VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Albert J. Montejo's self-explanation

Go down 
+5
jean-henri pastore
April Mandel
Peter Zürcher
Guenter Leitenbauer
Albert J. Montejo
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Albert J. Montejo
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male
Number of posts : 306
Registration date : 2011-03-01

Albert J. Montejo's self-explanation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Albert J. Montejo's self-explanation   Albert J. Montejo's self-explanation Icon_minitimeFri 20 May - 23:20

i feel a need to explain myself, i feel that European herpetoculturist label us North Americans as too materialisic and not giving enough participation to the education and the cultural side of herpetoculture , so before i get labeled an elitist for only writing my opinion on the just the finest snakes on the planet such as these Naja samarensis and Naja nigricincta ill explain.

Here in The United States Of America we have free enterprise( business) or every man for his own, most North American herpetoculturist are not rich but theyre not stupid either (pardon) . We have to fund our hobby business by selling offsprings, we can not afford to have snakes sitting around for ten years , once you reach a certain level of cost , housing , feeding , energy, time , etc . no matter what her history is , space is at a premium even in zoos.

Thats why well spend what ever it takes to aquire a specimen but we want value for our hard earned free market dollars .

So like a jeweler we inspect and appraise the product for our particular part of the world market, is this wrong, i dont think so , it's our lot.

We come here for product knowledge to learn and to evaluate what you have to offer as you should do with our exports, make no mistake about it, a snake" produced " in captivity is an agriculture product with a certain value.

For now this is my reason for selecting these two specimen Naja nigricinta and Naja samarensis as good investments.

Sincerly

Albert.

Back to top Go down
Guenter Leitenbauer
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Guenter Leitenbauer

Male
Number of posts : 1389
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Albert J. Montejo's self-explanation   Albert J. Montejo's self-explanation Icon_minitimeFri 20 May - 23:34

First of all, Mr Montejo - what do You think we Europeans are that You always need to explain us the world? Monkeys on trees? Don't forget that You are our Ex-colonies and all the "culture" (even monetary) You now are so proud of has its roots in Europe. The old Greeks had democracy 2500 years ago, so don't explain us, how materialism and democracy works, please.

I guess we have a much more realistic picture of the US than vice versa. Maybe because we do care more about US then the US people care about the rest of the world. So typical for that ignorance was when Andre Agassi once said: "I won't play the tournament in Germany, because I am in fear of the war there."

Besides that I am quite sure that most of the people here do not see snakes as investments. They have other reasons to keep (and trade) snakes. And from all I know most of the species never rise in prices but the prices always tend to fall when more and more breeders generate offspring. Prove me wrong with one single species, please.

Don't want to offend my US friends here but Mr Montejo does no good advertisment for You here!

Last edited by Guenter Leitenbauer on Sat 21 May - 3:13; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.leitenbauer.net
Peter Zürcher
Admin
Admin
Peter Zürcher

Male
Number of posts : 1266
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Albert J. Montejo's self-explanation   Albert J. Montejo's self-explanation Icon_minitimeFri 20 May - 23:55

It's getting offtopic, so i splitted and opened a new thread in the "general discussions" section.
regards
Peter
Back to top Go down
http://www.reptilienzoonockalm.at
Albert J. Montejo
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male

PostSubject: Re: Albert J. Montejo's self-explanation   Albert J. Montejo's self-explanation Icon_minitimeSat 21 May - 2:01

Ok, Guenter but no George W. Bush topics.. im not at all political, it's strictly business with me.

Also forget any " Monkeys in the tree" comments that brought Slyvester Stallone a big scandall in Brazil , not too long ago while filming, the Expendables.

Guenter Leitenbauer wrote : And from all I know most of the species never rise in prices but the prices always tend to fall when more and more breeders generate offspring. Prove me wrong with one single species, please.

1) The short list.
a) Bothriechis Aurifer.. in 1977 - 175.00 ea. today 2011 -1500.00 ea to over 2500.00 Kempter, Bublik , Montejo , etc.

b) Bothriechis Marchi ..in 1977 -125.00 ea. today 2011 - 1350 .00 Glades Herp-Strictly reptiles

c) Bothriechis lateralis in 1977- 75.00 ea. today 2011 350-500 Stephan , Kempter
etc.

d) Bothriechis nigroviridis in 1977- 575.00 ea. today well over 900.00 -3000.00 Glades Herp.

e) Bothriechis Scheleggeli in 1977- 50.00 ea. today 200.00 +

f) Crotalus Willardi group in 1977 -350.00 ea. today at least 1500.00-1800.00ea

Guenter in general snakes that grow slow, long lived and have small litters.

addtl* in 1977 Najas were considered the "poor mans " Tiger snake( circa ) Hank Molt.
if you couldn't afford Hank,s 1000.00 Tigers you buy some low price Naja.

