VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Another one/couple from Germany

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Stefan Luksch

Male
Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-04-30

Another one/couple from Germany Empty
PostSubject: Another one/couple from Germany   Another one/couple from Germany Icon_minitimeFri 15 Aug - 3:57

Hello you all,

Blimey! I rather should learn to hear to what my "wife" says and learn to read what she writes...
Guess she had already introduced herself and also me when having registered here...but that's not the case...

Well, what can I say that might be important about us?

Both of us are CB 1980, Martina born in Ludwigsburg in the -Mario called it "Ländle", myself born in Lower Saxony in a town near Hanover.

I hope Martina will write some words about herself (how started to care reptiles and so on Smile )
Myseld started in 1993 with keeping snakes affected by my cousin's snakes who kept several Python molurus bivittatus, Thamnophis spec and P.guttatus.
During the following years the stock slowly continued getting more extensive until a few years ago I purchased the first venomous snakes, starting with Ahaetulla prasina and Sistrurus catenatus tergeminus. But as you all know there are a lot of beautiful snakes and the desire of getting more is not to stop...
In 2005 I met Martina in a chatroom of a german snake-portal called "Schlangengrube.de". For the first time we liked us not very much but for a moment of mental derangement we arranged a date for a film in a cinema one day before Hamm-fair end of 2005. But neither I engaged her sympathy for me nor she engaged my sympathy for her.
Don't ask me how it did come but someday I got in my car and drove 500km from Hanover to south of Germany in order to rearrange her garden... And the story began... Mid of 2006 I asked her becoming my wife and in September 2008 we will marry...God bless our hobby...

We are proud we got a pair of C.ruschenbergerii two years ago and having last year the first litter of those...Unfortunately there were only two of five able to live but we hope best for future...
Most snakes are P.guttatus we breed in serveral colours. Some C.hortulanus, Boa constrictor imperator, Gongylophis, Python regius and P.obsoletus join the group of non-venomous snakes... With Bitis gabonica, Crotalus, Gloydius, Bothrops, Naja, (Dein-)Agkistrodon, Porthidium and some species of the old Trimeresurus-complex we have no solid line in our interests in venomous snakes...

Against the common attitude of a lot of German reptile-keepers we prefer keeping our snakes in natural designed containers... Unfortunately we have just moved so we were forced to build new containers that still have to be designed like our gusto...

In order to get inspiration for designing we often start trips on form of excursions to reptile-terrain in Germany and as far as possible throughout Europe. That's how a lot of photos have been taken... Smile

Here I just remember something I want to ask you guys... We are always looking for photos of the natural habitats of our kept snakes... If anyone has some, feel welcome to send them to us Smile

Now...to make a long sentence short... We are happy to join this portal and are looking forward to learn a lot about the snakes in the world...
It's wonderful to have found some guys that really know what they do and who do not talk whole the day about genetic of cornsnakes and all that stuff...
Back to the roots!
Back to top Go down
Peter Pastor
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Peter Pastor

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2008-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Another one/couple from Germany   Another one/couple from Germany Icon_minitimeSat 16 Aug - 4:10

Hi Stefan,

welcome over here oficially now (you was a part of this forum a longer time already for a while, didn`t you? Wink

Hope you both are ok, the same as your animals...

All the best,
Peter P.
Back to top Go down
Stefan Luksch

Male
Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Another one/couple from Germany   Another one/couple from Germany Icon_minitimeSat 16 Aug - 4:23

Hi Peter,

yes I was... but as it is I need little time to have the heart to write some words in english after 10 years of nearless no spoken or written word...

Thanks for your wishes...Animals and ourselves are very fine...
Finally some weeks ago we got offspring of Agkistrodon taylori... It was a litter of 6 snakes, 3 dead when born, 2 very fine but one with a little break in spine.
Another one/couple from Germany 400_3965336438356533

Seems to be the only offspring of venomous snakes this year...

Cheers

Stefan
Back to top Go down
René Ries
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
René Ries

Male
Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Another one/couple from Germany   Another one/couple from Germany Icon_minitimeSun 17 Aug - 19:17

Hi Stefan!
Way to nice to "see" you here on that rather corsnakeless board!
cheers

Best wishes!
René
Back to top Go down
Markus Gottlieb
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Markus Gottlieb

Male
Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Another one/couple from Germany   Another one/couple from Germany Icon_minitimeSun 17 Aug - 19:35

Hi Stefan (and Tini)

Nice to see you here Smile

Greetings,

Markus
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another one/couple from Germany   Another one/couple from Germany Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another one/couple from Germany
Page 1 of 1