VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Varanus olivaceus eggs

Go down 
+6
René Ries
Arcy_Salvacion
Sven Vogler
Markus Gottlieb
Mario Lutz
Benjamin Lutz
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Benjamin Lutz
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Benjamin Lutz

Male
Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2008-03-30

Varanus olivaceus eggs Empty
PostSubject: Varanus olivaceus eggs   Varanus olivaceus eggs Icon_minitimeMon 18 Aug - 13:44

here you see new V.olivaceus eggs!

Varanus olivaceus eggs Img_2812

and here you see me with one of the eggs!

Varanus olivaceus eggs Benny_11

Hopefully our Females are not yet finish with egg-laying!!

Greetz Ben
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-reptileman.com
Mario Lutz
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Mario Lutz

Male
Number of posts : 1416
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Varanus olivaceus eggs   Varanus olivaceus eggs Icon_minitimeMon 18 Aug - 15:03

Ben, you wrote this like it is the most common thing in the word to have Varanus olivaceus eggs in the incubator. maybe you let folks here know, what is so special with the Butaan!

cheers
Mario
Back to top Go down
http://www.venomland.org
Markus Gottlieb
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Markus Gottlieb

Male
Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Varanus olivaceus eggs   Varanus olivaceus eggs Icon_minitimeMon 18 Aug - 15:39

Congratulations!

Great, Varanus eggs, i love these big animals Smile

Do you have pics of the parents?

Greetings,

Markus
Back to top Go down
Sven Vogler

Male
Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Varanus olivaceus eggs   Varanus olivaceus eggs Icon_minitimeMon 18 Aug - 19:10

I certainly know what makes this lizard so special and I must say that I am deeply impressed by this breeding success!

Cheers from Hamburg!

Sven Vogler
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/djsnakemanhamburg
Arcy_Salvacion
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Varanus olivaceus eggs   Varanus olivaceus eggs Icon_minitimeWed 20 Aug - 20:38

thats nice benny,
your favorite just laid eggs, Very Happy
best of luck for you bro!!!

Regards

Arcy

Last edited by Arcy_Salvacion on Wed 20 Aug - 20:43; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Arcy_Salvacion
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Varanus olivaceus eggs   Varanus olivaceus eggs Icon_minitimeWed 20 Aug - 20:43

By the way, i agree with Mario, can you share more info about V.olivaceus,
so they would know how special this lizards r,

Cheers
-Arcy
Back to top Go down
René Ries
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
René Ries

Male
Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Varanus olivaceus eggs   Varanus olivaceus eggs Icon_minitimeSat 6 Sep - 22:46

That´s a great breeding success!!
I red that the incubation period is up to 300 days - seems really long to me.

Please let us know some more informations about V. olivaceus. Always nice and important to get first hand informations!

By the way: You don´t have Varanus mabitang at your zoo? Dont you?

All the best!
René
Back to top Go down
Mario Lutz
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Mario Lutz

Male

PostSubject: Re: Varanus olivaceus eggs   Varanus olivaceus eggs Icon_minitimeSun 7 Sep - 11:35

hi Rene,

no, we do not have Varanus mabitang at the Zoo... i hav´nt even seen one until now...
last year, we was discussing with the government if it makes sense to collect a small breeding group from the wild and start a conservation breeding program.. somehow, we dont get trough with it.. it would be very important - but we cant raise funds for it....

cheers
Mario
Back to top Go down
Mario Lutz
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Mario Lutz

Male

PostSubject: Varanus olivaceus   Varanus olivaceus eggs Icon_minitimeSun 7 Sep - 12:06

we do have breeding of Varanus olivaceus done in the past, actually, we breed this species since 4 years in a row.

Varanus olivaceus eggs Olivac10
here we have some eggs from 2004

Varanus olivaceus eggs Olivac11
the babies

Varanus olivaceus eggs Herpaw10
one close up

Varanus olivaceus eggs Schleg10
one of the females

Varanus olivaceus eggs Pictur10
and another one

the Butaan is one of the most fascinating monitor Lizards i came across with so far.. we keep lots of Monitors here, but the V.olivaceus is very special to me and all of us.

