VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Triceratolepidophis sieversorum

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dan Scolaro
Dan Scolaro

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Triceratolepidophis sieversorum Empty
PostSubject: Triceratolepidophis sieversorum   Triceratolepidophis sieversorum Icon_minitimeThu 26 Jun - 20:15

I have a yearling pair of these and finally got one to accept a live scented (tree frog) fuzzy mouse just yesterday so hopefully it will continue and the other will switch soon. I hope to breed them in a few short years and gain more information about them as they grow. Although slim and seemingly tree snakes, they remain in their hides during the day but go into the branches in the evenings and rarely do they venture out during the day to bask under their small heat lamps. These are photos of them as babies last year and they are double this size now. I will take more photos soon but they are quite jumpy and I don't like even moving them from their cages for cleaning because of their quick nature to attempt to leap off any table or counter top and have another cage ready side to it for put them in as they remain on a hook for a nano second before flying off. They have calmed a bit over time though and don't flee as quickly now. They were raised on green tree frogs and brown cuban anoles and more so lately just provide anoles.

Dan

Triceratolepidophis sieversorum Triceratolepidophissiversorium1

Triceratolepidophis sieversorum Triceratolepidophissiversorium3
Back to top Go down
Totte Meilstrup
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Totte Meilstrup

Male
Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Triceratolepidophis sieversorum   Triceratolepidophis sieversorum Icon_minitimeThu 26 Jun - 21:12

They are stunning! Shocked
Good luck with them..

Regards
Totte
Back to top Go down
Bartholin Yann
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2008-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Triceratolepidophis sieversorum   Triceratolepidophis sieversorum Icon_minitimeMon 30 Jun - 14:57

nice animals very hard to find(i don't know the good persons), interesting species with protobothrops cornutus, both are on my christmas wishlist.
i've found this on the net but maybe you have it already:

-captive husbandry of p.cornutus a T.sieversorum
www.megasphera.cz/africanvenomoussnakes/images/Jedovati_hadi/PDFs/cornutus.pdf

are they from the same parents??

regards

Yann Bartholin
Back to top Go down
Christian Moisander
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Christian Moisander

Male
Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2008-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Triceratolepidophis sieversorum   Triceratolepidophis sieversorum Icon_minitimeWed 2 Jul - 23:01

Wow, you don't get to see those very often. Tricky scientific name they have.
Glad to see they are doing well under your care. I'll keep my fingers crossed for successful breeding when the time comes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Triceratolepidophis sieversorum   Triceratolepidophis sieversorum Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Triceratolepidophis sieversorum
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VenomLand :: Viperidae :: others-
Jump to: