VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

2012 Cerastes vipera have arrived.

Go down 
+4
Peter van Issem
Andre Schmid
Manuel Ebert
Louis Jacobsz
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Louis Jacobsz
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Louis Jacobsz

Male
Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2010-09-14

2012 Cerastes vipera have arrived. Empty
PostSubject: 2012 Cerastes vipera have arrived.   2012 Cerastes vipera have arrived. Icon_minitimeMon 13 Feb - 15:09

After a confusing start to the mating season he finally got it right and the female dropped 6 (4.2) healthy babies, no slugs and no stillborns.

The confusion:

http://www.venomland.net/t4819-confused-cerastes-vipera

The result:

2012 Cerastes vipera have arrived. Sand_002_28768_x_51229

2012 Cerastes vipera have arrived. Woomas_063_28768_x_51229

2012 Cerastes vipera have arrived. Sand_009_28768_x_51229

2012 Cerastes vipera have arrived. Sand_010_28768_x_51229

One happy mom...

2012 Cerastes vipera have arrived. Woomas_049_28512_x_76829

And the little ones having their first feed...Please excuse my dirty lens.

2012 Cerastes vipera have arrived. First_eat_vipera_001_28768_x_51229

2012 Cerastes vipera have arrived. First_eat_vipera_003_28768_x_51229
Back to top Go down
http://www.ljafricancaptivebreds.co.za
Manuel Ebert
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2010-01-18

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cerastes vipera have arrived.   2012 Cerastes vipera have arrived. Icon_minitimeMon 13 Feb - 18:21

Good Morning Louis,

congratulations! Cute little cerastes you got there.

Kind Regards, Manuel Ebert
Back to top Go down
http://www.manuelebertherpetology.com
Andre Schmid
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Andre Schmid

Male
Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2009-09-20

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cerastes vipera have arrived.   2012 Cerastes vipera have arrived. Icon_minitimeMon 13 Feb - 19:39

Congrats on that cute little sidewinders !
Back to top Go down
http://www.viperas.de/
Peter van Issem
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Peter van Issem

Male
Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cerastes vipera have arrived.   2012 Cerastes vipera have arrived. Icon_minitimeTue 14 Feb - 1:38

Looks nice Louis!

Congrats, to the youngsters!
I can remember my first baby C. vipera. I don´t breed them by my self, I bought fresh born ones on a german Reptile Expo, for very cheep money, because the breeder don´t wanna try to feed them, or has not the time for this. I was so happy the day, they feed there fist compl. Pinky by them self... and than the grow up very fast.

I hope you will have succes with them, a real nice and intresting snake.
Back to top Go down
Louis Jacobsz
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Louis Jacobsz

Male

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cerastes vipera have arrived.   2012 Cerastes vipera have arrived. Icon_minitimeTue 14 Feb - 15:14

Thanks a lot guys !

@Peter, did you scent the pinkies or did they take them just like that ?

They are truly interesting little snakes with lots of personality !

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Peter van Issem
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Peter van Issem

Male

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cerastes vipera have arrived.   2012 Cerastes vipera have arrived. Icon_minitimeWed 15 Feb - 1:26

Hi Louis,

first I have try to feed them with parts from babymices, but they don´t acceped them. I forcefeed them with legs and so... Then I start to wash the pinkys and after drying I add ,,Lizard Maker´´ from T-Rex. It woks in this case. Not all the time, but with each feeding time more and more. I´m not sure if it was the result with this product or the still trying and trying with washed mices. But after some weeks the grow up, and start to feed non markered mices also. After this, they acceped everthing I gave to them. To use a real Lizard will maby also bring good results? Maby better! But to wash the typical mice smell is very important to me! Some mices are real skunks ;-)
Fingercrossing for yours!
Back to top Go down
Kevin Kleinberger
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Kevin Kleinberger

Male
Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2011-11-20

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cerastes vipera have arrived.   2012 Cerastes vipera have arrived. Icon_minitimeWed 15 Feb - 5:22

Awesome pics. Little cute ones
Back to top Go down
http://www.venom-dream.de.tl
Mats Jonsson
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Mats Jonsson

Male
Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2011-08-04

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cerastes vipera have arrived.   2012 Cerastes vipera have arrived. Icon_minitimeWed 15 Feb - 8:45

Very nice done!
But
Eating pinkis on the picture?
It looks like lizard tails to me?
cant see the pinkis anywhere, am i missing som pics?
reg
Mats
Back to top Go down
Louis Jacobsz
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Louis Jacobsz

Male

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cerastes vipera have arrived.   2012 Cerastes vipera have arrived. Icon_minitimeWed 15 Feb - 16:18

Thanks guys !

@Peter, thanks for the advice, I'll give it a go and see how they do. I'll keep you posted !

@Mats, In the pictures they are feeding on gecko tails. I have bred these before and thought I'd try something new this time (thought it would get them feeding by themselves faster). I'll start trying the "washed" pinkie idea from their next feed onwards.

Kind regards
Louis.
Back to top Go down
Fabian Dirks
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Fabian Dirks

Male
Number of posts : 766
Registration date : 2009-01-07

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cerastes vipera have arrived.   2012 Cerastes vipera have arrived. Icon_minitimeWed 15 Feb - 17:36

Hello Peter,

is the Lizard Maker still available ?

rgds Fabian
Back to top Go down
http://www.rear-fanged.com
Peter van Issem
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Peter van Issem

Male

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cerastes vipera have arrived.   2012 Cerastes vipera have arrived. Icon_minitimeThu 16 Feb - 1:20

Hi Fabian,
I don´t know, but when you google them, you can find some on shop sites. I´m not sure if this sites are ,,up to date´´ or not!
The C. vipera feeding sesion is now around 10 years ago, mabye longer...
Back to top Go down
mark craddock
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
mark craddock

Male
Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2009-02-20

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cerastes vipera have arrived.   2012 Cerastes vipera have arrived. Icon_minitimeThu 16 Feb - 2:10

I had good success with newborn Natal rats/multimamate mice/African soft fur rats.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cerastes vipera have arrived.   2012 Cerastes vipera have arrived. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2012 Cerastes vipera have arrived.
Page 1 of 1