotalus atrox, Crotalus durissus vegrandis (I'm not 100% sure but hasn't the Urocoan Rattler recieved full species status?) Crotalus molossus and Crotalus scutulatus.
It's been an interesting 5 years I can tell you and I've learnt a great deal but I feel I've still got a long way to go.
My ultimate goal is to be able to perhaps specialize in Lanceheads and be able to keep Bothrops atrox and asper.
Also on my wish list are Russels vipers and Eastern-Diamond back rattlers. West-African Gaboon Vipers are also a very keen favourite of mine and since I had to move on a large female that I kept that would not strike feed for love nor money ( since then my good friend Alan Hyde has aqquirred her and has somehow "trained" her to strike-feed) I am not in a posistion to house another specimen. Something to look forward too...

Right now though I only have the fascility to keep a small collection and this is how it stands right now-

1.1 Bothrops neuweidi
0.1 Bitis arietans
1.0 Crotalus atrox
1.1 Vipera ammodytes

All my pics are a bit dated so I'll have to take some new ones before posting them up.
Anyway I look forward to talking with you.

regards,
Mark Truesdale.
Back to top Go down
Stefan Anthonijsz
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Stefan Anthonijsz

Male
Number of posts : 556
Registration date : 2009-09-29

Vipers Rule!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vipers Rule!!   Vipers Rule!! Icon_minitimeFri 24 Dec - 0:59

Elapids rule!
Back to top Go down
Jaroslav Karhánek
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Jaroslav Karhánek

Male
Number of posts : 213
Registration date : 2009-04-14

Vipers Rule!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vipers Rule!!   Vipers Rule!! Icon_minitimeFri 24 Dec - 1:11

Hi, I have to agree with you. Vipers rules or better say Lanceheads rules:)
Back to top Go down
http://www.bushmaster.estranky.cz/
Nigel Sowter
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male
Number of posts : 406
Registration date : 2010-11-29

Vipers Rule!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vipers Rule!!   Vipers Rule!! Icon_minitimeFri 24 Dec - 1:15

Stefan Anthonijsz wrote:
Elapids rule!

HERE HERE!
Back to top Go down
Mark Truesdale

Male
Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-10-03

Vipers Rule!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vipers Rule!!   Vipers Rule!! Icon_minitimeFri 24 Dec - 3:56

Let me set the record straight guys!

VENOMOUS SNAKES RULE!!!
Back to top Go down
Graeme Skinner
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Graeme Skinner

Male
Number of posts : 466
Registration date : 2009-02-19

Vipers Rule!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vipers Rule!!   Vipers Rule!! Icon_minitimeFri 24 Dec - 6:07

Welcome to the forum Mark

Regards

Graeme
Back to top Go down
Mike Spencer
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Mike Spencer

Male
Number of posts : 386
Registration date : 2010-06-27

Vipers Rule!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vipers Rule!!   Vipers Rule!! Icon_minitimeFri 24 Dec - 12:55

I'm gonna have to just say Snakes Rule!!! (Except for boids and a lot of boring colubrids)

Welcome to the forum, Mark.
Back to top Go down
http://www.michaelrayspencer.com
Brian Petrie
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2008-09-23

Vipers Rule!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vipers Rule!!   Vipers Rule!! Icon_minitimeSun 26 Dec - 5:26

Hi Mark,
Welcome to Venomland, good to see you on here.
Cheers,
Brian.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Vipers Rule!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vipers Rule!!   Vipers Rule!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vipers Rule!!
Page 1 of 1