Today, Herpetoculturist such as Peter Zurcher and others have changed the image of the Naja group to make it the Tiger snakes of the future ..."Top end "Elapidade's though not all.

Sincerely

Albert J.Montejo

Certified, venomous reptile license, holder, since 1977 -2011 and beyond God willing.
Thank you.

Back to top Go down
Guenter Leitenbauer
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Guenter Leitenbauer

Male

PostSubject: Re: Albert J. Montejo's self-explanation   Albert J. Montejo's self-explanation Icon_minitimeSat 21 May - 2:44

Well You do not take into account that money lost value. 100 US$ in 1977 were 355 US$ 2010, check it out:
http://www.westegg.com/inflation/

Besides that I really doubt Your numbers!

"Botriechis Scheleggeli" is not known to me but You get a specimen of "Botriechis schlegelii" here for about US$ 100 or less as You easily can check out via google.

Guenter Leitenbauer
(Enterpriser and theoretical physicist, who also knows a little bit of mathematics and economy)

Last edited by Guenter Leitenbauer on Sat 21 May - 3:09; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Peter Zürcher
Admin
Admin
Peter Zürcher

Male

PostSubject: Re: Albert J. Montejo's self-explanation   Albert J. Montejo's self-explanation Icon_minitimeSat 21 May - 2:58

Nice comparison - 1977 and 2011 *LOL*
Beside the fact, that for other things you have to pay twice or three times as much nowadays than 1977 (it's called inflation), you comparise different terraristic era. Almost nobody, just a few people, knew anything about Bothriechis aurifer or Bothriechis lateralis in 1977, whereas today everybody can see them everywhere in the www and in forums - no wonder there's more demand.

Additionally, in the case of Bothriechis schlegelii, all specimens on the market were wild caught, and 8 or 9 out of ten died very soon. Well established schlegelii-offspring goes for 50 Euro/specimen today.

I'm wether a "herpetoculturist" (what an ugly word!) nor did i or do i try to change the image from what genera ever.
You seem to have no bloody idea when it comes to Naja-prices - these snakes are definitely not "high-end animals".
You will buy Naja samarensis for 100 - 150 bucks in 5 years, at this time a realistic price for a young pair is 900 Dollar, those with higher prices won't sell.
Maybe a Naja sagittifera woul be "high-end" - but for a very few years and a couple of clutches only.

Peter Zürcher
enthusiastic Naja-keeper
Back to top Go down
Albert J. Montejo
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male

PostSubject: Re: Albert J. Montejo's self-explanation   Albert J. Montejo's self-explanation Icon_minitimeSat 21 May - 3:14

Remember people , im here in the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA where Naja samarensis sells for 8575.00 for a trio , Randy Ciuros ( pers. comment) and i believe you, but find me 50.00 eyelash vipers on Kingsnake . com, how about Marcel and Robert Medinger 50.00 Sheleggelii ?

Those are a steal, at that price but you have to add broker , shipping, phytosanitairy, USDA customs, courier, add to the price for USA customers that are my concern, get it .

Please with all due respect, and dont get mad," but dont try to teach your father how to make babies"

Respectfully

Albert.

United States: born in the year 1776, under the sign of Fire Monkey. Monkey is the erratic geniuses of the Chinese zodiac cycle, they are the most active ones. Monkey is renowned for their amazing wit, tricks, strong-willed, show-off and their busy-body. Monkey is also the sign of inventor, improvisor and motivator. Fire Monkey is the most forceful of all types of Monkeys. Her motto would be “anything is possible”.
Back to top Go down
Guenter Leitenbauer
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Guenter Leitenbauer

Male

PostSubject: Re: Albert J. Montejo's self-explanation   Albert J. Montejo's self-explanation Icon_minitimeSat 21 May - 3:22

Fact is that we have lots of ads in the web with "Sell a pair of Schlegelii for EUR 100,-" etc. Won't discuss that further, because the godfather of all snakedealers will for sure be able to google himself.
Back to top Go down
April Mandel
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
April Mandel

Female
Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2011-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Albert J. Montejo's self-explanation   Albert J. Montejo's self-explanation Icon_minitimeSat 21 May - 3:28

The attached (partial) price list is from Hank Molt, 1985. Typically, Death Adders were selling for $375 in the mid 80's, but this list gives a good idea what prices were like in those years.

