VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Baby Rhinos

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Paul Nelis

Male
Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2008-07-11

Baby Rhinos Empty
PostSubject: Baby Rhinos   Baby Rhinos Icon_minitimeTue 19 Aug - 6:40

Hi Guys,
thought you all might lkie to see this young lady. Al if you see this what do you think?
Baby Rhinos Rhino_10
thanks for looking
Paul.
Back to top Go down
Guenter Leitenbauer
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Guenter Leitenbauer

Male
Number of posts : 1389
Registration date : 2008-05-17

Baby Rhinos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baby Rhinos   Baby Rhinos Icon_minitimeTue 19 Aug - 14:03

I think one of the most beautiful species and maybe one of the most critical to keep - aren't they very easily to be stressed?
Back to top Go down
http://www.leitenbauer.net
Stefan Luksch

Male
Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-04-30

Baby Rhinos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baby Rhinos   Baby Rhinos Icon_minitimeTue 19 Aug - 15:37

Bitis nasicornis are truely one of the most beautiful snakes ever seen...
And yours, Paul, is no exeption Smile Love it! I love you

Unfortunately CBs are hardly to receive in Germany...
Back to top Go down
Al Hyde
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Baby Rhinos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baby Rhinos   Baby Rhinos Icon_minitimeTue 19 Aug - 20:36

Nice Paul! great Blue on the back Very Happy
I'll try to get pics of her sister , the yellow one.

Still trying to save the male rhino and the male gaboon though
Back to top Go down
Al Hyde
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male

Baby Rhinos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baby Rhinos   Baby Rhinos Icon_minitimeTue 19 Aug - 21:52

Hey Paul, compare the difference in colouration , yours with her sister
Baby Rhinos Rhino_10

Baby Rhinos Yellow3
Baby Rhinos Yellow2

By The way, the other sister I kept is identical to yours
Back to top Go down
Al Hyde
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male

Baby Rhinos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baby Rhinos   Baby Rhinos Icon_minitimeWed 20 Aug - 3:00

Guenter Leitenbauer wrote:
I think one of the most beautiful species and maybe one of the most critical to keep - aren't they very easily to be stressed?

Hi Guenter, sorry I forgot to answer your question. Yes, they do stress easily , but if kept with the absolute minimum interaction they can do quite well. I have a male that will always go off feed just from soaking him in a tub

All the best,
Alan
Back to top Go down
Paul Nelis

Male
Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2008-07-11

Baby Rhinos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baby Rhinos   Baby Rhinos Icon_minitimeWed 20 Aug - 8:45

Thanks Guys,
Nasicornis have been special to me since the early 1970's. I have had 4 litters of babies in all that time.
Yes Guenter as Al said they stress at the slightest thing, even walking past the viv can stop one eating for a week. I give mine plenty of hides and things to hide in. most of the babies we get in the UK are C/F so they come with all the problems of the mother. another very important point with Nasicornis is not to over heat them, I keep adults and healthy babies at 22-23 degC. new born and babies that are not doing well I keep at 26degC. when you are lucky enough to have a gravid female then I give her a hot spot of 29 degC which they seem to move in and out of.
Al, her sister is looking great, there is a lot of yellow there. the blue one of mine in the picture is a morning feeder, i put the fuzzy in at night and she grabs it in the morning when I try to take it out. I have had a few who do that.
Sorry to hear that the small male and the gabby are not doing well, i will give you a call tomorrow.
Paul
Back to top Go down
Al Hyde
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male

Baby Rhinos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baby Rhinos   Baby Rhinos Icon_minitimeWed 20 Aug - 19:21

Hi Paul,
LOL!
I had one that would do that too. Put the food in and it would ignore it until I try to take it away then "Snap! That's mine" . Reminds me of my dog when gaurding a biscuit, quite content to just look at it until approached.

Well. The male rhino and gab are just not responding. I've tried Baytril , flagyl and pancur and they are going downhill. Trouble is, they've had so much manhandling from administering medication that now it's all down to stress
Still, the two females are doing fine Smile
Back to top Go down
Al Hyde
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male

Baby Rhinos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baby Rhinos   Baby Rhinos Icon_minitimeMon 25 Aug - 4:55

Well it looks like the male rhino and Gab might make it after all, they seem alot perkier today Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Baby Rhinos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baby Rhinos   Baby Rhinos Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Baby Rhinos
Page 1 of 1