VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Drymarchon melanarus melanarus (Blacktailed Cribo)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Drymarchon melanarus melanarus (Blacktailed Cribo) Empty
PostSubject: Drymarchon melanarus melanarus (Blacktailed Cribo)   Drymarchon melanarus melanarus (Blacktailed Cribo) Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jul - 19:20

Just thought I would share some pictures of my little Indigo snake in the hope of drawing out more keepers. I have not found many so far, hopefully I have more luck on this European forum.

I have only had this a few months but I am in love with this and all other drymarchon species now, I am very keen on aquiring more!

Relitively easy to keep, they just require a bit more attention as they are messy and have a high metabolism, but this a small cost to pay for such an interesting and, in my opinion at least, beautiful snake.

Drymarchon melanarus melanarus (Blacktailed Cribo) IMG_3817

Drymarchon melanarus melanarus (Blacktailed Cribo) IMG_3828

Drymarchon melanarus melanarus (Blacktailed Cribo) IMG_3830

His set-up.

Drymarchon melanarus melanarus (Blacktailed Cribo) IMG_3839

Won't last very long! I want to aquire more indigo's and keep them in 6ft Herpteks when they are adults, I hope this is large enough as they don't make any bigger viv's yet! Expensive venture for me but hopefully worth it.

Please if you have any pictures of any drymarchon species you have encountered or kept I would love to see them and hear of your experiences. Or even better let me know if you will be bringing any to Houten Very Happy

Cheers, Owen
Back to top Go down
Stephan Niemann
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2010-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Drymarchon melanarus melanarus (Blacktailed Cribo)   Drymarchon melanarus melanarus (Blacktailed Cribo) Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jul - 20:29

your black tail will have enough roo, in a six ft cage when getting couperis or yellow tails you ll have to figure out bigger cages since some of those reach 3 m in length.
as for getting other drymarchon species black tails are common but couperis and yellow tails are not that easy , texas indigos and the rest ofthe family is even harder to get
but its a gorgous species and defenetly wotrth the time money and effort
Back to top Go down
eric hasler
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
eric hasler

Male
Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2009-08-19

PostSubject: gotta love drtmarchon   Drymarchon melanarus melanarus (Blacktailed Cribo) Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jul - 23:49

here are a few pictures that you may enjoy...or not...but I do.

from approx 10 years ago...

Drymarchon melanarus melanarus (Blacktailed Cribo) 30

Drymarchon melanarus melanarus (Blacktailed Cribo) 28

and 1 of my favorite phots.

Drymarchon melanarus melanarus (Blacktailed Cribo) Lunchtime001
Back to top Go down
Andrej Ajdnik

Male
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2011-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Drymarchon melanarus melanarus (Blacktailed Cribo)   Drymarchon melanarus melanarus (Blacktailed Cribo) Icon_minitimeTue 26 Jul - 0:15

I hope that was not alive morelia.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Drymarchon melanarus melanarus (Blacktailed Cribo)   Drymarchon melanarus melanarus (Blacktailed Cribo) Icon_minitimeTue 26 Jul - 0:33

@ Stephan. Thanks for the reply. That's weird you say that I have seen more Texas Indigo's in collections that the other two you mentioned, and that is still not many, maybe I am talking to the wrong people! If you know of any about I would much appreciate if you could let me know.

@ Eric. Those pictures made me smile. How tiny is that GTP! The most expensive meal ever Very Happy
Back to top Go down
eric hasler
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
eric hasler

Male

PostSubject: you can never have too many dry's   Drymarchon melanarus melanarus (Blacktailed Cribo) Icon_minitimeTue 26 Jul - 1:05

That chondro was a die(dead in the egg) and was used as a 1st meal for an indigo and to generally piss people off who would think that a perfectly healthy chondro would be used as a feeder...now a ball python morph is a whole new ball game...

Drymarchon melanarus melanarus (Blacktailed Cribo) IM006405

Drymarchon melanarus melanarus (Blacktailed Cribo) IM006404

Drymarchon melanarus melanarus (Blacktailed Cribo) IM006408

in the beginning...

Drymarchon melanarus melanarus (Blacktailed Cribo) IM006839
Back to top Go down
Per-Elon Jonasson
Per-Elon Jonasson

Male
Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2009-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Drymarchon melanarus melanarus (Blacktailed Cribo)   Drymarchon melanarus melanarus (Blacktailed Cribo) Icon_minitimeTue 26 Jul - 3:22

Owen Roberts wrote:
Please if you have any pictures of any drymarchon species you have encountered or kept I would love to see them and hear of your experiences. Or even better let me know if you will be bringing any to Houten Very Happy

Cheers, Owen

Hi Owen.

I have a female Yellow Tail Cribo (Drymarchon corais) here in my collection. Haven´t got many pics, but here is one.

Drymarchon melanarus melanarus (Blacktailed Cribo) Drymarchon_corais_hona_003

About a year ago I bought this one along with a male D.corais that was a bit bigger than her, 1.1 D.couperi and 1.0 D.unicolor.

Sadly everyone but the corais died in about a month. The vet didn´t understand why, and it was really strange cause I found them all dead the same day.