Albert J. Montejo's self-explanation Scan1049
Back to top Go down
Peter Zürcher
Admin
Admin
Peter Zürcher

Male

PostSubject: Re: Albert J. Montejo's self-explanation   Albert J. Montejo's self-explanation Icon_minitimeSat 21 May - 3:37

Quote :
Remember people , im here in the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA where Naja samarensis sells for 8575.00 for a trio
Sorry, ladies and gentlemen, i really hope i won't be misunderstood, but VenomLand is an international forum and we cannot rely on US circumstances only.
Beside that, the samarensis trio for 8575 might be a HOAX or just a try (maybe i'll find a stupid), it's absolutely not representative.

I wonder why you still import Bothriechis schlegelii - they're bred in Europe in already too large numbers.

Peter Zürcher

born 1951 in Switzerland (proclamated 1291) under the zodiac capricorn

Last edited by Peter Zürcher on Sun 22 May - 16:07; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Guenter Leitenbauer
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Guenter Leitenbauer

Male

PostSubject: Re: Albert J. Montejo's self-explanation   Albert J. Montejo's self-explanation Icon_minitimeSat 21 May - 3:43

I could sell my 10 year old Chrysler Voyager for 25.000 US$ in Cuba for sure Very Happy
OK, at least I could try ...
Back to top Go down
April Mandel
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
April Mandel

Female
Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2011-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Albert J. Montejo's self-explanation   Albert J. Montejo's self-explanation Icon_minitimeSat 21 May - 3:53

In the US, CB Bothriechis schlegelii have been offered for sale at most of the hot shows I've seen, and if not present, they may have been sold out. Bothriechis schlegelii and Atheris sqamageri are probably the most popular venomous species at these shows, and if Bothriechis schlegelii is imported, the only reason I can think of would be to meet the demand which cannot be met with CB specimens.
Back to top Go down
Albert J. Montejo
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male

PostSubject: Re: Albert J. Montejo's self-explanation   Albert J. Montejo's self-explanation Icon_minitimeSat 21 May - 3:59

My 1977 Porsche Euro Carrera 3.0( one example ) left hand drive sold in Australia for 100k.
* but besides the point it's been excellent debating with you guy's and girl (lady) sorry.

Completely interesting , and April, you seem to know a lot about , Ole Hank Molt, but oh well, i wont ask , that's your private business, can you quote old antiquarian qoutes , like him, then ill be really impressed!!

till then ,

Albert.
Back to top Go down
Guenter Leitenbauer
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Guenter Leitenbauer

Male

PostSubject: Re: Albert J. Montejo's self-explanation   Albert J. Montejo's self-explanation Icon_minitimeSat 21 May - 4:02

Ah now we come to the conclusion!
The older, the more expensiv! It is like with oldtimer cars!

I am sure a 50 year old Crotalus atrox could be sold for 1.000.000 US$
Very rare for sure! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jean-henri pastore
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male
Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2009-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Albert J. Montejo's self-explanation   Albert J. Montejo's self-explanation Icon_minitimeSat 21 May - 6:12

LOLL Guenter !!! Laughing
About H.Molt, Albert, just becarreful, Absentees are always wrong.......
And i don't know but perhaps he's not ,a reference.....
Back to top Go down
Albert J. Montejo
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male

PostSubject: Re: Albert J. Montejo's self-explanation   Albert J. Montejo's self-explanation Icon_minitimeSat 21 May - 7:02

He must have felt that he had lost the old warm world, paid a high price for living too long with a single dream. He must have looked up at an unfamiliar sky through frightening leaves and shivered as he found what a grotesque thing a rose is and how raw the sunlight was upon the scarcely created grass. A new world, material without being real, where poor ghosts, breathing dreams like air, drifted fortuitously about...like that ashen, fantastic figure gliding toward him through the amorphous trees.
The Great Gatsby
Chapter 8.

* an antiquarian quote by Scott Fitzgerald, Jean-henri .
Back to top Go down
Jon Davidson
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Jon Davidson

Male
Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2009-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Albert J. Montejo's self-explanation   Albert J. Montejo's self-explanation Icon_minitimeSat 21 May - 8:43

Albert J. Montejo wrote:
'i feel a need to explain myself'

Repeatedly. Sincerely, Jon Davidson .
Back to top Go down
Sami Heikkinen
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Sami Heikkinen

Male
Number of posts : 173
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Albert J. Montejo's self-explanation   Albert J. Montejo's self-explanation Icon_minitimeSat 21 May - 9:47

The world is like a ride in an amusement park, and when you choose to go on it you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. The ride goes up and down, around and around, it has thrills and chills, and it's very brightly colored, and it's very loud, and it's fun for a while. Many people have been on the ride a long time, and they begin to wonder, "Hey, is this real, or is this just a ride?" And other people have remembered, and they come back to us and say, "Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride." And we … kill those people. "Shut him up! I've got a lot invested in this ride, shut him up! Look at my furrows of worry, look at my big bank account, and my family. This has to be real." It's just a ride. But we always kill the good guys who try and tell us that, you ever notice that? And let the demons run amok … But it doesn't matter, because it's just a ride. And we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings of money. Just a simple choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your doors, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love instead see all of us as one. Here's what we can do to change the world, right now, to a better ride. Take all that money we spend on weapons and defenses each year and instead spend it feeding and clothing and educating the poor of the world, which it would pay for many times over, not one human being excluded, and we could explore space, together, both inner and outer, forever, in peace.

