VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Green Mamba (Dendroaspis angusticeps) hatching

Go down 
+12
Flandroit Patrik
Markus Oulehla
David Nixon
TJ Giles
NiekHofman
Patrick Waffek
Mike Spencer
Agust Lundkvist
Jorg Schenkels
Guenter Leitenbauer
Miro Voutilainen
Lourance Klose
16 posters
AuthorMessage
Lourance Klose
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Green Mamba (Dendroaspis angusticeps) hatching Empty
PostSubject: Green Mamba (Dendroaspis angusticeps) hatching   Green Mamba (Dendroaspis angusticeps) hatching Icon_minitimeTue 11 Jan - 15:41

My green mamba's are finally hatching. I incubated the eggs at 27 degrees centigrade to see how it would effect my sex ratio compare to the last time I bred them. The eggs took 69 days compare to 61 days in 2008 when I incubated at 28.3 degrees centigrade. In 2008 I got 60% females. Once they have shed and eaten once I will sex them.

Green Mamba (Dendroaspis angusticeps) hatching GreenMambashatching1

Green Mamba (Dendroaspis angusticeps) hatching GreenMambahatching2

Thanks.

Back to top Go down
Miro Voutilainen
Miro Voutilainen

Male
Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2010-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Green Mamba (Dendroaspis angusticeps) hatching   Green Mamba (Dendroaspis angusticeps) hatching Icon_minitimeTue 11 Jan - 15:55

Congrats!
Back to top Go down
Guenter Leitenbauer
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Guenter Leitenbauer

Male
Number of posts : 1389
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Green Mamba (Dendroaspis angusticeps) hatching   Green Mamba (Dendroaspis angusticeps) hatching Icon_minitimeTue 11 Jan - 17:01

I like the second photo!

I did not know that newborn have such a different coloring. When do D. angusticeps get their final green colour?
Back to top Go down
http://www.leitenbauer.net

PostSubject: Re: Green Mamba (Dendroaspis angusticeps) hatching   Green Mamba (Dendroaspis angusticeps) hatching Icon_minitimeTue 11 Jan - 19:33

Sweet!

Congratulations.
Back to top Go down
Jorg Schenkels
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Jorg Schenkels

Male
Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2010-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Green Mamba (Dendroaspis angusticeps) hatching   Green Mamba (Dendroaspis angusticeps) hatching Icon_minitimeWed 12 Jan - 1:49

congrats man realy nice sp...
gr jorg
Back to top Go down
Agust Lundkvist
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2009-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Green Mamba (Dendroaspis angusticeps) hatching   Green Mamba (Dendroaspis angusticeps) hatching Icon_minitimeThu 13 Jan - 20:23

Congratulations! Very Happy
What lokality are they?
Back to top Go down
Mike Spencer
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Mike Spencer

Male
Number of posts : 386
Registration date : 2010-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Green Mamba (Dendroaspis angusticeps) hatching   Green Mamba (Dendroaspis angusticeps) hatching Icon_minitimeThu 13 Jan - 23:49

Awesome, man! Thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
http://www.michaelrayspencer.com
Patrick Waffek
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Patrick Waffek

Male
Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2010-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Green Mamba (Dendroaspis angusticeps) hatching   Green Mamba (Dendroaspis angusticeps) hatching Icon_minitimeThu 13 Jan - 23:52

Have a nice time with the little green lightnings.
Back to top Go down
NiekHofman
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
NiekHofman

Male
Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2009-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Green Mamba (Dendroaspis angusticeps) hatching   Green Mamba (Dendroaspis angusticeps) hatching Icon_minitimeFri 14 Jan - 2:57

I´m in love !!!!! I really love mamba´s !!!! congrats dude. update pics are more then welcome!!!
Back to top Go down
Lourance Klose
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male

PostSubject: Re: Green Mamba (Dendroaspis angusticeps) hatching   Green Mamba (Dendroaspis angusticeps) hatching Icon_minitimeFri 14 Jan - 3:55

Thanks for the comments.

@Guenter- I have never raised Green Mamba's, I bought my pair as adults, but I would assume that they would take on adult coloration at around a year of age or about 70cm.

@Agust- They are from the South Coast of Natal, South Africa.

I will post some pics once they have shed.
Back to top Go down
Guenter Leitenbauer
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Guenter Leitenbauer

Male
Number of posts : 1389
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Green Mamba (Dendroaspis angusticeps) hatching   Green Mamba (Dendroaspis angusticeps) hatching Icon_minitimeFri 14 Jan - 11:16

Thanks Lourance!
Back to top Go down
http://www.leitenbauer.net
TJ Giles
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
TJ Giles

Male
Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2010-09-25

PostSubject: Re: Green Mamba (Dendroaspis angusticeps) hatching   Green Mamba (Dendroaspis angusticeps) hatching Icon_minitimeSat 22 Jan - 14:35

Congratulations on the babies. Are they feeding well? I am hoping to find a nice cb neonate sometime this year.
Back to top Go down
David Nixon
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
David Nixon

Male
Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Green Mamba (Dendroaspis angusticeps) hatching   Green Mamba (Dendroaspis angusticeps) hatching Icon_minitimeFri 28 Jan - 3:25

Very cool, I too didn't know they hatch out at that colour. keep us posted with images - I lost my Tanzanian male a few days ago, but he was old.

Cheers,

Dave
Back to top Go down
http://www.midlandsreptiles.com
Lourance Klose
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male

PostSubject: Re: Green Mamba (Dendroaspis angusticeps) hatching   Green Mamba (Dendroaspis angusticeps) hatching Icon_minitimeFri 8 Apr - 4:34

A few months old and the green is really starting to come through nicely. a few updated pics.

Green Mamba (Dendroaspis angusticeps) hatching Dangusticepsjuvie3

Green Mamba (Dendroaspis angusticeps) hatching Dangusticepsjuvie2

Green Mamba (Dendroaspis angusticeps) hatching Dangusticepsjuvie4

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Markus Oulehla
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Markus Oulehla

Male
Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Green Mamba (Dendroaspis angusticeps) hatching   Green Mamba (Dendroaspis angusticeps) hatching Icon_minitimeFri 8 Apr - 4:53

Cool pic's and awesome snake!!!

Whats about their temprament?
I've just seen (NOT worked with them) young polylepis, which were really anxiously and hectically. So I wonder if there is a difference in the behavior between the youngsters of the species as well?

regards
Markus
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/markus_oulehla/
Flandroit Patrik
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Flandroit Patrik

Male
Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2010-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Green Mamba (Dendroaspis angusticeps) hatching   Green Mamba (Dendroaspis angusticeps) hatching Icon_minitimeFri 8 Apr - 19:24

Congratulations on the babies and very nice Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.snakevipera-reptiles.com
Niels van den Hooff
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Niels van den Hooff

Male
Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Green Mamba (Dendroaspis angusticeps) hatching   Green Mamba (Dendroaspis angusticeps) hatching Icon_minitimeSat 9 Apr - 5:38

the NICEST mamba!! Incredible gorgeous snakes. Slender, quick, green, the shape of the head... and so on...
Back to top Go down
http://www.nelobro.com
Julian Löppenberg
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Julian Löppenberg

Male
Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Green Mamba (Dendroaspis angusticeps) hatching   Green Mamba (Dendroaspis angusticeps) hatching Icon_minitimeSat 9 Apr - 15:32

Nothing to say more...
just stunning Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Green Mamba (Dendroaspis angusticeps) hatching   Green Mamba (Dendroaspis angusticeps) hatching Icon_minitimeTue 12 Apr - 22:47

Awesome pictures and snakes!
Back to top Go down
stuart douglas
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
stuart douglas

Male
Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Green Mamba (Dendroaspis angusticeps) hatching   Green Mamba (Dendroaspis angusticeps) hatching Icon_minitimeThu 14 Apr - 1:46

Hi, congratulations on the hatching. I've got a pair of 3yr old SA eastern greens that I'm trying to get to breed. I've seen the male courting, but not observed any locks. That said, she is looking swollen around the middle and has only had one meal since January. The courting and attempted copulation took place early February. How did you cycle your pair for breeding, temps humidities etc?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/looserocket
Lourance Klose
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male

PostSubject: Re: Green Mamba (Dendroaspis angusticeps) hatching   Green Mamba (Dendroaspis angusticeps) hatching Icon_minitimeThu 14 Apr - 16:31

@Stuart. I have had my adult Green Mamba's for about 5-6 years. They have been housed together since then. I only have a basking light, no heat pad. Day temps are around the 30-35 degree celcius through summer and nights temps around 20 degrees celcius. Through Winter I provide a infra-red basking spot which keeps the day temps around 25 degrees and the night temps come down to 15+-.

I have found that my Green Mamba's start courting as soon as winter comes, they started this previous week. She has bred twice for me, the first time she laid late October, the second time early November. Based on that I assume they only mate around August/September, although I see them court throughout the winter months.

I hope that helps.
Thanks
Back to top Go down
stuart douglas
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
stuart douglas

Male
Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Green Mamba (Dendroaspis angusticeps) hatching   Green Mamba (Dendroaspis angusticeps) hatching Icon_minitimeFri 6 May - 18:27

Hopefully, I have a gravid female now...it's been just about 60 days since I saw courtship. She is quite swollen and is coming into slough...so fingers crossed
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/looserocket
Gustav Eloy
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Gustav Eloy

Male
Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Green Mamba (Dendroaspis angusticeps) hatching   Green Mamba (Dendroaspis angusticeps) hatching Icon_minitimeSat 2 Jul - 8:16

awesome mambas, any more pics??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Green Mamba (Dendroaspis angusticeps) hatching   Green Mamba (Dendroaspis angusticeps) hatching Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Green Mamba (Dendroaspis angusticeps) hatching
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VenomLand :: Elapidae :: Dendroaspis-
Jump to: