VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Trimeresurus phuketensis

Go down 
+2
Eli Carleton
Kriss Kolderup
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Kriss Kolderup
Kriss Kolderup

Male
Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2009-02-23

Trimeresurus phuketensis Empty
PostSubject: Trimeresurus phuketensis   Trimeresurus phuketensis Icon_minitimeWed 28 Dec - 21:34

Hi guys Smile

I just arrived back from a two month long trip in Thailand and parts of Indonesia. I was filming and hosting e a six episode nature documentary series, for a norwegian broadcaster. The series is about the three giant reptiles from the southeast Asia, the kingcobra, reticulated python and the komodo dragon (ditched the crocodile in this one, two much croc shows on the telly allready). But on my way i met alot of other interesting wildlife and people which i documented Smile

Just wanted to share a couple of pictures of the newly described Trimeresurus phuketensis, which i found with one of the guys that was the first to describe it, Mr. Montri Sumontha. Enjoy Smile

Trimeresurus phuketensis from the south of Thailand :

Trimeresurus phuketensis Img_9410

Trimeresurus phuketensis Img_9510
Back to top Go down
Eli Carleton
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2010-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Trimeresurus phuketensis   Trimeresurus phuketensis Icon_minitimeFri 30 Dec - 11:29

Very nice snake!

Thank you for sharing.

Can you tell us more about it? To my untrained eye it looks similar to a Trimeresurus kanburiensis.

Eli
Back to top Go down
Kriss Kolderup
Kriss Kolderup

Male
Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Trimeresurus phuketensis   Trimeresurus phuketensis Icon_minitimeFri 30 Dec - 19:56

Drop me an pm with your mailadress, and i send you the paper on the species Smile

Kind regards
Kriss
Back to top Go down
Peter van Issem
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Peter van Issem

Male
Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Trimeresurus phuketensis   Trimeresurus phuketensis Icon_minitimeFri 30 Dec - 20:13

@ Eli: T. kanburiensis looks not so similar to that species. The most related species are T. fucata or buniana. The fucatas from Langkawi Island Malaysia come very colse to that, but not all of them. Very uniqe is, that the females looks more like a male in this species. Normaly, the ,,green´´ members of this Complex has greenish females and the males are only with such patterns and Stripes. And kanburiensis shows not such colors. It is more dull , more camuflage colored - very colose to venustus.
Back to top Go down
Vincent Drèze
Vincent Drèze

Male
Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Trimeresurus phuketensis   Trimeresurus phuketensis Icon_minitimeFri 30 Dec - 22:07

i am interesting for the papers ! cyclops

thank's

vince
Back to top Go down
Gustav Eloy
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Gustav Eloy

Male
Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Trimeresurus phuketensis   Trimeresurus phuketensis Icon_minitimeSat 31 Dec - 6:24

very interesting sr, thanks for sharing, by the way do you have more pics of this species?'
best regards
Back to top Go down
Eli Carleton
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2010-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Trimeresurus phuketensis   Trimeresurus phuketensis Icon_minitimeSat 31 Dec - 9:17

PM sent, Thank you Kriss!

Peter, you are very well informed! Smile Thank you for the additional info. I had never even heard of T. fucata or buniana. That is what I love about this forum, I learn something every time I come here.

rgds,

Eli
Back to top Go down
Peter van Issem
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Peter van Issem

Male
Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Trimeresurus phuketensis   Trimeresurus phuketensis Icon_minitimeSat 31 Dec - 21:11

Nice to heare Eli !

Yes, thats what a forum makes! Not only posting pictures or so on... ;-)
When you google Popeia buniana you can find also a copy on this species! It was discribed by GRISMER et al. some years ago.

Back to top Go down
Sean Barnett

Male
Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2011-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Trimeresurus phuketensis   Trimeresurus phuketensis Icon_minitimeSun 1 Jan - 16:26

Very beautiful snakes!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trimeresurus phuketensis   Trimeresurus phuketensis Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trimeresurus phuketensis
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VenomLand :: Viperidae :: Trimeresurus sensu lato :: Trimeresurus (Craspedocephalus)-
Jump to: