VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

CAREFULLY!!! THE DECEIT!!!

Go down 
+4
Brett Franklin
Udo Schutte
Graeme Skinner
Aleksandr Pristavkin
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Aleksandr Pristavkin
Aleksandr Pristavkin

Male
Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-12-30

CAREFULLY!!! THE DECEIT!!! Empty
PostSubject: CAREFULLY!!! THE DECEIT!!!   CAREFULLY!!! THE DECEIT!!! Icon_minitimeThu 20 Jan - 20:20

Hello. I want to tell you about my mistake to warn you. I live in Russia where it?s very difficult to purchase reptile.

I posted the advertisement for purchasing the bitis nasicornis in the forum. Six months later my advertisement was answered by Alan Kerrigan from Great Britain. (See below his email address and phone number). He offered ? 1000 for 2 snakes. I said it was very expensive then we agreed to €700. It was also high price but I had no choice.

According to prior agreement I had to pay a half of the sum. The second part might have been payed by a courier from Russia at the meeting at the exhibition in Hamm. That courier might take the snakes. When I sent the first part of the sum Mr Kerrigan changed terms of the deal. He said that he was sorry but at the same time he had a seminar. However, he informed the reptiles would be brought by his friend Jimmy but then I had to pay the whole sum. I refused. He told that in that case I would take the snakes in England. But for me it was much more expensive. By the same token I had already sent definite sum of money to the courier. Nevertheless I sent the rest of the sum because he put such severe constraints that I had to agree. The courier sent a bank transfer to Alan and made an appointment with him near the entrance of the exhibition in Hamm at 8 a.m. The courier left two phone numbers (Russian and German). Also he left contact details of respected selectionist of the exhibition Mark Mence Morelia-spilota.com. Alan Kerrigan and his friend Jimmy ignored that contact. There wasn?t the meeting. The courier was waiting for him at 8 a.m. but unsuccessfully. Then he went to buy other animals in the exhibition which he was interested in. Alan in his email accused the courier for not coming at the time they suggested and for not replying to his call. By the way the courier had two unknown(hiden) calls and that?s why he couldn?t call back while other honest customers phoned the courier successfully. The courier was interested to earn his money for delivery. I asked Alan many times why he didn?t use alternative option of Mark Mence. Alan didn?t answered. After that Alan informed that Jimmy payed 1000 pounds for customs duty (he took back the snakes in England). He wanted me to indemnify. I refused. Then he wanted me to pay the half of customs duty. He promised to deliver the snakes to St. Petersburg with the help of his another friend Gamel that?s why I should pay 500 euros again as an advance. I also refused.

As a result I lost €700 + €90 for triple transfer. I write Alan?s address, email, phone number and websites where he was registered. I post the receipt of transfer and photos of the snakes which he sold. Maybe somebody will recognize your animals. Be careful and vigilant. Don?t fall for scam. I can?t go to court. Russian law don?t regulate such relationship.

Alan Kerrigan is a rogue!
CAREFULLY!!! THE DECEIT!!! 375ea0a7a9c0

Alan Kerrigan
Victoria Avenue.
Southend on Sea.
SS2 6ES.
United Kingdom
Tel:44 703 183 2999
Mail: alan.kgan@gmail.com
Nearest Airport: London City Airport (LCY / EGLC).

http://www.terraristikahamm.de/ ,
http://markmail.org/,
http://www.reptileforums.com/forums
http://www.terraristikanzeiger.de/
http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/
http://pets.oodle.co.uk/reptiles/
http://www.pets-classifieds.co.uk/
http://www.reptileclassifieds.co.uk/
http://www.deine-tierwelt.de/
Back to top Go down
Aleksandr Pristavkin
Aleksandr Pristavkin

Male

PostSubject: Re: CAREFULLY!!! THE DECEIT!!!   CAREFULLY!!! THE DECEIT!!! Icon_minitimeThu 20 Jan - 20:39

CAREFULLY!!! THE DECEIT!!! 48efb9a1d5c7
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CAREFULLY!!! THE DECEIT!!!   CAREFULLY!!! THE DECEIT!!! Icon_minitimeThu 20 Jan - 23:37

hi,
this is a picture of my nasicornis when they were young Shocked i can prove this, i still have these animals and they recent were mating pictures are from like 2006 i believe.
these were posted by me on SA reptile forum,maybe some southafrican mambers may reconise?