- Bill Hicks R.I.P.
there would have been couple more nice quotes from Bill to this topic but lets keep it neat

Don't take life too seriously.. and don't do it because of money
Back to top Go down
http://nothingtosayphoto.blogspot.com/
Albert J. Montejo
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male

PostSubject: Re: Albert J. Montejo's self-explanation   Albert J. Montejo's self-explanation Icon_minitimeSat 21 May - 16:07

Hello Sami , ive read your articles on Bothriopsis and Bothriechis and they were excellent looking forward to reading more.

Ok, example , Sami, ive met very few people who do this strictly for the money after all the best way to make one million dollars in the reptile business is to start with two million dollars.

Example, have you ever seen an add by Peter Zurcher, displaying an add for free , surplus , Naja Samarensis, and Naja nigricincta , call fast they wont last.

Even , Mario Lutz , the founder of Venomland , displaying , please call for your free Phillipine's monitor's , several species to choose from call now !

Theres nothing wrong Sami with working at what you love, in fact it's the secret to a victorious life here on earth.

Thanks Sami, for that excellent article.

regards

Albert.

Back to top Go down
Guenter Leitenbauer
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Guenter Leitenbauer

Male

PostSubject: Re: Albert J. Montejo's self-explanation   Albert J. Montejo's self-explanation Icon_minitimeSat 21 May - 16:43

Some never seem to learn ...
Back to top Go down
Marthinus C. Harmse
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Marthinus C. Harmse

Male
Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2009-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Albert J. Montejo's self-explanation   Albert J. Montejo's self-explanation Icon_minitimeSat 21 May - 18:00

Hi Albert.

The more you post the more you are making a fool of yourself here in public.
We have many North-American friends, so do not speak for all your countrymen so easily.

Please stop useless posts.

Back to top Go down
Albert J. Montejo
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male

PostSubject: Re: Albert J. Montejo's self-explanation   Albert J. Montejo's self-explanation Icon_minitimeSat 21 May - 19:43

Thank you Marthinus , i accept that, and i see you have an "wanted add " for The Speckled Forest -Pit viper, Bothriopsis taeniata, as you know this is a very rare , to non exsisting arboreal specimen in trade as you read in Mirco's , article, as you know Zoobotanicals / myself works with three distinct locals.

i understand your desire to posses such specimens and will be contacting you in aprx. 45 days when my northwestern Bothriopsis taeniata are due .

If still interested , price will stay the same 1000.00*-1500.00 ea*. and no trades at this moment, i am pleased you are again participating in debate inspite of your claim to not partake ever again.

Not at all offended by your comment and looking forward to doing business with your company.

Sincerely.

Albert.
Back to top Go down
Marthinus C. Harmse
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Marthinus C. Harmse

Male
Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2009-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Albert J. Montejo's self-explanation   Albert J. Montejo's self-explanation Icon_minitimeSat 21 May - 21:04

No further comments.
Back to top Go down
Guenter Leitenbauer
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Guenter Leitenbauer

Male

PostSubject: Re: Albert J. Montejo's self-explanation   Albert J. Montejo's self-explanation Icon_minitimeSat 21 May - 21:12

What is an "add"?
Is it an advertisement? This should be abbreviated "ad", correct?
Sorry for the question, but English is not my native language and I get easily confused.
Back to top Go down
jean-henri pastore
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male
Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2009-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Albert J. Montejo's self-explanation   Albert J. Montejo's self-explanation Icon_minitimeSat 21 May - 21:18

Guenter Leitenbauer wrote:
What is an "add"?
Is it an advertisement? This should be abbreviated "ad", correct?
Sorry for the question, but English is not my native language and I get easily confused.

Guenter, "Add" is (on the term of "wanted add") a research for a snakes, no more...... Wink And my english is not my native language also.....LOLLLL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Albert J. Montejo's self-explanation   Albert J. Montejo's self-explanation Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Albert J. Montejo's self-explanation
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VenomLand :: Off Topic :: General Discussions-
Jump to: