VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

The island of Pag - Croatia

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Albert Gracer
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Albert Gracer

Male
Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2011-11-07

The island of Pag - Croatia Empty
PostSubject: The island of Pag - Croatia   The island of Pag - Croatia Icon_minitimeMon 9 Jul - 1:41

Hello everyone, yesterday I arrived home from a very hot holiday, I spent one week on the island of Pag in Croatia. I am going there with my family for years and I'm always fascinated by the wildlife, landscape and the locals, which are always friendly. These holidays are aimed for the entire family and not just for me, so I can not dedicate much time for herping, but sometimes my wife gives me an hour or two for me and then disappeared all my traces in the wild Very Happy
Here are some pics

Testudo hermanni
The island of Pag - Croatia Dsc_0127

The island of Pag - Croatia Dsc_0310

I also found one empty karapaks of the turtle Sad
The island of Pag - Croatia Dsc_0223

Dalmatian Wall Lizard - Podarcis melisellensis
The island of Pag - Croatia Dalmat10

Cicada - Lyristes plebejus
The island of Pag - Croatia Cicada10

Euscorpius carpathicus
The island of Pag - Croatia Euscor10

Praying mantis - not sure which species
The island of Pag - Croatia Prayin10

Uroctea durandi - this spider is often mistaken for a black widow
The island of Pag - Croatia Urocte10

The island of Pag - Croatia Urocte11

I found a fresh water pond in which there were many frogs but I could not catch any of them for a good shot Mad
The island of Pag - Croatia Dsc_0311

The island of Pag - Croatia Dsc_0316

Ophiosaurus apodus -when we returned in the evening from the beach, we crossed the path of this one beautiful lizard, which was my two and a half years old daughter Naja most happy Smile
The island of Pag - Croatia Ophios10

The island of Pag - Croatia Ophios11

Hemidactylus turcicus - Each evening were this geckos hunting the insects in the outside of the apartment so that we had a sleep without mosquitoes Sleep
The island of Pag - Croatia Hemida10

Ovis aries - the island of Pag is very well known for its sheep's cheese
The island of Pag - Croatia Dsc_0414

Vipera ammodytes - while living on the island many species of snakes, I managed to find only those
The island of Pag - Croatia Dsc_0313

The island of Pag - Croatia Dsc_0314

The island of Pag - Croatia Dsc_0315

Last edited by Albert Gracer on Tue 10 Jul - 4:49; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.stalgo-exotic.com
Peter van Issem
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Peter van Issem

Male
Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: The island of Pag - Croatia   The island of Pag - Croatia Icon_minitimeMon 9 Jul - 20:09

Hi Albert,
thanks for posting this very nice shots!
I like such landscapes, mostly the vipers inside them!
So I'm happy that has found the ammodytes for us!
Back to top Go down
Albert Gracer
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Albert Gracer

Male
Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2011-11-07

PostSubject: Re: The island of Pag - Croatia   The island of Pag - Croatia Icon_minitimeMon 9 Jul - 21:39

Thanks Peter,
I also like such a landscapes, because you never know what you find in there. This island has a wide variety of snakes, such as Malpolon monspessulanus, Telescopus fallax, Zamenis longissimus, Zamenis situla, Elaphe quatuorlineata, Hierophis gemonensis, Platyceps najadum, Natrix natrix and the only viper species Vipera ammodytes, but this year I was unable to find any of the other snake species.
Like the Terminator said " I'll be back " Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.stalgo-exotic.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The island of Pag - Croatia   The island of Pag - Croatia Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The island of Pag - Croatia
Page 1 of 1