greetz
dave
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CAREFULLY!!! THE DECEIT!!!   CAREFULLY!!! THE DECEIT!!! Icon_minitimeThu 20 Jan - 23:40

hi,

ok found the original thread back in like 5 minutes http://www.sareptiles.co.za/forum/viewtopic.php?f=88&t=4947
Back to top Go down
Graeme Skinner
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Graeme Skinner

Male
Number of posts : 466
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: CAREFULLY!!! THE DECEIT!!!   CAREFULLY!!! THE DECEIT!!! Icon_minitimeFri 21 Jan - 3:47

I've never hears of this Alan Kerrigan but will aks on a couple of the UK forums.

Real sorry to hear you were conned.
Back to top Go down
Udo Schutte
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Udo Schutte

Male
Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: CAREFULLY!!! THE DECEIT!!!   CAREFULLY!!! THE DECEIT!!! Icon_minitimeFri 21 Jan - 3:54

It's just *censored* up that there are people like that, stealing money and ruining our hobby.
I hope you'll get your money back one way or the other. (Isn't the Russian mob active in the UK?? Laughing )
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=684646026
Brett Franklin
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Brett Franklin

Male
Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: CAREFULLY!!! THE DECEIT!!!   CAREFULLY!!! THE DECEIT!!! Icon_minitimeFri 21 Jan - 14:16

A google search shows some other shady deals with this character (http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=216670).

We need to be careful when posting "wanted" adds as they are a great source for scammers. The very fact that you are "desperately" seeking animals makes their job even easier. Add to that cross border transactions and you have a recipe for fraud.

Many sites nowadays do not allow posting of wanted adds for this very reason. I would suggest that before dealings with new people, that you ask members on this forum if they have had dealings with the person first.

Back to top Go down
Rob Deans
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Rob Deans

Male
Number of posts : 322
Registration date : 2008-04-24

PostSubject: Re: CAREFULLY!!! THE DECEIT!!!   CAREFULLY!!! THE DECEIT!!! Icon_minitimeFri 21 Jan - 14:21

I would think that "Mr Kerrigan" will indeed be an Englishman who saw Daves post on sareptiles.co.za (or here http://wikifaunia.com/bitis-nasicornis-babies-de-uganda-vt927.html)

He may even have come across the picture in a Google Images search as its one of few pics of multiple nasicornis juveniles there.

Its sad to see people doing this.
Back to top Go down
Aleksandr Pristavkin
Aleksandr Pristavkin

Male

PostSubject: Re: CAREFULLY!!! THE DECEIT!!!   CAREFULLY!!! THE DECEIT!!! Icon_minitimeFri 21 Jan - 17:40

Thanks for the help and understanding. Money to return not probably. My bad англиский, doesn't allow регестрироваться at all forums. To send this information. I will be grateful, if you tell to your friends - dangerously to have business from A.Kerrigan. I do not want that people lost money. Under the given reference (http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php? t=216670). I couldn't be registered for information departure.
Back to top Go down
Graeme Skinner
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Graeme Skinner

Male
Number of posts : 466
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: CAREFULLY!!! THE DECEIT!!!   CAREFULLY!!! THE DECEIT!!! Icon_minitimeFri 21 Jan - 21:37

Having looked at the Address given by Alan Kerrigan there is a problem as it does not give his full address, there is no house/business number which would allow anyone to track him down.

We all need to be very carefull and if entering into deals such as this one check backgrounds of the person you are dealing with.

I hope all scammers get what they deserve!
Back to top Go down
Aleksandr Pristavkin
Aleksandr Pristavkin

Male

PostSubject: Re: CAREFULLY!!! THE DECEIT!!!   CAREFULLY!!! THE DECEIT!!! Icon_minitimeSat 22 Jan - 6:19

In the future, I will ask you - whether it is possible to deal with the seller? On the former the female for my male is necessary to me. I will be grateful for the help in acquisition. A photo of my male I will put in a theme bitis. My courier can take away an animal in September at an exhibition in Hamme.
Back to top Go down
Michael Jonasson
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Michael Jonasson

Male
Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2009-10-21

PostSubject: Re: CAREFULLY!!! THE DECEIT!!!   CAREFULLY!!! THE DECEIT!!! Icon_minitimeSat 22 Jan - 17:05

Sorry for your bad experience Alexsandr, cant Venomland help with this by doing a ip-adress search? This scammer probably wouldnt go to an internetcafe would he.
Atleast then we know who he are and maybe it atleast scares him from trying to do his bad business on Venomland again.
Back to top Go down
Peter Zürcher
Admin
Admin
Peter Zürcher

Male
Number of posts : 1266
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: CAREFULLY!!! THE DECEIT!!!   CAREFULLY!!! THE DECEIT!!! Icon_minitimeSat 22 Jan - 17:18

We do not have a user named "Alan Kerrigan" on VenomLand.
If Aleksandr has been contacted by the pm function, mr. "Kerrigan" was/is registered under another name or he has deleted his account.
sorry, no way to track him down by his ip adress then.
Peter
Back to top Go down
http://www.reptilienzoonockalm.at
Michael Jonasson
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Michael Jonasson

Male
Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2009-10-21

PostSubject: Re: CAREFULLY!!! THE DECEIT!!!   CAREFULLY!!! THE DECEIT!!! Icon_minitimeSat 22 Jan - 17:24

Peter Zürcher wrote:
We do not have a user named "Alan Kerrigan" on VenomLand.
If Aleksandr has been contacted by the pm function, mr. "Kerrigan" was/is registered under another name or he has deleted his account.
sorry, no way to track him down by his ip adress then.
Peter

Ok, i can see how that can be hard then.
Back to top Go down
Aleksandr Pristavkin
Aleksandr Pristavkin

Male

PostSubject: Re: CAREFULLY!!! THE DECEIT!!!   CAREFULLY!!! THE DECEIT!!! Icon_minitimeSun 23 Jan - 20:07

He has read my advertizing on VenomLand. Also has sent e-mail from the address alan.kgan@gmail.com . It had no registration on VenomLand with the name.
Back to top Go down
Sven Foerster
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2009-11-05

PostSubject: Re: CAREFULLY!!! THE DECEIT!!!   CAREFULLY!!! THE DECEIT!!! Icon_minitimeMon 24 Jan - 1:40

Sorry to hear that you lost your money.
The thing with the courier sounds strange to me.
If he really exist, ask him for the adress or other details from Mr. Kerrigan.
Do you have the bank details from the courier or from "Mr. Kerrigan", bank details are normally the best way to track people down.
When you have the adress, you should visit him with some friends and show him what people like him deserve.
Unfortunaly this is in most of the cases the only way to stop such people and maybe on this way you can get your money back.
Back to top Go down
Brett Franklin
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Brett Franklin

Male

PostSubject: Re: CAREFULLY!!! THE DECEIT!!!   CAREFULLY!!! THE DECEIT!!! Icon_minitimeMon 24 Jan - 16:04

Hi Aleksandr,

If you could post the "header" information from the email that you received from him, it may be possible to get the originating IP address. If you are using Outlook then open the email and go to options, you will see a text box with all the header information. It is similar for other email clients.

You could at least trace the ISP and then have some information on the account holder. Although, in order to get the account holder information (if not using a internet cafe and cross-border) would require the involvement of the police.

Brett
Back to top Go down
Brett Franklin
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Brett Franklin

Male

PostSubject: Re: CAREFULLY!!! THE DECEIT!!!   CAREFULLY!!! THE DECEIT!!! Icon_minitimeMon 24 Jan - 16:12

Here is a detailed discussion on this character, clearly a scammer.

http://moreliaviridis.yuku.com/topic/16716

Back to top Go down
Aleksandr Pristavkin
Aleksandr Pristavkin

Male

PostSubject: Re: CAREFULLY!!! THE DECEIT!!!   CAREFULLY!!! THE DECEIT!!! Icon_minitimeFri 28 Jan - 0:07

The Russian police has no diplomatic relations with english police. In Russia such human relations of the different states aren't regulated. IP the address to me that won't give. Money was translated on system the western union. The bank account isn't present. I have reconciled to loss of money. Has written here that for all the swindler was known.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CAREFULLY!!! THE DECEIT!!!   CAREFULLY!!! THE DECEIT!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VenomLand :: Off Topic :: General Discussions-
Jump to: