VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Emerald Tree Boa, (Corallus canina), Venomous Snake Mimicry.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Albert J. Montejo
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male
Number of posts : 306
Registration date : 2011-03-01

Emerald Tree Boa, (Corallus canina), Venomous Snake Mimicry. Empty
PostSubject: Emerald Tree Boa, (Corallus canina), Venomous Snake Mimicry.   Emerald Tree Boa, (Corallus canina), Venomous Snake Mimicry. Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jun - 21:46

The Emerald tree Boa, Corallus canina, is considered a venomous snake mimic in the areas that it is found in Northern South America , owing to it's color , head shape and size , in relation to it's thinner neck, and size of it's dental apparatus. Commonly this species is mistaken for Bothriopsis bilineata.

Habitat. Trees and bushes adjacent to water courses, swamps and marshes in rainforests.

Geographic Range. The Amazon Basin, e.g., Peru and Ecuador, east through Brazil and Bolivia to the Guianas.

Obs. Neonates are terra cota, reddish-orange or occasionly bluish-green in color.
Poster, A.J.Montejo and Bart Henzen (pictured) have bred this species in captivity on numerous occasion's.

Emerald Tree Boa, (Corallus canina), Venomous Snake Mimicry. Img5893s.th
Back to top Go down
Peter Zürcher
Admin
Admin
Peter Zürcher

Male
Number of posts : 1266
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Emerald Tree Boa, (Corallus canina), Venomous Snake Mimicry.   Emerald Tree Boa, (Corallus canina), Venomous Snake Mimicry. Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jun - 22:28

Can't see a reason to leave that in the Viperidae section.
Moved to -> your others
and by the way: Corallus caninus
Back to top Go down
http://www.reptilienzoonockalm.at
Albert J. Montejo
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male

PostSubject: Re: Emerald Tree Boa, (Corallus canina), Venomous Snake Mimicry.   Emerald Tree Boa, (Corallus canina), Venomous Snake Mimicry. Icon_minitimeThu 28 Jun - 2:55

Thank you Peter, for the sake of the formal system of Latin nomenclature we will stay with the species latest "official" designation and not each deviation proposed by well meaning and leading anatomist and systematists, be it Corallus canina , batesi, batesi Gray, etc. i stand corrected to use Corallus caninus.

The Emerald Tree Boa is confused in northern South America with The Two-striped forest pit-viper, Bothriopsis Bilineata,.

Distribution, Amazonian South America and the equatorial forest of Venezuela - Suriname.

Obs. There stands an isolated population in the Atlantic Forest of Brazil from the state of Bahia to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. (Campbell et.al). Enclosed i have included pics of a pair of "ultra rare" Atlantic Forest Two striped forest-pitvipers from the fringes of Jacare Pagua, in Rio de Janerio, Brazil, dated on the day of their fortunate discovery 37 meters apart , thought extinct in that area since 1963, this area is in the vicinity of a beach.
Emerald Tree Boa, (Corallus canina), Venomous Snake Mimicry. Bothriopsisbilenatamach.th

To view images log in.
Back to top Go down
Albert J. Montejo
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male

PostSubject: Re: Emerald Tree Boa, (Corallus canina), Venomous Snake Mimicry.   Emerald Tree Boa, (Corallus canina), Venomous Snake Mimicry. Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jul - 3:59

This photo is an experiment i performed using temperature inversion and humidity variance using a common shower, to induce breeding in a pair of Corallus caninus, although unorthodox i produced 13 live babies.[img]Emerald Tree Boa, (Corallus canina), Venomous Snake Mimicry. 7569016230_f12ebcb2a5_n AM LaMerde -x- BA 091505-1 by Zoobotanicals, on Flickr[/img][img]Emerald Tree Boa, (Corallus canina), Venomous Snake Mimicry. 7569037490_ac7c08a2f3_n 2rrut94 by Zoobotanicals, on Flickr[/img]
Back to top Go down
Michael Burger
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Michael Burger

Male
Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2011-06-19

PostSubject: Emerald Tree Boa   Emerald Tree Boa, (Corallus canina), Venomous Snake Mimicry. Icon_minitimeMon 16 Jul - 0:57

Beautiful amazon basins!. I think you had mentioned in a previous post (?) about another B. bilineata mimic- that being Xenodon werneri. I have only seen these in pics, but I would think twice before handling one of those.

Michael
Back to top Go down
Albert J. Montejo
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male

PostSubject: Re: Emerald Tree Boa, (Corallus canina), Venomous Snake Mimicry.   Emerald Tree Boa, (Corallus canina), Venomous Snake Mimicry. Icon_minitimeSun 22 Jul - 4:32

Yes, your correct that was Xenodon werneri, Micheal and always handle any Xenodon species with care.
Below is one of the specimens of Corallus caninus that i produced from the above experiment at 2 yrs. of age.

[img]Emerald Tree Boa, (Corallus canina), Venomous Snake Mimicry. 7617023040_72bd411d5b_z P1010719 by Zoobotanicals, on Flickr[/img]
Emerald Tree Boa, (Corallus canina), Venomous Snake Mimicry. 7617022942_d5b4642d5a_z
P1010715 by Zoobotanicals, on Flickr
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Emerald Tree Boa, (Corallus canina), Venomous Snake Mimicry.   Emerald Tree Boa, (Corallus canina), Venomous Snake Mimicry. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Emerald Tree Boa, (Corallus canina), Venomous Snake Mimicry.
Page 1 of 1