VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

A. Chlorechis and their enclosure

Go down 
+6
Courtney Roles
Derek Morgan
April Mandel
Kelly Chabak
Hans Bergman
Michael Burmeister
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Michael Burmeister
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2010-07-02

A. Chlorechis and their enclosure Empty
PostSubject: A. Chlorechis and their enclosure   A. Chlorechis and their enclosure Icon_minitimeTue 31 May - 22:37

It’s been a while since I posted any pictures of my A. chlorechis. My female has just stopped feeding and is nice and gravid! I also recently completed their new enclosure. So here are a few pictures of them in their new home. I hope you enjoy.

A. Chlorechis and their enclosure Chlorechis_1

A. Chlorechis and their enclosure 2

A. Chlorechis and their enclosure 3

A. Chlorechis and their enclosure 4

A. Chlorechis and their enclosure Atheris_m1
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hans Bergman
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Hans Bergman

Male
Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2011-04-07

PostSubject: Re: A. Chlorechis and their enclosure   A. Chlorechis and their enclosure Icon_minitimeWed 1 Jun - 6:18

really really nice, stunning snake Smile
Back to top Go down
Kelly Chabak
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Kelly Chabak

Female
Number of posts : 348
Registration date : 2010-09-29

PostSubject: Re: A. Chlorechis and their enclosure   A. Chlorechis and their enclosure Icon_minitimeWed 1 Jun - 7:06

Gorgeous snake!!! Congratulations on the impending happy event and good luck:)
Back to top Go down
Michael Burmeister
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male

PostSubject: Re: A. Chlorechis and their enclosure   A. Chlorechis and their enclosure Icon_minitimeWed 1 Jun - 15:33

Thanks for the kind comments. I had a good look at her last night and she is getting huge much, much bigger than in the pictures! I saw them mating in February so by my estimation she should be ready to drop towards the end of July or early August. Now i just have to hold thumbs for healthy babies.
Back to top Go down
April Mandel
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
April Mandel

Female
Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2011-04-23

PostSubject: Re: A. Chlorechis and their enclosure   A. Chlorechis and their enclosure Icon_minitimeThu 2 Jun - 4:07

Good luck with the babies! I've worked with this species and typically, the females would feed on pinks with little provocation, while the males were more difficult to start.
Back to top Go down
Michael Burmeister
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male

PostSubject: Re: A. Chlorechis and their enclosure   A. Chlorechis and their enclosure Icon_minitimeThu 2 Jun - 15:36

To those who have worked with baby chlorechis what is the most reliable way to sex them as new borns? I would assume that these are going to be pretty small babies so what are some suggestions on sexing them?
Back to top Go down
Derek Morgan
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Derek Morgan

Male
Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: A. Chlorechis and their enclosure   A. Chlorechis and their enclosure Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jun - 2:11

I always guess by tail length and tail thickness. It's a lot easier if you compare the tails of the whole litter at once. Looking at them individually with nothing to compare them to is pointless and fruitless, but you can get a good idea if you compare them to each other. Look for a slight post-cloacal buldge with males, too. I never probe that young and popping them doesn't work.
Back to top Go down
http://www.arborealvipers.com
Courtney Roles
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Female
Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2010-02-26

PostSubject: Re: A. Chlorechis and their enclosure   A. Chlorechis and their enclosure Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jun - 22:03

Aww so beautiful! Nice looking enclosure as well!
Back to top Go down
Jake Hawthorne
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2010-10-17

PostSubject: Re: A. Chlorechis and their enclosure   A. Chlorechis and their enclosure Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jun - 22:09

Beautiful snake and enclosure. Did you make the rock background yourself? If so, how did yoiu do it?
Back to top Go down
Sebastian Arvidsson
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Sebastian Arvidsson

Male
Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2011-02-13

PostSubject: Re: A. Chlorechis and their enclosure   A. Chlorechis and their enclosure Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jun - 22:11

very beautiful snake !
Back to top Go down
Michael Burmeister
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male

PostSubject: Re: A. Chlorechis and their enclosure   A. Chlorechis and their enclosure Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jun - 15:20

Thanks for the kind comments! She is definitely one of my favourite herps! I can’t wait to see her babies!

@ Luke, yes I did make the background myself and it is pretty easy to do. You take Styrofoam pieces and paste them onto the backboard of your cage. Wood glue works really well. The Styrofoam allows you to create more or less the shape/s you are wanting. Then I sprayed filler foam over the Styrofoam and moulded the look I wanted more precisely. Once this has dried properly you can paint the background. You can use tile grouting if you want or in my case I used a paint product called Fired Earth. These paints are popular with interior decorators as they give a very earthy natural feel. After that has dried it’s easy to push plastic plants into the background and it gives a nice natural look to your enclosure.
Back to top Go down
Yannick Berthoud
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Yannick Berthoud

Male
Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2015-04-20

PostSubject: Re: A. Chlorechis and their enclosure   A. Chlorechis and their enclosure Icon_minitimeWed 6 May - 3:32

Hooo....

Can you show me your terrarium? He's beautifull :p (and nice snake Smile)
Back to top Go down
Rafał Broński
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Rafał Broński

Male
Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2011-12-11

PostSubject: Re: A. Chlorechis and their enclosure   A. Chlorechis and their enclosure Icon_minitimeWed 6 May - 18:58

Beautiful snake, amazing. Congratulations.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A. Chlorechis and their enclosure   A. Chlorechis and their enclosure Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A. Chlorechis and their enclosure
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VenomLand :: Viperidae :: Atheris-
Jump to: