VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Atheris squamigera in captivity

Go down 
+2
Jean-Pierre Linossier
David Guerra
6 posters
AuthorMessage
David Guerra
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
David Guerra

Male
Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2011-02-18

Atheris squamigera in captivity Empty
PostSubject: Atheris squamigera in captivity   Atheris squamigera in captivity Icon_minitimeThu 19 Jan - 2:45

Hello breeders of atheris,
I send this message for have information about the parameter for a good captivity for A. squamigera?
- the good size of terrarium?
- the temperature (night/day and season of the year)?
- the humidity?
and all others informations important for this species.
thanks a lot for your help.
Best regards
David Guerra
Back to top Go down
Jean-Pierre Linossier
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Jean-Pierre Linossier

Male
Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2011-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Atheris squamigera in captivity   Atheris squamigera in captivity Icon_minitimeThu 19 Jan - 3:02

Did you see this one ?

http://www.snakevipera-reptiles.com/pages/fiches-d-elevage/viperines/atheris-squamigera-squamigera.html

I' like more informations too

Best regards

Jean-Pierre
Back to top Go down
http://viperidae.fr

PostSubject: Re: Atheris squamigera in captivity   Atheris squamigera in captivity Icon_minitimeThu 19 Jan - 3:34

Hi there David,

I could give you the advice to take contact with one of the numerous keepers in Switzerland that already bred this specie. There are quite some!

Regards.
Back to top Go down
David Guerra
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
David Guerra

Male

PostSubject: Re: Atheris squamigera in captivity   Atheris squamigera in captivity Icon_minitimeThu 19 Jan - 4:37

thanks for the links!
and Lucas, with pleasure Wink thanks
Back to top Go down
David Guerra
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
David Guerra

Male

PostSubject: Re: Atheris squamigera in captivity   Atheris squamigera in captivity Icon_minitimeThu 19 Jan - 4:48

Atheris squamigera in captivity Aaaabsg

just a picture from one. take at "vivarium de Lausanne" Switzerland.

all breeders of atheris of venomland. thanks for your participation. Wink
Back to top Go down
Derek Morgan
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Derek Morgan

Male
Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Atheris squamigera in captivity   Atheris squamigera in captivity Icon_minitimeFri 10 Feb - 6:51

Very nice, I love the photo, David!
Back to top Go down
http://www.arborealvipers.com
Bob Herrington
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2009-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Atheris squamigera in captivity   Atheris squamigera in captivity Icon_minitimeFri 10 Feb - 8:15

The above link is in French, but google translate did a great job converting it to English.
Thanks,
Bob
Back to top Go down
Derek Morgan
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Derek Morgan

Male

PostSubject: Re: Atheris squamigera in captivity   Atheris squamigera in captivity Icon_minitimeFri 10 Feb - 20:51

Oops, sorry. I thought I had a link to my website in my signature here, but I do not. I have some information posted on this species: www.arborealvipers.com.
Back to top Go down
Tomaz Jagar
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2012-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Atheris squamigera in captivity   Atheris squamigera in captivity Icon_minitimeTue 6 Mar - 17:00

Does anyone keep squams in groups or just strictly separate? I was planing to house a 2.2 group of 1 year old animals in a 40x40x70 terrarium until they get big enough to move into separate 'breeding' terrariums, but would like some expert opinion on that.

Many thanks, Tomaz
Back to top Go down
Derek Morgan
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Derek Morgan

Male

PostSubject: Re: Atheris squamigera in captivity   Atheris squamigera in captivity Icon_minitimeThu 8 Mar - 10:48

I know plenty of people who keep squams paired up all year long and many do not have a problem. My brother used to keep some pairs together habitually; some pairs just seem to get a long well. But almost every year I have a squam bite its mate and sometimes they die or sometimes they get paralyzed. Very rarely does nothing bad happen. So I keep all of mine separated all year long except for during breeding. I've seen cannibalism with juveniles, too. My opinion is to not risk it and don't put the animals under the unneccesary stress of being housed together.
Back to top Go down
Neven Vrbanic
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Atheris squamigera in captivity   Atheris squamigera in captivity Icon_minitimeThu 8 Mar - 16:11

I keep 3.2 adults together in well plented terrarium 100x60x60cm all year long and never had any problems. They breed without any difficulties when kept that was, I only have to be careful when it cames to feeding, but since they all eat dead mice from foreceps it is not too big of a problem.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Atheris squamigera in captivity   Atheris squamigera in captivity Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Atheris squamigera in captivity
Page 1 of 1