VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Last time for SNAKEDAY Houten?

Go down 
+6
Stephan Niemann
Nigel Sowter
Stefan Anthonijsz
Seb Capdevielle
Peter Schulze Niehoff
Peter van Issem
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Peter van Issem
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Peter van Issem

Male
Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2009-03-08

Last time for SNAKEDAY Houten? Empty
PostSubject: Last time for SNAKEDAY Houten?   Last time for SNAKEDAY Houten? Icon_minitimeMon 10 Oct - 13:48

Yesterday I´ve heared , that the Houten Snakeday will be the last of the Expos in the Netherlands.
I hope not, but please provide us with more information.
I think, our Dutch Members will know more or exactly what is happend with this statement.
Back to top Go down
Peter Schulze Niehoff
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Peter Schulze Niehoff

Male
Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Last time for SNAKEDAY Houten?   Last time for SNAKEDAY Houten? Icon_minitimeMon 10 Oct - 15:49

Hi Peter,

this topic has been discussed a lot lately. One interesting statement I heard in the recent past, was that the Netherland's legislation would generally prohibit vertebrate-animal-fairs from 2012 on. Also was said, the dutch people - cool and relaxed as we know them Wink - then wouldn't follow that regulation, so that in the end everything would be the same than before, although forbidden.
Yesterday I talked to one of the officials of the European Snake Society, who told me, they have no idea what will go on. Currently they were sure to organize the annual SnakeDay again next year, but time will tell, what will happen finally. However, in case of any changes, they will post the information on their homepage, so it wouldn't be a bad idea, to show up there from time to time. (http://www.snakesociety.nl/)

Peter
Back to top Go down
Seb Capdevielle
Seb Capdevielle

Male
Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2011-10-02

PostSubject: Re: Last time for SNAKEDAY Houten?   Last time for SNAKEDAY Houten? Icon_minitimeMon 10 Oct - 19:05

All things coming on sound really bad for the hobby in europe...
Does anyone know if they plan to forbid totally venomous reptiles in Netherlands and Germany???

Gonna be better in France now?! LOL Suspect
Back to top Go down
Peter van Issem
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Peter van Issem

Male

PostSubject: Re: Last time for SNAKEDAY Houten?   Last time for SNAKEDAY Houten? Icon_minitimeMon 10 Oct - 19:19

Ok Peter, I don´t know, that it was dicused in this forum before.

But the rumors yesertday brings me in the moud to post this.
But like you post, this was the same I´ve heared yesterday. A total ban of anny vetrebrate animal expos like a Snakeday or so on.
Back to top Go down
Peter Schulze Niehoff
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Peter Schulze Niehoff

Male
Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Last time for SNAKEDAY Houten?   Last time for SNAKEDAY Houten? Icon_minitimeMon 10 Oct - 19:35

@Peter: Excuse me, I've expressed myself unclearly. No idea, if that topic was discussed on Venomland. But indeed it was spoken about this point at the DGHT's meeting at Trier a week ago. And of course at sociably meetings of herpetoculturists whereever - and last not least at other platforms on the internet.

No idea what will come up, but still waiting patiently

Peter
Back to top Go down
Peter van Issem
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Peter van Issem

Male

PostSubject: Re: Last time for SNAKEDAY Houten?   Last time for SNAKEDAY Houten? Icon_minitimeMon 10 Oct - 19:42

Ok, not matter. My idee was, that we have such a lot of Dutch Members here, that the can us provide with ,,first hand,, News. Some of them will be surely Members of the ESS as well, so they will be up to date - I hope !?
One year we have to wait now, but better we are prepared.
But to look on the snakesociety.nl page will be done from for me from time to time.
Back to top Go down
Stefan Anthonijsz
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Stefan Anthonijsz

Male
Number of posts : 556
Registration date : 2009-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Last time for SNAKEDAY Houten?   Last time for SNAKEDAY Houten? Icon_minitimeMon 10 Oct - 22:22

