VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Sri Lankan adventure alias freshly rescued rat snake

Go down 
+3
matt yuyek
Mario Lutz
Tomas Bublik
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Tomas Bublik
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Tomas Bublik

Male
Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-05-10

Sri Lankan adventure alias freshly rescued rat snake Empty
PostSubject: Sri Lankan adventure alias freshly rescued rat snake   Sri Lankan adventure alias freshly rescued rat snake Icon_minitimeSat 17 May - 7:12

Sri Lankan adventure alias freshly rescued rat snake Pic_0012
Back to top Go down
Mario Lutz
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Mario Lutz

Male
Number of posts : 1416
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Sri Lankan adventure alias freshly rescued rat snake   Sri Lankan adventure alias freshly rescued rat snake Icon_minitimeSat 17 May - 12:19

Ahoj Tomas!

thank for sharing this picture with us...
i like it a lot - see the locals - in a safe distance?

cool - they think - "another stupid foreigner who did not know that ratsnakes are "poisonous"! LOL
happen to me almost every day....

good to see you Tomas.... thanks for sharing!

one question: have you done herping in Sri Lanka, sure - i know, stupid question - but if you had, would you mind sharing your experiences, you know - like a small travel report with our members? i figure, it would be very nice - we have many proos here, lots of them have done lots of fieldtrips - it might be nice to have them talked about it? we can use the section fieldworks for it...

cheers
Mario
Back to top Go down
http://www.venomland.org
matt yuyek
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
matt yuyek

Male
Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Sri Lankan adventure alias freshly rescued rat snake   Sri Lankan adventure alias freshly rescued rat snake Icon_minitimeSat 17 May - 12:43

Hi Tomas!

Thanks for sharing your picture with us. I suppose the snake you are holding is a Ptyas mucosus, right? It's a cool and nasty ratsnake! I notice the Sri Lankan topless man behind you is also flexing his muscles. You've got impressive biceps for handling snakes! You pump iron?

Be safe.

matt
Back to top Go down
http://www.herpaworld.com
Tomas Bublik
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Tomas Bublik

Male

PostSubject: Re: Sri Lankan adventure alias freshly rescued rat snake   Sri Lankan adventure alias freshly rescued rat snake Icon_minitimeSat 17 May - 20:54

Hi Mario!
Those native people were very afraid of snakes of course.This snake I found tied itself in old fishing net near to road,I just passed him in a tuk-tuk at right the moment they were going to kill him...So I realesed him faraway enough......
Iĺl be sharing my experiences vith pleasure,although it was mainly holiday in a beach resort.My herp researching have been not very succesfull in Sri Lanka.I´ve been looking for pitvipers and how it goes in the life,I found everything but not pitvipers.Only one small trimeresurus trigonocephalus saved me against wash-out.Sri Lanka shocked me by its destroyed nature,there is not space enough for animals already with the exception of few NP....Very sad to see that,but that is similar everywhere in south asia ond go on too fast....
Very good idea to make special fieldworks section!

Hi Matt!
You are right,it is P.mucosus(P.mucosa) I like these fast snakes.Just before one week I caught huge one Ptyas carinata in Sabah,Borneo.It was amazing animal around 3m in its lenght,wow,simply beautiful.
Yes,I do pumping iron,actually I used to...In the past it was my big hobby ...

Tomas
Back to top Go down
René Ries
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
René Ries

Male
Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Sri Lankan adventure alias freshly rescued rat snake   Sri Lankan adventure alias freshly rescued rat snake Icon_minitimeSat 17 May - 23:10

Ayubowan Thomas!

Nice to find someone else who has been to Sri Lanka! cheers ´
Quote :
I´ve been looking for pitvipers and how it goes in the life,I found everything but not pitvipers.
I know exactly what you mean...been there five times and hardly could´nt find any trigonocephalus. The only one i found was in Sinharaja rainforest reserve...after a long fight with hyper aggressive leeches Suspect

Where have you been?

Best wishes!
René
Back to top Go down
Tomas Bublik
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Tomas Bublik

Male

PostSubject: Re: Sri Lankan adventure alias freshly rescued rat snake   Sri Lankan adventure alias freshly rescued rat snake Icon_minitimeSun 18 May - 1:07

Hi René,
I have been looking for them near to Ratnapura village and Sinharaja rainforest:-) Yes,that is definatelly the right place..I also found it there.
Don´t remind bloody leeches to me please,they realy loved me-just have a look,that is a picture of my legs from Sinharaja Mad

Sri Lankan adventure alias freshly rescued rat snake Dsc_0310

Mario,I know there is a fieldworks section already.Next time Iĺl have a look twice Smile
Back to top Go down
Benjamin Lutz
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Benjamin Lutz

Male
Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2008-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Sri Lankan adventure alias freshly rescued rat snake   Sri Lankan adventure alias freshly rescued rat snake Icon_minitimeSun 18 May - 14:25

hey thomas,

you got some really "big(like your biceps)" bloody feet there.

greetz Ben
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-reptileman.com
Tomas Bublik
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Tomas Bublik

Male

PostSubject: Re: Sri Lankan adventure alias freshly rescued rat snake   Sri Lankan adventure alias freshly rescued rat snake Icon_minitimeMon 19 May - 6:57

Hi Ben,yes and even my legs went much bigger than in couple hours.I´ve been bitten many times in the same bleeding holes,i could´t stop the bleeding and got some f....n infection from mad wading.Nice experience, a lot anthibiotics and never ever more just one step in the raining forest without adequate shoes and equipment......Actually I have been in many diferent raining forests before,but have never seen and enjoyd something like Sinharaja´s vampires Twisted Evil
Tomas
Back to top Go down
René Ries
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
René Ries

Male
Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Sri Lankan adventure alias freshly rescued rat snake   Sri Lankan adventure alias freshly rescued rat snake Icon_minitimeMon 19 May - 17:18

Hey Thomas - where do i know that leg picture from...ahhh...sure! my own legs Twisted Evil

Made the same mistake my very first time there and never ever made it again.
These Sinharaja leeches are some kind of bloody man eating mutants straightly from hell.

They even don´t respect the unnerving smell of Siddhalepa herbal balm where all the other little parasites just run off affraid

Cheers
René
Back to top Go down
Mario Lutz
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Mario Lutz

Male

PostSubject: Re: Sri Lankan adventure alias freshly rescued rat snake   Sri Lankan adventure alias freshly rescued rat snake Icon_minitimeMon 19 May - 19:27

you can come and visit us here, i look all week like that when i am in the fields here...
its part of the deal ill guess... we have to suffer for our love, right? imagine what would happen without pictures like this? boring it would be, we have nothing to tell to our grandchildren later about our dangerous expeditions in tropical rainforest areas, nearly killed by blood sucking monsters... lol

cheers
Mario

by the way Tomas, the chinese got a nice Powder for stop bleeding immediately. also vets use it if the cut claws from dogs to stop bleeding... use that stuff - magic!
Back to top Go down
Tomas Bublik
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Tomas Bublik

Male

PostSubject: Re: Sri Lankan adventure alias freshly rescued rat snake   Sri Lankan adventure alias freshly rescued rat snake Icon_minitimeTue 20 May - 6:27

The best way I´ve ever seen is to be barefooted as aborigines do Very Happy Truly they are never bitten because feel and see it soon enough to get it off.Also thay use a kitchen salt.
Look,nature mud works as well-fantastic repelent- I learned from deer(didńt say pig) pig
Sri Lankan adventure alias freshly rescued rat snake Mud110
Back to top Go down
Derek Morgan
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Derek Morgan

Male
Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Sri Lankan adventure alias freshly rescued rat snake   Sri Lankan adventure alias freshly rescued rat snake Icon_minitimeWed 21 May - 2:26

Haha, that's great Tomas! Some people don't even want to get their shoes dirty when they go snake hunting, so your picture is an inspiration. You remind me of Arnold Schwarzenegger in Predator. Very Happy

Derek
Back to top Go down
http://www.arborealvipers.com
AndrewGalano
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
AndrewGalano

Male
Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2008-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Sri Lankan adventure alias freshly rescued rat snake   Sri Lankan adventure alias freshly rescued rat snake Icon_minitimeWed 21 May - 21:19

Derek Morgan wrote:
Haha, that's great Tomas! Some people don't even want to get their shoes dirty when they go snake hunting, so your picture is an inspiration. You remind me of Arnold Schwarzenegger in Predator. Very Happy

Derek

TRUE! Razz
Back to top Go down
Mario Lutz
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Mario Lutz

Male

PostSubject: Re: Sri Lankan adventure alias freshly rescued rat snake   Sri Lankan adventure alias freshly rescued rat snake Icon_minitimeThu 22 May - 17:09

i love it..
if i would run around like this here in the philippines, they would probably burn me as a which master.... the locals got some strange superstitious believes. we have some eye witness here... they swear having me seen copulating with a king cobra.. huh - how is that? so they said, i must be a "assuang" like a bad ghost like that.. after some years, the liked us and what we doing, but once in a while - the old stories come out again.. funny

cheers
Mario
Back to top Go down
Tomas Bublik
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Tomas Bublik

Male

PostSubject: Re: Sri Lankan adventure alias freshly rescued rat snake   Sri Lankan adventure alias freshly rescued rat snake Icon_minitimeFri 23 May - 17:26

Shocked and did you? Laughing I´m trying imagine that....really hard core Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Mario Lutz
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Mario Lutz

Male

PostSubject: Re: Sri Lankan adventure alias freshly rescued rat snake   Sri Lankan adventure alias freshly rescued rat snake Icon_minitimeFri 23 May - 17:39

thats secret Tom...
sorry, no can tell you!

cheers
M.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sri Lankan adventure alias freshly rescued rat snake   Sri Lankan adventure alias freshly rescued rat snake Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sri Lankan adventure alias freshly rescued rat snake
Page 1 of 1