VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Aspidelaps lubricus lubricus?

Go down 
+2
Jake Hawthorne
Koshy George
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Koshy George

Male
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2011-09-13

Aspidelaps lubricus lubricus? Empty
PostSubject: Aspidelaps lubricus lubricus?   Aspidelaps lubricus lubricus? Icon_minitimeWed 30 Nov - 4:14

Hey guys,

I just came a across a 2008 CBB Aspidelaps lubricus lubricus. Can you all tell me if it truely is a Aspidelaps lubricus lubricus, the coloring seems to be a lil darker than what I have seen. Anyways, check out the picture and let me know what you all think.

Aspidelaps lubricus lubricus? Aspedi10

Aspidelaps lubricus lubricus? Coralc10

Thanks

kG
Back to top Go down
Jake Hawthorne
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2010-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Aspidelaps lubricus lubricus?   Aspidelaps lubricus lubricus? Icon_minitimeWed 30 Nov - 5:04

Looks like an A. l. infuscatus to me... but I think that taxon was removed so now it's just A. lubricus.

It could also be minor difference in colouring inside the normal range of varience within a species.
Back to top Go down
Rob Deans
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Rob Deans

Male
Number of posts : 322
Registration date : 2008-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Aspidelaps lubricus lubricus?   Aspidelaps lubricus lubricus? Icon_minitimeWed 30 Nov - 15:19

Koshy in my opinion that snake is Aspidelaps l. cowlesi (infuscatus was dropped so only A. l. lubricus and cowlesi apply)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aspidelaps lubricus lubricus?   Aspidelaps lubricus lubricus? Icon_minitimeWed 30 Nov - 16:24

Hi there,

I agree, definitively an A.lubricus cowlesi.

Regards
Back to top Go down
Koshy George

Male

PostSubject: Re: Aspidelaps lubricus lubricus?   Aspidelaps lubricus lubricus? Icon_minitimeThu 1 Dec - 14:55

Ok I was pretty sure it wasn't a Aspidelaps lubricus lubricus. Thanks guys. Is the care and general behavior similar to Aspidelaps lubricus lubricus?

My plan was to keep it in a medium ExoTerra cage 60 x 45 x 45 cm / 24” x 18” x 18” (WxDxH). My intentions were to create a naturalistic enclosure with the use of sand and gravel for substrate and maybe a succulent for flora. Do you all recommend a radiant heat panel or under tank heat mat? I was planning on setting the warm side to 87 degrees Fahrenheit (I think that's 30 degrees Celsius). Lighting would be 12hrs provided by florescent tube. Any suggestions or recommendations?

Thanks again for all the assistance!

-kG
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aspidelaps lubricus lubricus?   Aspidelaps lubricus lubricus? Icon_minitimeThu 1 Dec - 16:18

Hi there,

On my side, I keep them in a 80x60x70cm (length, depth, height) enclosure. My only heating source is the light with a normal glow bulb. I get every year mating and eggs like that. Temperature is about 32c in summer during day, and 25 over night.

Here a picture of the enclosure

Aspidelaps lubricus lubricus? Dsc_0022
Back to top Go down
Kevin Kleinberger
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Kevin Kleinberger

Male
Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2011-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Aspidelaps lubricus lubricus?   Aspidelaps lubricus lubricus? Icon_minitimeThu 1 Dec - 20:26

Seems to be Aspidelaps L. Cowlesi!!
Best regards.
Back to top Go down
http://www.venom-dream.de.tl
Koshy George

Male

PostSubject: Re: Aspidelaps lubricus lubricus?   Aspidelaps lubricus lubricus? Icon_minitimeFri 2 Dec - 5:49

Thanks Lucas, for the info. Your tank looks amazing!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aspidelaps lubricus lubricus?   Aspidelaps lubricus lubricus? Icon_minitimeFri 2 Dec - 17:05

You're welcome!

Back to top Go down
Mike Pipierfield

Mike Pipierfield

Male
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2012-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Aspidelaps lubricus lubricus?   Aspidelaps lubricus lubricus? Icon_minitimeTue 14 Aug - 22:21

I too have just bought a Aspidelaps lubricus lubricus or so im told. Its a male around 4 years of age. here's a pic maybe you guys can help me identify my snake as you did with Koshy George

Aspidelaps lubricus lubricus? Dscf5711
Back to top Go down
Paul Bester
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2012-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Aspidelaps lubricus lubricus?   Aspidelaps lubricus lubricus? Icon_minitimeTue 14 Aug - 23:41

That is a A.l.cowlesi as well.
Back to top Go down
Mike Pipierfield

Mike Pipierfield

Male

PostSubject: Re: Aspidelaps lubricus lubricus?   Aspidelaps lubricus lubricus? Icon_minitimeWed 15 Aug - 8:35

Paul Bester wrote:

Thanks i thought as much. Just out out curiosity how can you tell?
Back to top Go down
Paul Bester
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male

PostSubject: Re: Aspidelaps lubricus lubricus?   Aspidelaps lubricus lubricus? Icon_minitimeWed 15 Aug - 18:40

Mike Pipierfield wrote:
Paul Bester wrote:

Thanks i thought as much. Just out out curiosity how can you tell?

The colouration and markings are much different.
Here is a (bad) pic of my A.l.lubricus:

Aspidelaps lubricus lubricus? Coral

If you want I can send you a paper on the genus Aspidelaps?
Back to top Go down
Mike Pipierfield

Mike Pipierfield

Male

PostSubject: Re: Aspidelaps lubricus lubricus?   Aspidelaps lubricus lubricus? Icon_minitimeWed 15 Aug - 20:35

I would love paper on the genus Aspidelaps. And also do you know of any A.l.lubricus breeders willing to ship to Canada?
Back to top Go down
Paul Bester
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male

PostSubject: Re: Aspidelaps lubricus lubricus?   Aspidelaps lubricus lubricus? Icon_minitimeWed 15 Aug - 22:34

PM me your e-mail and I will send you the paper. I know of people who breed them here, but I dont think they export them.
Back to top Go down
Mike Pipierfield

Mike Pipierfield

Male

PostSubject: Re: Aspidelaps lubricus lubricus?   Aspidelaps lubricus lubricus? Icon_minitimeFri 17 Aug - 3:40

Paul Bester wrote:
PM me your e-mail and I will send you the paper. I know of people who breed them here, but I dont think they export them.

did you get my pm?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aspidelaps lubricus lubricus?   Aspidelaps lubricus lubricus? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Aspidelaps lubricus lubricus?
Page 1 of 1