I'm from the Netherlands but I didn't hear any rumours from people I know or at Dutch venomous forum DGL... So I don't know, I think everything is ok but if someone has some info from a good source please let us hear Smile
Back to top Go down
Nigel Sowter
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male
Number of posts : 406
Registration date : 2010-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Last time for SNAKEDAY Houten?   Last time for SNAKEDAY Houten? Icon_minitimeFri 23 Dec - 17:18

Hope not, planning a trip over with in 2years. Will be staying with Ralf Webbink so he better be home by then (currently in Australia) lol. Went in 2007 & would very much like to go again, if not then i guess the one in Germany will be on the cards. Hope to meet up with some of you venomlanders on this planned trip. Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Stefan Anthonijsz
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Stefan Anthonijsz

Male
Number of posts : 556
Registration date : 2009-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Last time for SNAKEDAY Houten?   Last time for SNAKEDAY Houten? Icon_minitimeFri 23 Dec - 20:31

You are welcome to visit my place mate!
Back to top Go down
Stephan Niemann
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2010-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Last time for SNAKEDAY Houten?   Last time for SNAKEDAY Houten? Icon_minitimeFri 23 Dec - 22:20

Teh last thing i heard from a dtuch source was that the rumor about a law in the nehterlands forbiding any reptile shows is just that a rumor and not true , however it is true that houten snake day might have been the last cause the organizers are having financial problems of osme sort
Back to top Go down
Jan Jonkman
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Jan Jonkman

Male
Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2010-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Last time for SNAKEDAY Houten?   Last time for SNAKEDAY Houten? Icon_minitimeFri 23 Dec - 23:37

I saw the next "Snakeday Houten" being announced on a Dutch board by one of the organizers for the 14th of October.

So no worries for now.. Wink
Back to top Go down
Peter van Issem
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Peter van Issem

Male

PostSubject: Re: Last time for SNAKEDAY Houten?   Last time for SNAKEDAY Houten? Icon_minitimeSat 24 Dec - 2:21

Thats good news from you Jan, I hope that we all can meet at the next snakeday! I love this show, and it will be very very sad if it goes not longer.
Back to top Go down
jean-henri pastore
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male
Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2009-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Last time for SNAKEDAY Houten?   Last time for SNAKEDAY Houten? Icon_minitimeSat 24 Dec - 6:34

yep, i love this show also !
Hope it still alive frome longtime again ! Smile
Back to top Go down
Stefan Wennekes
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Stefan Wennekes

Male
Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2009-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Last time for SNAKEDAY Houten?   Last time for SNAKEDAY Houten? Icon_minitimeSat 24 Dec - 7:50

Yup, Date has set, And our table is already planned.
So thus far all looks good and we can have a nice snakeday in 2012 Smile .
Back to top Go down
http://www.oldworldophidia.com/indexeng.html
Nigel Sowter
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male
Number of posts : 406
Registration date : 2010-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Last time for SNAKEDAY Houten?   Last time for SNAKEDAY Houten? Icon_minitimeSat 24 Dec - 8:43

Stefan Anthonijsz wrote:
You are welcome to visit my place mate!
Many Thanks Stefan!
Back to top Go down
Johann Prescher
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Johann Prescher

Male
Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2011-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Last time for SNAKEDAY Houten?   Last time for SNAKEDAY Houten? Icon_minitimeSat 24 Dec - 16:36

It will be on 14 oktober 2012
Back to top Go down
Jan Jonkman
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Jan Jonkman

Male
Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2010-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Last time for SNAKEDAY Houten?   Last time for SNAKEDAY Houten? Icon_minitimeSat 24 Dec - 17:12

Isn't that just what I said Johann? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Johann Prescher
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Johann Prescher

Male
Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2011-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Last time for SNAKEDAY Houten?   Last time for SNAKEDAY Houten? Icon_minitimeSat 24 Dec - 22:02

Yep! Embarassed

I'm running to the nearest optician to get some glasses! Suspect

Didn't see it I guess...

Best regards,
Johann
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last time for SNAKEDAY Houten?   Last time for SNAKEDAY Houten? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Last time for SNAKEDAY Houten?
Page 1 of 1