And strangely enough this one survived cause it was the one that was in worse conition when I got her.

Regards

//Pelon
Back to top Go down
http://www.pelon.se

PostSubject: Re: Drymarchon melanarus melanarus (Blacktailed Cribo)   Drymarchon melanarus melanarus (Blacktailed Cribo) Icon_minitimeTue 26 Jul - 18:39

@ Eric. I really really like that one with the red/slamon colouration, I am very keen on getting one. Thanks for posting the pictures. PS. Nothing like an IPA and Indigo snake eh? Very Happy

@ Pelon. That is strange, they were in seperate cages and all died on the same day? Possibly heat? You say worse condition so I assume they were WC? I saw some yellow tailed's on an import list recently, quite expensive for WC and a risk I cannot take quite yet incase I have an unfortunate incident like yourself. The snake that survived is very nice though.
Back to top Go down
Per-Elon Jonasson
Per-Elon Jonasson

Male

PostSubject: Re: Drymarchon melanarus melanarus (Blacktailed Cribo)   Drymarchon melanarus melanarus (Blacktailed Cribo) Icon_minitimeTue 26 Jul - 22:48

No, they were CB, but she had recently layed eggs so she was very thin. Not really "bad condition" like I wrote...

Maby it could´ve been heat. I don´t know. Hope I do it better next time...

Regards

//Pelon
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Drymarchon melanarus melanarus (Blacktailed Cribo)   Drymarchon melanarus melanarus (Blacktailed Cribo) Icon_minitimeTue 26 Jul - 22:54

Let's hope so.

I have read certain species of Drymarchon are very susceptible to overheating. Not a problem in England as long as you have a termostat Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Stephan Niemann
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male

PostSubject: Re: Drymarchon melanarus melanarus (Blacktailed Cribo)   Drymarchon melanarus melanarus (Blacktailed Cribo) Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jul - 5:37

very nice yellow tail per

owen i lll look if i can find the site agaib from a breeder in the usa you can get all drymarchon from him accept couperis since theycant export those anymore, mine will take another three years before being ready to breed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Drymarchon melanarus melanarus (Blacktailed Cribo)   Drymarchon melanarus melanarus (Blacktailed Cribo) Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jul - 17:55

Stephan, do you mean this site by any chance?

http://web.mac.com/michelsj/Black_Pearl_Reptiles/Home.html

I have emailed him today asking about the process of importing to England. Hopefully I have some luck as it looks like he produces some amazing animals.
Back to top Go down
Stephan Niemann
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male

PostSubject: Re: Drymarchon melanarus melanarus (Blacktailed Cribo)   Drymarchon melanarus melanarus (Blacktailed Cribo) Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jul - 21:55

yeah thats who i am talking about he ll send anything to oyu but couperis cause those he cant export
Back to top Go down
Per-Elon Jonasson
Per-Elon Jonasson

Male

PostSubject: Re: Drymarchon melanarus melanarus (Blacktailed Cribo)   Drymarchon melanarus melanarus (Blacktailed Cribo) Icon_minitimeThu 28 Jul - 5:14

There is a guy in Italy who breed absolutely gorgeous Indigos. Both Black heads and Red heads.

Hes name is Vincenzo Salvatico. I don´t think he´s on this forum, but I know him thru Facebook. He´s expecting juveniles till Hamm in December...

Regards

//Pelon
Back to top Go down
Jon Davidson
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Jon Davidson

Male
Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2009-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Drymarchon melanarus melanarus (Blacktailed Cribo)   Drymarchon melanarus melanarus (Blacktailed Cribo) Icon_minitimeThu 28 Jul - 10:44

eric hasler wrote:
That chondro was a die(dead in the egg) and was used as a 1st meal for an indigo and to generally piss people off who would think that a perfectly healthy chondro would be used as a feeder...now a ball python morph is a whole new ball game...

[img]https://i44.photobucket.com/albums... etc.
These photographs, specimens and snake room look familiar, Mr. Hasler...(MODP ?) or perhaps I'm imagining things?(wink) Sincerely, Jon Davidson .
Back to top Go down
eric hasler
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
eric hasler

Male

PostSubject: everything goes better with an IPA   Drymarchon melanarus melanarus (Blacktailed Cribo) Icon_minitimeFri 29 Jul - 3:52

Owen,everything goes better with an IPA,especially an overly hopped one. Jon good eye,it is indeed the infamous basement but they are my photos,his creations.

ps:MODP
Back to top Go down
Jon Davidson
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Jon Davidson

Male
Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2009-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Drymarchon melanarus melanarus (Blacktailed Cribo)   Drymarchon melanarus melanarus (Blacktailed Cribo) Icon_minitimeFri 29 Jul - 8:55

eric hasler wrote:
Jon good eye,it is indeed the infamous basement but they are my photos,his creations.

ps:MODP
... A lucky guess(wink). Sincerely, Jon Davidson .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Drymarchon melanarus melanarus (Blacktailed Cribo)   Drymarchon melanarus melanarus (Blacktailed Cribo) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Drymarchon melanarus melanarus (Blacktailed Cribo)
Page 1 of 1