Varanus olivaceus eggs Wowcum10

that is an adult Varanus cumingi male, this guys can be a handful - and you think Ophiophagus hannah is dangerous?! think again!

cheers
Mario
Back to top Go down
René Ries
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
René Ries

Male
Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Varanus olivaceus eggs   Varanus olivaceus eggs Icon_minitimeSun 7 Sep - 18:50

Nice pictures Mario!
Next to our venomous snakes, monitor lizards are my all time favorites.

I recognized that you write Varanus cumingi as it is not longer a salvator subspecies?! Had there beeen a change in the salvator taxonomy?

I must agree with you - Varanus olivaceus is fascinating and i´m happy about your breeding success! I hope you get a change to breed the Mabitang in the near future too.

Best wishes!
René (who needs more space for some nice Varanus ssp. Rolling Eyes )
Back to top Go down
Sven Vogler

Male
Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Varanus olivaceus eggs   Varanus olivaceus eggs Icon_minitimeSun 7 Sep - 19:01

There have been quite some changes in the Varanus salvator-complex. The first time I heard about it was at a presentation at the DGHT-Jahrestagung in 2004. But since monitors are only of peripheral interest for me I can't give you a real update....

Greetings from Hamburg

Sven Vogler
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/djsnakemanhamburg
Mario Lutz
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Mario Lutz

Male

PostSubject: Re: Varanus olivaceus eggs   Varanus olivaceus eggs Icon_minitimeSun 7 Sep - 19:10

René Ries wrote:

I recognized that you write Varanus cumingi as it is not longer a salvator subspecies?! Had there beeen a change in the salvator taxonomy?

yes René, there has been a change in their systematic recently... let me take a look, i have the paper here somewhere, ill scan it and send it to you..
all former Varanus salvator ssp. in the philippines are recognized as full species now.

we lost Varanus salvator on our specieslist in the Philippines, we won Varanus nucalis, Varanus marmoratus, Varanus cumingi... the status of marmoratus is still confusng as the author have not had enough samples for mit. DNA .. their might be a Varanus marmoratus complex with different subspecies yet to be discovered... Bennett is also dicribing a new philipinosaurus species right now, that would be number 3 besides the olivaceus and mabitang, well - i would not be surprised, to find some more new Varanid sp. / ssp. in the philippines in the not so far Future.

cheers
Mario
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Varanus olivaceus eggs   Varanus olivaceus eggs Icon_minitimeSat 15 Nov - 4:53

wow Shocked awesome monitors ,goodluck. the cumingi is kicking A** lol. Laughing

greetz
Back to top Go down
Gustav Eloy
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Gustav Eloy

Male
Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Varanus olivaceus eggs   Varanus olivaceus eggs Icon_minitimeThu 23 Dec - 17:59

this species are really cool animals with nice colorations, keep the hard work on them, any more pics pleaas?
Back to top Go down
Nigel Sowter
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male
Number of posts : 406
Registration date : 2010-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Varanus olivaceus eggs   Varanus olivaceus eggs Icon_minitimeFri 18 Feb - 13:19

OMG! thats a lizard.
Back to top Go down
Mike Spencer
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Mike Spencer

Male
Number of posts : 386
Registration date : 2010-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Varanus olivaceus eggs   Varanus olivaceus eggs Icon_minitimeFri 18 Feb - 15:11

Nice. Good luck with them all and thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
http://www.michaelrayspencer.com
Albert J. Montejo
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male
Number of posts : 306
Registration date : 2011-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Varanus olivaceus eggs   Varanus olivaceus eggs Icon_minitimeSat 11 Jun - 17:35

This significant act of conservation of Varanus olivaceus by Mario Lutz is what brought Venom land to the attention of the world.

Varanus olivaceus, was thought to be extinct !.

Amazing and truly serious,

Albert.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Varanus olivaceus eggs   Varanus olivaceus eggs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Varanus olivaceus eggs
Page 1 of 1