VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

[Heloderma horridum sp.] - Lets append and discuiss a Heloderma horridum photo thread

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kostas Konstantinidis
Kostas Konstantinidis

Male
Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2011-07-07

[Heloderma horridum sp.] - Lets append and discuiss a Heloderma horridum photo thread Empty
PostSubject: [Heloderma horridum sp.] - Lets append and discuiss a Heloderma horridum photo thread   [Heloderma horridum sp.] - Lets append and discuiss a Heloderma horridum photo thread Icon_minitimeSat 10 Mar - 21:05

Hello Beaded Lizard funs,

I suppose, we are a minority over the Venomland forums. The most of hobbists in these forums keep venomous snakes. After all, how pretty sounds the idea,
to concentrate in a very topic and post photos and cage keeping styles, to discuiss the keeping of this very special lizard?

I do this mother-post, introducing you my 4 pet beaded lizards I own in some old and recent but discretely photo frames. Before every frame there are some clues
of the animal.

This is my first beaded. It is about 2,5 yo now. The photo is yesteryears. It was just before I transfered him in a
final cage. In this photo the water tank is distinctly small, as he grows rapidly. Today he is about 65cm
and about 860gr.

[Heloderma horridum sp.] - Lets append and discuiss a Heloderma horridum photo thread 011

[Heloderma horridum sp.] - Lets append and discuiss a Heloderma horridum photo thread PB280789

[Heloderma horridum sp.] - Lets append and discuiss a Heloderma horridum photo thread Hel_horr_02-2012

Here's my second one. This is 2 yo now. He is curious about whats going on, so he produces this mysterious
profile over the camera.

[Heloderma horridum sp.] - Lets append and discuiss a Heloderma horridum photo thread 27

[Heloderma horridum sp.] - Lets append and discuiss a Heloderma horridum photo thread P1110052

I recently earned 2 more specimens. Bellow I introduce you them. They were born on January 2011. They come to me when they were about 4-5 months old.
They are Applegate X Applegate, and the one specimen is higher yellow than the other (interesting). This photo is the day they came to me.
[Heloderma horridum sp.] - Lets append and discuiss a Heloderma horridum photo thread 30

Here's the first one.
[Heloderma horridum sp.] - Lets append and discuiss a Heloderma horridum photo thread 006

[Heloderma horridum sp.] - Lets append and discuiss a Heloderma horridum photo thread 008

[Heloderma horridum sp.] - Lets append and discuiss a Heloderma horridum photo thread P2190088

[Heloderma horridum sp.] - Lets append and discuiss a Heloderma horridum photo thread 010

[Heloderma horridum sp.] - Lets append and discuiss a Heloderma horridum photo thread Hel_horr_exas_1001

And here's the second one.
[Heloderma horridum sp.] - Lets append and discuiss a Heloderma horridum photo thread Heloderma_horridum_exas_099

[Heloderma horridum sp.] - Lets append and discuiss a Heloderma horridum photo thread Heloderma_horridum_exasperatum_juv_0313

Is there anyone else who's keeping beaded lizards?

Last edited by Kostas Konstantinidis on Sun 11 Mar - 17:00; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.erpetarium.com
Thor Hakonsen
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Thor Hakonsen

Male
Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2011-10-28

[Heloderma horridum sp.] - Lets append and discuiss a Heloderma horridum photo thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Heloderma horridum sp.] - Lets append and discuiss a Heloderma horridum photo thread   [Heloderma horridum sp.] - Lets append and discuiss a Heloderma horridum photo thread Icon_minitimeSat 10 Mar - 21:47

I'm not keeping them - But I have had the pleasure to photograph them once. And since this thread is in the photography-section I guess it would be alright to just post the pictures..

[Heloderma horridum sp.] - Lets append and discuiss a Heloderma horridum photo thread 3055968795_25a47a01be_o
Heloderma horridum horridum - Beaded Lizard by Thor Hakonsen, on Flickr

[Heloderma horridum sp.] - Lets append and discuiss a Heloderma horridum photo thread 3052039095_6b17097e40_o
Heloderma horridum horridum - Beaded Lizard by Thor Hakonsen, on Flickr

The animal was in Norway at the time of photography - I think the animal is sold, but I'm unaware to where
Back to top Go down
http://www.thorhakonsen.com
Kostas Konstantinidis
Kostas Konstantinidis

Male
Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2011-07-07

PostSubject: Re: [Heloderma horridum sp.] - Lets append and discuiss a Heloderma horridum photo thread   [Heloderma horridum sp.] - Lets append and discuiss a Heloderma horridum photo thread Icon_minitimeSat 10 Mar - 21:55

Hello Thor,

thank you very much for your fast response. Well, these are H. horridum exasperatum specimens, from Rio Fuerte area. Just like my lizards!

Of course, your photos are always an artwork! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.erpetarium.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Heloderma horridum sp.] - Lets append and discuiss a Heloderma horridum photo thread   [Heloderma horridum sp.] - Lets append and discuiss a Heloderma horridum photo thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Heloderma horridum sp.] - Lets append and discuiss a Heloderma horridum photo thread
Page 1 of 1