VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Cannibalistic Individual eating my females every time.

Go down 
+6
Roger Sharp
Chaim Haveman
Graeme Skinner
Ro vd Bergh
Louis Jacobsz
Andrew Hacket
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Andrew Hacket
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Andrew Hacket

Male
Number of posts : 448
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Cannibalistic Individual eating my females every time. Empty
PostSubject: Cannibalistic Individual eating my females every time.   Cannibalistic Individual eating my females every time. Icon_minitimeSat 17 Sep - 2:51

I have for many years now a male A.l.lubricus (for me the prettiest male I ever saw) , and every
year I try this male with 3 different females , but immediately on contact he wants to eat these females.
I try again tonight for the first time and same thing , he bight every single one !! He is well fed animal so these
are not starvation attacks.

Has anyone encountered such a male before ?
I am thinking about taping his mouth shut for a few days , eheh.

Regards
Andrew
Back to top Go down
Andrew Hacket
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Andrew Hacket

Male

PostSubject: Re: Cannibalistic Individual eating my females every time.   Cannibalistic Individual eating my females every time. Icon_minitimeSat 17 Sep - 2:55

I have tried female to male , put both into a new clean cage , nothing works this guy eats every time. I wonder what happen if I put him in my big Mussurana cage, teach the basterd a lesson.
Back to top Go down
Louis Jacobsz
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Louis Jacobsz

Male
Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2010-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Cannibalistic Individual eating my females every time.   Cannibalistic Individual eating my females every time. Icon_minitimeSat 17 Sep - 3:19

Haha...maybe he's just not that into girls...wink wink...haha... Exclamation

Regards.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ljafricancaptivebreds.co.za
Andrew Hacket
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Andrew Hacket

Male

PostSubject: Re: Cannibalistic Individual eating my females every time.   Cannibalistic Individual eating my females every time. Icon_minitimeSat 17 Sep - 7:04

Last edited by Andrew Hacket on Sat 17 Sep - 9:19; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ro vd Bergh
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Ro vd Bergh

Male
Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Cannibalistic Individual eating my females every time.   Cannibalistic Individual eating my females every time. Icon_minitimeSat 17 Sep - 7:10

I have some experience with male Naja sp. that will go into rage and bite every female but most will find a female eventualy that they don't see as a threat or food. But I also know one annulifera that just will kill every snake in range so you could just have a psycho. Sorry. Very Happy

Cheers, Ro.
Back to top Go down
Andrew Hacket
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Andrew Hacket

Male

PostSubject: Re: Cannibalistic Individual eating my females every time.   Cannibalistic Individual eating my females every time. Icon_minitimeSat 17 Sep - 9:06

Thanks Ro, I believe so !
Back to top Go down
Graeme Skinner
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Graeme Skinner

Male
Number of posts : 466
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Cannibalistic Individual eating my females every time.   Cannibalistic Individual eating my females every time. Icon_minitimeSat 17 Sep - 15:14

Andrew Hacket wrote:
I have tried female to male , put both into a new clean cage , nothing works this guy eats every time. I wonder what happen if I put him in my big Mussurana cage, teach the basterd a lesson.

That last remark really put a smile on my face, good luck with your effort Andrew!
Back to top Go down
Andrew Hacket
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Andrew Hacket

Male

PostSubject: Re: Cannibalistic Individual eating my females every time.   Cannibalistic Individual eating my females every time. Icon_minitimeSat 17 Sep - 19:39

Thanks G Smile Update - I put my Blackhead Python female into a big tub last night and put the corals in a 1.8m glass sliding cage , it was really great to see them moving in such a big space.... Anyhow I left the glass cage open and every time he bit the female I smacked on the head with my big tweezers , I felt like I was playing an Xbox game Smile eventually he realize this biting is not working for him. I saw they was coupled this morning. I will separate them now and I will play more lubricus Xbox in the next few weeks with the other females.
Back to top Go down
Andrew Hacket
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Andrew Hacket

Male

PostSubject: Re: Cannibalistic Individual eating my females every time.   Cannibalistic Individual eating my females every time. Icon_minitimeSat 17 Sep - 19:49

This is the little Basterd cheers

Cannibalistic Individual eating my females every time. IMG_0007-2
Back to top Go down
Ro vd Bergh
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Ro vd Bergh

Male

PostSubject: Re: Cannibalistic Individual eating my females every time.   Cannibalistic Individual eating my females every time. Icon_minitimeSat 17 Sep - 19:58

Andrew Hacket wrote:
Thanks G Smile Update - I put my Blackhead Python female into a big tub last night and put the corals in a 1.8m glass sliding cage , it was really great to see them moving in such a big space.... Anyhow I left the glass cage open and every time he bit the female I smacked on the head with my big tweezers , I felt like I was playing an Xbox game Smile eventually he realize this biting is not working for him. I saw they was coupled this morning. I will separate them now and I will play more lubricus Xbox in the next few weeks with the other females.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Stunning animal you got there Exclamation

Cheers, Ro.
Back to top Go down
Chaim Haveman
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Chaim Haveman

Male
Number of posts : 303
Registration date : 2010-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Cannibalistic Individual eating my females every time.   Cannibalistic Individual eating my females every time. Icon_minitimeSat 17 Sep - 20:14

your a funny guy Andrew Hacket!

