VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

A. nitschei, WC baby

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Christian Moisander
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Christian Moisander

Male
Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2008-04-27

A. nitschei, WC baby Empty
PostSubject: A. nitschei, WC baby   A. nitschei, WC baby Icon_minitimeSat 30 Aug - 21:23

Well, not a baby anymore Very Happy

This cute little thing was imported a year and a half ago. I believe it had only shed it's skin once, after birth.
A. nitschei, WC baby P1030539

Second shed.
A. nitschei, WC baby P1030594

Yesterday.
A. nitschei, WC baby P1000963
Back to top Go down
Derek Morgan
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Derek Morgan

Male
Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: A. nitschei, WC baby   A. nitschei, WC baby Icon_minitimeSun 31 Aug - 7:35

Very nice, and it's awesome to see the change over time! Will it be ready to breed next year?
Back to top Go down
http://www.arborealvipers.com
Christian Moisander
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Christian Moisander

Male

PostSubject: Re: A. nitschei, WC baby   A. nitschei, WC baby Icon_minitimeSun 31 Aug - 8:30

Thanks!

I think it might be, considering that it is a male - unless I'm gravely mistaken.
I currently have a group of 4.4, including 0.1 '08 and 0.1 '07. The old female which dropped the three babies last year just hasn't tolerated the male's attempts at breeding. Fortunately she hasn't killed the male Wink

So, for now it seems I have only one female that might breed, should all go well.
I've been thinking if I should try to breed the same pair which bred last year, or should I give the female a break and try next year with another male...
Back to top Go down
Derek Morgan
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Derek Morgan

Male
Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: A. nitschei, WC baby   A. nitschei, WC baby Icon_minitimeSun 31 Aug - 12:09

That's a good question. My brother had a squam go every year for 3-4 years in a row...he started calling her Old Faithful. Then he gave her a break, and she did fine. I bred a female and then gave her a year off and she produced babies anyway on her own from stored sperm. So maybe your nitschei will produce babies, no matter what you decide to do with her. Laughing In my opinion, if that was her first breeding then she should be okay going again this year. And I would probably try her with both males, just in case the baby problem had something to do with his sperm.
Back to top Go down
http://www.arborealvipers.com
Christian Moisander
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Christian Moisander

Male

PostSubject: Re: A. nitschei, WC baby   A. nitschei, WC baby Icon_minitimeSun 31 Aug - 16:31

Good point, I have one female that's going strong even though she produced 3 years in a row. Last year she mated again, but didn't produce anything this year. I assumed she stored the sperm and perhaps took a break on her own.
So I guess in the end the nitschei female will decide what to do, no matter what I try to do about it Laughing

I think I will put the two adult females together and keep the adult male separated from them. Eventually I will try introducing at least two different males to see what happens.
Thanks for the tip; I might have stubbornly stuck with the pair that did work out and not try anything else.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A. nitschei, WC baby   A. nitschei, WC baby Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A. nitschei, WC baby
Page 1 of 1