VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Dendroaspis jamesoni kaimosae + polylepis

Go down 
+6
Mike Spencer
Emil Lydhagen
Alexandru Strugariu
Patrick Waffek
Agust Lundkvist
Miro Voutilainen
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Miro Voutilainen
Miro Voutilainen

Male
Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2010-12-23

Dendroaspis jamesoni kaimosae + polylepis Empty
PostSubject: Dendroaspis jamesoni kaimosae + polylepis   Dendroaspis jamesoni kaimosae + polylepis Icon_minitimeFri 14 Jan - 17:47

Thought I'd post a few pictures of a adult pair of Dendroaspis jamesoni kaimosae I kept a few years ago. Both were over 200cm.
Absolutely amazing animals, just gotta love them!

Dendroaspis jamesoni kaimosae + polylepis Attachment

Hope you enjoy.

Also two headshots of Dendroaspis polylepis that I kept also a few years ago.
This pair is now to be seen at Helsinki, Finland Tropicario (http://www.tropicario.com/)
They were about 300cm when they were sold.

/M

Last edited by Miro Voutilainen on Fri 14 Jan - 18:14; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Added polylepis also.)
Back to top Go down
Agust Lundkvist
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2009-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Dendroaspis jamesoni kaimosae + polylepis   Dendroaspis jamesoni kaimosae + polylepis Icon_minitimeFri 14 Jan - 20:02

Very nice id love to keep both of these species one day but they require enourmous enclosures and im content with my current Elapids for now.
D. Jamesonii has been a favourite for long and i dont think there is a single herper that doesent admire D. Polylepis. A friend of mine keeps a pair and they just seem so very aware even in comparison to other mambas.

Have you seen any breeding or courting on the Kaimosae? Would be cool with Swedish cb of these Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Miro Voutilainen
Miro Voutilainen

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dendroaspis jamesoni kaimosae + polylepis   Dendroaspis jamesoni kaimosae + polylepis Icon_minitimeFri 14 Jan - 20:09

Agust Lundkvist wrote:
Have you seen any breeding or courting on the Kaimosae? Would be cool with Swedish cb of these Very Happy

When I had my kaimosae-pair they did copulate, however the eggs were infertile.

/M
Back to top Go down
Patrick Waffek
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Patrick Waffek

Male
Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2010-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Dendroaspis jamesoni kaimosae + polylepis   Dendroaspis jamesoni kaimosae + polylepis Icon_minitimeFri 14 Jan - 20:43

Nice not seen commenly the Kaimosae.
very nice animals you had.
Also i always like so see big polylepis. This is a very intelligent snake, too.
Back to top Go down
Miro Voutilainen
Miro Voutilainen

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dendroaspis jamesoni kaimosae + polylepis   Dendroaspis jamesoni kaimosae + polylepis Icon_minitimeThu 20 Jan - 23:16

I wrote a little article about d.j.kaimosae a few years ago. Sent it to venomousreptiles.org who decided to publish it. URL: http://www.venomousreptiles.org/articles/460

/M
Back to top Go down
Alexandru Strugariu
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Alexandru Strugariu

Male
Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2010-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Dendroaspis jamesoni kaimosae + polylepis   Dendroaspis jamesoni kaimosae + polylepis Icon_minitimeFri 21 Jan - 3:54

Not only did you have some very nice species but I think they were splendid specimens.
Very nice photos as well. I'm really looking forward to getting my first mambas this year and seeing pictures like the ones you posted just cuts off pieces of my remaining patience...
Back to top Go down
Emil Lydhagen
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Emil Lydhagen

Male
Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2010-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Dendroaspis jamesoni kaimosae + polylepis   Dendroaspis jamesoni kaimosae + polylepis Icon_minitimeFri 21 Jan - 4:35

As you already know, great snakes! I liked the article aswell.
Back to top Go down
Mike Spencer
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Mike Spencer

Male
Number of posts : 386
Registration date : 2010-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Dendroaspis jamesoni kaimosae + polylepis   Dendroaspis jamesoni kaimosae + polylepis Icon_minitimeFri 21 Jan - 9:52

Awesome!
Back to top Go down
http://www.michaelrayspencer.com
Stefan Wennekes
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Stefan Wennekes

Male
Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2009-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Dendroaspis jamesoni kaimosae + polylepis   Dendroaspis jamesoni kaimosae + polylepis Icon_minitimeSat 22 Jan - 3:16

wow !
really nice mamba;s.
kaimosae is my absolute favorite.
Back to top Go down
http://www.oldworldophidia.com/indexeng.html
TJ Giles
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
TJ Giles

Male
Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2010-09-25

PostSubject: Re: Dendroaspis jamesoni kaimosae + polylepis   Dendroaspis jamesoni kaimosae + polylepis Icon_minitimeSat 22 Jan - 14:49

They are absolutely beautiful. I love all dendroaspis
Back to top Go down
Jason Will
Jason Will

Male
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2010-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Dendroaspis jamesoni kaimosae + polylepis   Dendroaspis jamesoni kaimosae + polylepis Icon_minitimeSat 29 Jan - 23:28

Love the polylepis
Back to top Go down
Gustav Eloy
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Gustav Eloy

Male
Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Dendroaspis jamesoni kaimosae + polylepis   Dendroaspis jamesoni kaimosae + polylepis Icon_minitimeSat 2 Jul - 8:21

man they are really cool, I know why you love them just bautys
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dendroaspis jamesoni kaimosae + polylepis   Dendroaspis jamesoni kaimosae + polylepis Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dendroaspis jamesoni kaimosae + polylepis
Page 1 of 1