I wish you a grant HI score with your game (lots of coral youngsters Cool )
indeed a realy nice male, great head markings!
Back to top Go down
Roger Sharp
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Roger Sharp

Male
Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Cannibalistic Individual eating my females every time.   Cannibalistic Individual eating my females every time. Icon_minitimeSat 17 Sep - 21:29

that is a stunning animal Andrew, im hoping to get hold of a couple soon
Back to top Go down
Alex Forzudo
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Alex Forzudo

Male
Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2011-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Cannibalistic Individual eating my females every time.   Cannibalistic Individual eating my females every time. Icon_minitimeSat 17 Sep - 22:27

Beautiful male Andrew!
I hope you'll make them breed without more problems Wink
Back to top Go down
Jan Jonkman
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Jan Jonkman

Male
Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2010-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Cannibalistic Individual eating my females every time.   Cannibalistic Individual eating my females every time. Icon_minitimeSat 17 Sep - 23:12

Andrew Hacket wrote:
This is the little Basterd cheers

If he keeps giving you trouble you just give me the word an I'll take him of your hands faster then you can say Clelia clelia.. Wink

That's one stunning lubricus you have there...!
Back to top Go down
Harold van der Ploeg
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Harold van der Ploeg

Male
Number of posts : 282

PostSubject: Re: Cannibalistic Individual eating my females every time.   Cannibalistic Individual eating my females every time. Icon_minitimeSat 17 Sep - 23:58

Amazing colored animal Andrew!
I keep them in groups (males/females) for years. Sometime I switch animals for breeding and then it can happen that some smaller males are afraid of bib females. Also males together can be a bit problematic, so I keep one male with several females. I have never lost animals because one of them was cannibalistic. I even feed them together (but I always stay in the snakeroom when I feed the Aspidelaps sp. till the finished.

Cheers,
Harold
Back to top Go down
http://www.venomenal.com
Andrew Hacket
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Andrew Hacket

Male

PostSubject: Re: Cannibalistic Individual eating my females every time.   Cannibalistic Individual eating my females every time. Icon_minitimeSun 18 Sep - 3:52

Thanks Venomlander's and also Harold for your insight. Also interesting is that male although looking Cb is infact a WC animal. They occur sometimes in the wild like this ...You wouldn't think so.

Smile
Back to top Go down
Andrew Hacket
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Andrew Hacket

Male

PostSubject: Re: Cannibalistic Individual eating my females every time.   Cannibalistic Individual eating my females every time. Icon_minitimeSun 18 Sep - 3:55

@ Chaim , thank for the HIGH SCORE wishing LOL

@ Jan - CLELIA CLELIA !! too late I said it Razz
Back to top Go down
Andrew Hacket
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Andrew Hacket

Male

PostSubject: Re: Cannibalistic Individual eating my females every time.   Cannibalistic Individual eating my females every time. Icon_minitimeSun 18 Sep - 4:18

Harold ! did you get any of these E.s.lonigicauda in your collection yet ? They get MASSIVE 1.2m ..I just put mine together again this year last year plenty male action no female action. Damn Bitches Razz

Cannibalistic Individual eating my females every time. IMG_5946
Back to top Go down
Chaim Haveman
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Chaim Haveman

Male
Number of posts : 303
Registration date : 2010-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Cannibalistic Individual eating my females every time.   Cannibalistic Individual eating my females every time. Icon_minitimeSun 18 Sep - 5:14

Wow, that E.s.lonigicauda is truely a stunner!!! thanks for sharing
Back to top Go down
Harold van der Ploeg
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Harold van der Ploeg

Male

PostSubject: Re: Cannibalistic Individual eating my females every time.   Cannibalistic Individual eating my females every time. Icon_minitimeSun 18 Sep - 5:54

Amazing longicauda Andrew!!
Thanks for sharing. Nice picture as well Smile

Back to top Go down
Ro vd Bergh
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Ro vd Bergh

Male

PostSubject: Re: Cannibalistic Individual eating my females every time.   Cannibalistic Individual eating my females every time. Icon_minitimeSun 18 Sep - 5:57

That's one stunning 1.2 meters! Shocked

Cheers, Ro.
Back to top Go down
Harold van der Ploeg
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Harold van der Ploeg

Male

PostSubject: Re: Cannibalistic Individual eating my females every time.   Cannibalistic Individual eating my females every time. Icon_minitimeSun 18 Sep - 6:34

Only babies look like this Ro. They change when they get older.
This is a subadult E.s.longicauda I got from Frank last Hamm expo:

Cannibalistic Individual eating my females every time. 307447_219559474766829_100001383351353_629306_1374660100_n

Can you post some pictures of the big ones Andrew?

Thanks in advance,
Harold
Back to top Go down
Andrew Hacket
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Andrew Hacket

Male

PostSubject: Re: Cannibalistic Individual eating my females every time.   Cannibalistic Individual eating my females every time. Icon_minitimeSun 18 Sep - 6:52

Sure. This is a fair size one killed on the road, I measured this one just short of 1m.

Cannibalistic Individual eating my females every time. IMG_3427
Back to top Go down
Ro vd Bergh
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Ro vd Bergh

Male

PostSubject: Re: Cannibalistic Individual eating my females every time.   Cannibalistic Individual eating my females every time. Icon_minitimeSun 18 Sep - 6:54

@Harold; Well that's kind of dissapointing than... Laughing

Cheers, Ro.
Back to top Go down
Andrew Hacket
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Andrew Hacket

Male

PostSubject: Re: Cannibalistic Individual eating my females every time.   Cannibalistic Individual eating my females every time. Icon_minitimeSun 18 Sep - 6:57

@ Ro - Yes its a shame the banding goes. Another adult

Cannibalistic Individual eating my females every time. IMG_0020
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cannibalistic Individual eating my females every time.   Cannibalistic Individual eating my females every time. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cannibalistic Individual eating my females every time.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next